Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Jack Giroux
What could’ve been the new Daredevil movie turned into the critically acclaimed Daredevil television series. In a recent interview, writer-director Drew Goddard (The Cabin in the Woods), executive producer and creator of the Netflix show, revealed his initial plans for the superhero, which were aimed at the big screen. (Joss Whedon also pushed for the character to lead a movie, rather than a TV series.)
Read more about the decision to bring Daredevil to TV rather than theaters, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
What has Mads Mikkelsen heard about Doctor Strange? Which Jessica Jones character has reported to the Luke Cage set? Want a first look at Lash from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Could Warner Bros. make more Batman games? Which superhero (besides Falcon) does Anthony Mackie want to play? Was Marvel ever considering another Daredevil movie? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Ridley Scott‘s adaptation of The Martian sees Matt Damon playing a NASA astronaut stranded on Mars in a story of survival and hopeful escape from the deadly planet. This week NASA revealed new findings that reveals that potentially life-giving water still flows across the planet’s ancient surface. How does this discovery change what you will see on the big screen? How might The Martian be different now that NASA has released this new confirmation? What if there was water in The Martian? Find out, after the jump.
Read More »
Not so long ago, in 2014, Drew Goddard was working on Marvel’s Daredevil, and scheduled to write and direct Sinister Six for Sony. That was before the Sony email hack, and the new plan for Spider-Man to be produced by Marvel, and a host of other events and decisions.
Goddard is no longer making the Sinister Six movie because that movie is no longer happening. But the plan for that film, which he calls “the giant, epic Spider-Man movie of my dreams,” was originally set to have it take place somewhat outside movie continuity, and Goddard says it could be revived if Marvel and Sony want it. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, September 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Don’t hold your breath for a Sex and the City 3
- See Chloë Moretz, Selena Gomez and more on the Neighbors 2 set
- Ouija 2 rounds out its cast with two more actors
- Drew Goddard discusses the possibility of a Cloverfield 2
- Jack McBrayer claims to know nothing about Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Tom Hiddleston promises Kong: Skull Island will answer some questions
- The stars of Spectre adorn the cover of Empire Magazine
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
What sold Ben Affleck on Batman v Superman? Where will the next Captain America: Civil War footage be revealed? What’s with Apocalypse’s costume in X-Men? Why won’t James Gunn use the Sneepers in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2? Does Mark Ruffalo like Amadeus Cho as the new Hulk? How does Scarlet Witch fit into Captain America: Civil War? What does Drew Goddard have to say about the Sinister Six movie that never was? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
When will we see the X-Men: Apocalypse trailer? Want to see Quake’s new duds in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Is Drew Goddard involved in Daredevil Season 2? Who would win in a fight, Scarlet Witch or Loki? How about Jason Bourne or Batman? Does Sebastian Stan want Bucky to be the new Captain America? How is Deadpool celebrating the Golden Girls‘ 30th anniversary? What does Emily Blunt have to say about those Captain Marvel rumors? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Writer/director Drew Goddard (Cloverfield, Cabin in the Woods, World War Z) is out promoting his latest writing gig adapting The Martin for Ridley Scott, and is speaking up about why he isn’t directing a Spider-Man movie, if we’ll ever seen a Cabin in the Woods sequel and details on his involvement in season 2 of Netflix’s Daredevil television series. Hit the jump to find out what he said.
Read More »