Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron takes a starring role in this latest Star Wars Bits, but there’s much more too. Below read about the following:
- Does Star Wars Episode VIII have a Japanese component?
- Read a great history of what Rogue One actually means.
- The Rogue One trademark contains the words “Star Wars.”
- Find out when each of the shots in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser take place in the movie.
- Domhnall Gleeson forgot we knew the name “Poe Dameron” in this interview. Proceeds to freak out.
- Find out a bit more about Poe Dameron’s X-Wing.
- The author of Star Wars: Aftermath has been revealed.
- Learn some of the Luke Skywalker revelations in Heir to the Jedi.
- Will we see Star Wars Battlefront at Star Wars Celebration?
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, March 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
The subject of A.I. (and/or the singularity) is one ripe for cinematic exploration, and explore it we have — in Her, in Transcendence, in Chappie, in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron and Terminator: Genisys. But as that list shows, the actual quality of those films has been all over the map.
Happily, Alex Garland‘s Ex Machina seems to fall on the higher end of the spectrum. After years of writing haunting sci-fi scripts for other people, Garland finally makes his directorial debut with this simple story about two men (Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson) and a beautiful but slippery A.I. (Alicia Vikander). Get the Ex Machina early buzz from SXSW after the jump. Read More »
Concrete information about the new Star Wars movies is a rare commodity. Right now, we don’t know way more than we do know and that lack of definitive knowledge leads to debate, discussion and arguments. These are happening every day amongst Star Wars fans and will continue until Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18. Probably beyond, too, since the story won’t end with that film.
With these Star Wars conversations more prevalent than actual information, we decided to have a little fun. We’ve gone against Han Solo’s better judgement and set some simple, Las Vegas odds against 15 questions fans are currently debating. Most are non-spoiler, a few are (clearly marked) spoilers, but all are very much at the center of the current Star Wars conversation. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Before Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson go gallivanting about some galaxy far, far away, they’ll be tangling with robots right here on planet Earth. Alex Garland‘s Ex Machina has Gleeson playing Caleb, a programmer selected to help his company’s CEO Nathan (Isaac) test his new artificial intelligence experiment Ava (Alicia Vikander).
At first all seems well, with Ava impressing both men. But as in every AI movie ever made, things don’t quite turn out the way the guys expected. Watch the new Ex Machina trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Last week, we told you about a new rumor regarding Domhnall Gleeson and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was interesting and intriguing, but we left it at that. Since then, the rumor has begun to pick up steam online and the more I think about it, the more I want to discuss it. If it’s true, it’s a game changer the likes of which Star Wars has never seen. Which is why I don’t think it’s true. Below, read about the Domhnall Gleeson Star Wars rumor. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
After years of scripting and producing sci-fi movies, Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Sunshine) is finally trying his hand at directing one. Ex Machina features Star Wars Episode 7 castmates Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson as two men working on an artificially intelligent robot played by Alicia Vikander. As is always the case in movies about AIs, things don’t go quite the way they expect. Watch the first Ex Machina trailer after the jump.
UPDATE: Another new Ex Machina trailer has been added after the jump.
Read More »
Alex Garland is known as a screenwriter (28 Days Later, Sunshine) and producer (Dredd, which he also wrote) and now he is a director. The first feature from Garland is called Ex Machina, in which Alicia Vikander (above) plays an AI which interacts with a scientist and a businessman (Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac) in ways the two couldn’t expect. A trailer for the film is coming tomorrow; for now get a gander at the great Ex Machina poster below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
As a writer, Alex Garland has been behind some of our favorite sci-fi films of the past several years including Sunshine, Never Let Me Go, and Dredd. But it’s only now, with Ex Machina, that he’s trying to make one as a director.
He’s already got a great cast assembled for the project, including Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, and Alicia Vikander. Now a trippy new image of Vikander as a half-formed android has arrived to give us a better idea of what exactly Garland has in mind. Get an eyeful at new Ex Machina images after the jump.
Read More »