Posted on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Before Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson go gallivanting about some galaxy far, far away, they’ll be tangling with robots right here on planet Earth. Alex Garland‘s Ex Machina has Gleeson playing Caleb, a programmer selected to help his company’s CEO Nathan (Isaac) test his new artificial intelligence experiment Ava (Alicia Vikander).
At first all seems well, with Ava impressing both men. But as in every AI movie ever made, things don’t quite turn out the way the guys expected. Watch the new Ex Machina trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »
Last week, we told you about a new rumor regarding Domhnall Gleeson and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was interesting and intriguing, but we left it at that. Since then, the rumor has begun to pick up steam online and the more I think about it, the more I want to discuss it. If it’s true, it’s a game changer the likes of which Star Wars has never seen. Which is why I don’t think it’s true. Below, read about the Domhnall Gleeson Star Wars rumor. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
After years of scripting and producing sci-fi movies, Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Sunshine) is finally trying his hand at directing one. Ex Machina features Star Wars Episode 7 castmates Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson as two men working on an artificially intelligent robot played by Alicia Vikander. As is always the case in movies about AIs, things don’t go quite the way they expect. Watch the first Ex Machina trailer after the jump.
UPDATE: Another new Ex Machina trailer has been added after the jump.
Read More »
Alex Garland is known as a screenwriter (28 Days Later, Sunshine) and producer (Dredd, which he also wrote) and now he is a director. The first feature from Garland is called Ex Machina, in which Alicia Vikander (above) plays an AI which interacts with a scientist and a businessman (Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac) in ways the two couldn’t expect. A trailer for the film is coming tomorrow; for now get a gander at the great Ex Machina poster below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, September 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
As a writer, Alex Garland has been behind some of our favorite sci-fi films of the past several years including Sunshine, Never Let Me Go, and Dredd. But it’s only now, with Ex Machina, that he’s trying to make one as a director.
He’s already got a great cast assembled for the project, including Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, and Alicia Vikander. Now a trippy new image of Vikander as a half-formed android has arrived to give us a better idea of what exactly Garland has in mind. Get an eyeful at new Ex Machina images after the jump.
Read More »
Want more Star Wars Bits? We’ve got more Star Wars Bits. It starts with some big time Star Wars Rebels updates and ends with some potentially massive Episode VII spoilers. (Don’t worry, they’re well hidden.) Below, read about the following:
- Watch three new commercials from Star Wars Rebels.
- Here are the top 10 fights in Star Wars, according to Lucasfilm.
- Read Dave Filoni‘s foreword to Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- The titles of the first episodes of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed.
- J.J. Abrams talks Apollo 11 from the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Latino Review drops some potentially major Episode VII spoilers.
Read More »
We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
Frank is so great. I want to show it to everyone, but right now I’ll settle for sharing a new Frank trailer. The film is easily in my favorites of 2014 so far, and not because it has Michael Fassbender wearing a giant fake head, or because Maggie Gyllenhaal is a deliciously brittle musician, or because Domhnall Gleeson plays a picture-perfect vision of the wannabe artist.
The film is a fave because, as weird as the movie gets, Frank is totally honest, gleefully odd, and unusually perceptive about the process of making music and art. It feels totally right. And, ok, Fassbender’s performance as Frank is stellar, and the rest of the cast rises to his challenge. The Frank US trailer is out now, and you can see it below. Read More »