Posted on Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
Before you go off to spend your weekend chilling like Chewbacca here, we’ve got everything you need to know about what’s new in the world of Star Wars. After the jump:
- Check out an awesome fanmade Holochess table with augmented reality
- Take a peek inside Chewbacca‘s upcoming solo comic series
- The Slave Leia costume and other Star Wars lots are up for auction
- See the Force Awakens pins on sale at Disney parks
- This Battlefront deluxe edition comes with a Han Solo mini-fridge
- The Star Wars Battlefront beta will be open to everyone
- Watch a preview of Star Wars Rebels Season 2
- What accent will Daisy Ridley have in The Force Awakens?
- General Hux actor Domhnall Gleeson defends the First Order
- Rian Johnson thanks the good people of County Kerry, Ireland
- Rest assured no Skellig Michael wildlife was harmed in the shoot
- Mark Hamill has been spotted pulling pints in Ireland
- Episode VIII might be shooting in Greenham Common now
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
The bad news for Star Wars fans is that there won’t be any new The Force Awakens footage screened at D23 this weekend. But the good news is, we do have a slew of new photos to pore over and pick apart in the meantime — plus some juicy story details to go along with them.
Among other things, the latest bast of images feature fresh looks at villains General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), and Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie); heroes Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Daisy Ridley); and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. Get the new Star Wars 7 photos and details after the jump.
Update: All the photos are all available in high resolution, with the exception of the Kylo Ren cover image.
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
One of the highlights at Comic Con this year was a behind the scenes reel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When this was released over the weekend, I tried to pull together a piece dissecting the reel image by image, but the madness that is Comic Con prevented me from finishing it until now.
What follows is a breakdown of 13 things we learned from this footage, this includes confirmation of new and old characters, our first look at some of the cast, some story and character details put together from the new images matched with previous rumors, and some questions. Hit the jump to read our list.
Read More »
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
Making its way to theaters this summer after a premiere at the 2015 Sundance film Festival is the indie, coming of age tale Brooklyn starring The Lovely Bones, Hanna and The Grand Budapest Hotel star Saorise Ronan.
Set in 1950s New York City, the film follows a young Irish immigrant girl, fresh off the boat and hoping for the opportunity that America is known for across the world. Life isn’t easy at first, but then a budding romance enters the picture and everything changes. And if the trailer is any indicator, this one should be a touching charmer. Watch the Brooklyn trailer after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Alex Garland‘s directorial debut Ex Machina knocked us out with its combination of provocative writing, impeccable craftsmanship, and detailed performances from Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, and Alicia Vikander. The film has played around the world and is gradually expanding across the United States.
Now there’s one more Ex Machina trailer to see, and it’s a doozy — a brief but dense treatise on the dangers of the development of artificial intelligence, set to some of the film’s darkly ominous score, by Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury. Oh, and the film’s distributor has also released a video featuring the great Ex Machina dance scene. No spoilers in noting that (it’s official marketing, after all) but for those who’ve already seen the film, the second video below is going to be your jam. Read More »
Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron takes a starring role in this latest Star Wars Bits, but there’s much more too. Below read about the following:
- Does Star Wars Episode VIII have a Japanese component?
- Read a great history of what Rogue One actually means.
- The Rogue One trademark contains the words “Star Wars.”
- Find out when each of the shots in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser take place in the movie.
- Domhnall Gleeson forgot we knew the name “Poe Dameron” in this interview. Proceeds to freak out.
- Find out a bit more about Poe Dameron’s X-Wing.
- The author of Star Wars: Aftermath has been revealed.
- Learn some of the Luke Skywalker revelations in Heir to the Jedi.
- Will we see Star Wars Battlefront at Star Wars Celebration?
Read More »