Posted on Monday, August 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Downton Abbey is preparing to open its doors to you one last time. Ahead of the show’s final season premiere, ITV has unveiled a new trailer hinting at bittersweet endings for the Crawleys and their devoted staff. Watch the Downton Abbey final season trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: This news originally ran on Monday but there’s a new twist. A movie has now been mentioned as a possibly. Read more below.
For me, Downton Abbey just kind of happened. I’d heard some chatter about this British period drama people were raving about and, one night, I just popped the pilot on via Netflix. Instantly, I was hooked. The sharp writing, the dynamic characters and fascinating juxtaposition of a wealthy family and their servants had everything you could want in television: humor, suspense, romance, you name it. I’ve been a fan ever since and I’m not ashamed to say I’ve shed a tear or two at the show.
That’ll likely happen again next year. Word has come down that season six, which will air later this year in the United Kingdom before airing on PBS in the States in January 2016, will be the final season of Downton Abbey. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Briefly: The Crawleys will survive to fight another day. Downton Abbey has been renewed for a fifth season, as announced by PBS, several weeks before Season 4 even premieres in the U.S. “As American audiences ready themselves for the January 5th premiere of Season 4, our devoted Downton fans will rest easy knowing that a fifth season is on the way,” said Masterpiece executive producer Rebecca Eaton.
In the U.K., the fourth season (sorry, that’s “series” for you Brits) concluded this past weekend. It was the highest-rated TV drama of the year, drawing nearly 12 million viewers on average. There aren’t many upsides to the fact that our friends across the pond get the episodes months before we do, but the fact that we don’t have to worry about whether the show will get renewed is one.
Downton Abbey‘s 2013 Christmas Special will air in the U.K. next month. Season 4 kicks off January 5 in the U.S.
Posted on Thursday, October 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
As British Downton Abbey fans brace themselves for the Season 4 finale in two weeks, American Downton Abbey fans are just now preparing for the Season 4 premiere in January.
PBS has released a new U.S. teaser for the post-Edwardian drama, featuring all the tasteful string music, lush period costumes, scandalous kisses, and shocked glances that you’d expect from a Downton Abbey teaser. The only thing it’s missing are some cutting Dowager Countess quips. Check it out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Tragedy hit the Crawley family in a big way during the last season of Downton Abbey, but life at the manor goes on — as the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) helpfully reminds Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) in the first trailer from Season 4. Based on the video, this life involves lots of hugging, kissing, and casting of meaningful glances, plus a whole lot of crying.
Additionally, there are some major changes coming to Downton, such as the addition of the show’s first black cast member (Gary Carr) and a trio of handsome suitors for Lady Mary (Tom Cullen, Julian Ovenden, and Brendan Patricks). Watch the new trailer after the jump; some Season 3 spoilers follow.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Look how excited Masuka is about the impending return of Dexter. After the jump:
- HBO sets Boardwalk Empire and Hello Ladies premiere dates
- Bobby Cannavale joins Martin Scorsese‘s HBO pilot
- Michelle Fairley (a.k.a. Catelyn Stark) heads to Suits
- Dan Stevens is sorry about that Downton Abbey stuff
- The IT Crowd crowd is back at work for one last episode
- Showtime’s Shameless loses one of its regulars
- Nurse Jackie will stick around for another year
- The Borgias will end after Season 3, won’t get a movie
- Peek at photos from the Dexter Season 8 premiere
Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Zombieland dies a second death as Amazon decides to pass on the series. Also after the jump:
- SNL loses Bill Hader, retains Seth Meyers
- Downton Abbey gets parodied by Diddy and The Simpsons; sets a U.S. premiere date
- HIMYM‘s entire ninth season will take place over one weekend
- Is NBC’s Hannibal headed to cable television?
- USA is still flirting with Happy Endings
- HBO picks up Mike Judge‘s new show and a “gay Girls“
- Netflix encourages you to “insert Tobias anywhere”
- CBS has another new trailer for Under the Dome
- The CW shows off its new 2013-2014 series
Read More »
The cast and crew of Star Trek Into Darkness is currently in London for the film’s international press junket and director J.J. Abrams took advantage of the opportunity to get closer to his favorite TV show. Speaking to Empire Magazine a few months back, Abrams gushed about his favorite show on TV, Downton Abbey:
I’m a huge – almost to an embarrassing degree – fan of Downton Abbey. I find myself pathetically addicted to that series….I just want to guest-direct an episode of Downton Abbey. I would, seriously….I don’t think they would have me. But I would be honored. I just want to visit the set maybe. It would be my dream in life. I’m not kidding you!
Well apparently, Abrams has just made his dreams come true. Check out the image below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »