Posted on Friday, May 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Zombieland dies a second death as Amazon decides to pass on the series. Also after the jump:
- SNL loses Bill Hader, retains Seth Meyers
- Downton Abbey gets parodied by Diddy and The Simpsons; sets a U.S. premiere date
- HIMYM‘s entire ninth season will take place over one weekend
- Is NBC’s Hannibal headed to cable television?
- USA is still flirting with Happy Endings
- HBO picks up Mike Judge‘s new show and a “gay Girls“
- Netflix encourages you to “insert Tobias anywhere”
- CBS has another new trailer for Under the Dome
- The CW shows off its new 2013-2014 series
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The cast and crew of Star Trek Into Darkness is currently in London for the film’s international press junket and director J.J. Abrams took advantage of the opportunity to get closer to his favorite TV show. Speaking to Empire Magazine a few months back, Abrams gushed about his favorite show on TV, Downton Abbey:
I’m a huge – almost to an embarrassing degree – fan of Downton Abbey. I find myself pathetically addicted to that series….I just want to guest-direct an episode of Downton Abbey. I would, seriously….I don’t think they would have me. But I would be honored. I just want to visit the set maybe. It would be my dream in life. I’m not kidding you!
Well apparently, Abrams has just made his dreams come true. Check out the image below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
Location is essential to the medium of television. Unlike movies, which can use a location and move along, TV recycles the same places over and over to conserve time and money. The result is that places on television become characters themselves.
That was the idea behind Austin-based artist Tim Doyle‘s first solo art show, UnReal Estate, in early 2012. Now the sequel is upon us. UnReal Estate II opens Thursday February 7 at Spoke Art in San Francisco, CA. Just like last year, Doyle has immortalized some of your favorite locations from our favorite TV shows. A few examples include the ship Serenity from Firefly, the TARDIS in Doctor Who, the model home on Arrested Development, and Downton Abbey from, well, you know where.
Below we’ve got the entire show and will tell you how to see it in person as well as buy prints online. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
Steel yourself for the very end of Fringe with a new trailer and poster. Also after the jump:
- The Killing is officially returning to AMC for a third season
- Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B get pulled from Sundays
- Who noticed that the Twin Towers were missing on The Carrie Diaries?
- Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore is returning to Syfy with Helix
- iTunes will offer Downton Abbey a little early; Maggie Smith will return
- We Bought a Zoo‘s Colin Ford joins Stephen King‘s Under the Dome
- Hannibal casts Aliens star Lance Henriksen in a guest spot
- See the premiere of the Childrens Hospital spinoff Newsreaders
- Nick Offerman fantasizes about the presidency on Axe Cop
- A new video goes behind the scenes of Game of Thrones Season 3
Read More »
For the 70th year, the Hollywood Foreign Press handed out their Golden Globe Awards Sunday night. Hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler entertained an audience of TV and movie fans there to bestow awards to shows like Girls, Modern Family, Smash, Breaking Bad, Homeland and Downton Abbey and films like Lincoln, Argo, Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Yes, I said Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
That’s just one example of surprise nominees that make the Globes such a wild card each and every year. Check out all the winners below along with live commentary.
UPDATE: We’ve embedded a lot of the special moments from the show below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
While we’ve been running around preparing for and celebrating the holidays, a few interesting bits of TV news have broken over the past few days. After the jump:
- How I Met Your Mother will return for Season 9
- Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B— get shuffled
- Timothy Olyphant books an Archer guest role
- Why did Glen Mazzara leave The Walking Dead?
- The CW is developing a female Robin Hood series
- NBC’s failed The Farm will air as an Office episode
- Bryan Fuller‘s Mockingbird Lane is officially dead
- Girls Season 2 gets two new trailers and a featurette
- Downton Abbey is losing a star in Season 4
Read More »