It’s been a big month for The Revenant. Not only did the movie and its director, Alejandro G. Iñárritu take home awards at the Golden Globes last Sunday, but last week also brought 12 Oscar nominations for the film and its crew, celebrating almost every department who worked on the frontier epic. If you’ve been curious about how the movie was made and haven’t heard the endless stream of conversation about how difficult it was to make, a batch of nine new featurettes dive into the making of The Revenant. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The Revenant is a genuine epic. As large as the film is in scale, with its vast landscapes and its long journey into a chilly hell, both director Alejandro González Iñárritu and screenwriter Mark L. Smith wanted to tell a personal, intimate story amongst all the chaos. The two-and-a-half-hour film is about revenge, but to Smith, it’s about far more than that.
The screenwriter has been working on the project for years now, starting all the way back in 2007. It’s easy to see why any writer would be drawn to this story, to have the oppurtunity to tell a story through behavior and images, rather than exposition — which there’s very, very little of in The Revenant.
We spoke with screenwriter Smith about the internalized father-son story. Hit the jump to see what he had to say. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Hey, man. I hear you’re looking for some new Star Wars images? A little birdie told me. You know, through the grapevine and such. Well, let’s just say that I’m the man who can supply you with such things. I know some people will tell you that Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in a little over a week and you should just wait, but they don’t understand people like you and me, you know? You work hard. Your days are long. You deserve a chance to relax with a little hit of Star Wars. You need a daily fix. I get that. This is a judgment-free zone.
C’mon. Follow me after the jump and I’ll show you some new fresh new images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I got some Kylo Ren. I got some Han Solo. I got a little something for all tastes. You’re not wearing a wire, are you?
Read More »
Okay, so today ends the abundance of Star Wars: The Force Awakens news breaks as the Entertainment Weekly cover story has been released. After the jump you can find a round-up of all the new information we haven’t previously covered, including the final Force Awakens running time, the answer to if Starkiller base is another Death Star, Lawrence Kasdan talkimg about “starting from scratch” when he came on to rework Michael Arndt’s script, details on Kylo Ren and General Hux’s relationship and motivations, Daisy Ridley’s funny Harrison Ford story and much more. We also have a 47 second preview that aired on Disney XD in the UK which features a bunch of new footage.
Read More »
I see you have constructed a new Star Wars Bits. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- First look at new The Force Awakens books coming in December
- Domhnall Gleeson talks a bit about his Force Awakens character General Hux
- Tim Rose discusses returning as Admiral Akbar in The Force Awakens
- Some new rumors surface about Rey in The Force Awakens
- A new survey asks fans where The Force Awakens will rank among the saga
- See a forthcoming new 6-inch Black Series figure from The Force Awakens
- Check out Hot Toys‘ sixth scale First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
- Kickstart some awesome Star Wars bluetooth speakers
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
Before you go off to spend your weekend chilling like Chewbacca here, we’ve got everything you need to know about what’s new in the world of Star Wars. After the jump:
- Check out an awesome fanmade Holochess table with augmented reality
- Take a peek inside Chewbacca‘s upcoming solo comic series
- The Slave Leia costume and other Star Wars lots are up for auction
- See the Force Awakens pins on sale at Disney parks
- This Battlefront deluxe edition comes with a Han Solo mini-fridge
- The Star Wars Battlefront beta will be open to everyone
- Watch a preview of Star Wars Rebels Season 2
- What accent will Daisy Ridley have in The Force Awakens?
- General Hux actor Domhnall Gleeson defends the First Order
- Rian Johnson thanks the good people of County Kerry, Ireland
- Rest assured no Skellig Michael wildlife was harmed in the shoot
- Mark Hamill has been spotted pulling pints in Ireland
- Episode VIII might be shooting in Greenham Common now
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
The bad news for Star Wars fans is that there won’t be any new The Force Awakens footage screened at D23 this weekend. But the good news is, we do have a slew of new photos to pore over and pick apart in the meantime — plus some juicy story details to go along with them.
Among other things, the latest bast of images feature fresh looks at villains General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), and Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie); heroes Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Daisy Ridley); and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. Get the new Star Wars 7 photos and details after the jump.
Update: All the photos are all available in high resolution, with the exception of the Kylo Ren cover image.
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »