Comic Con is too large of an event for celebrities to actually walk the show floor, but that doesn’t stop some of them from trying. Justin Timberlake once walked Comic-Con dressed as a ‘Sesame Street’ character years ago. Many other actors have famously thrown on a Stormtrooper helmet and walked the show floor with just a half-assed cosplay presentation — so if you ever see someone who just threw on a mask and it looks like they didn’t try hard enough, ask yourself which actor might possibly be hiding in plain sight. Michael Cera just threw on a fierce-looking Gorilla mask one year.
This year, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston, Doctor Who‘s eleventh doctor Matt Smith and The Wolverine star Hugh Jackman are among the actors we know who donned a disguise and walked the show floor this year. After the jump you can see how they did it.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Continuing the new tradition of San Diego Comic-Con, on the final day the movie studios move out and the TV shows move in. Even though 2013 sees several major TV shows with panels earlier in the convention, the Sunday schedule has the bulk of the TV panels. The big one is Breaking Bad, which will make its final appearance at the convention on the eve of the series finale. There’s also a 50th anniversary panel on Doctor Who, Community, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, Under the Dome, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and more.
Check out some highlights below. Read More »
There’s been a lot of talk about Doctor Who in the past week. The eleventh actor to play the title role, Matt Smith, announced that he would be leaving the show after this year’s upcoming Christmas Special. Smith is the third actor to play the Doctor since the show was revived by the BBC in 2005. Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor for revival’s first season; he was followed by David Tennant. Eccleston was well-established before taking the role, while both Tennant and Smith found the Doctor to be a career-making gig.
But who’ll follow Smith? Hopes have been aired that a female or black actor would become the next incarnation of the time lord. Now, however, it looks like the BBC might stick to tradition. The Guardian reports that Rory Kinnear, recently seen in Skyfall, has been offered the role. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Sony is apparently eager to hear what Dan Harmon has to say about Community‘s fourth season. Also after the jump:
- Peek at a DVD-only scene from Breaking Bad
- NBC renews Hannibal
- USA doesn’t want Happy Endings
- Revenge and Suburgatory lose stars
- Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
- Dominic West and Judy Greer book new roles
- Girls adds a boy
- Peek at Falling Skies‘ new poster
- The Newsroom gets another trailer
Read More »
Location is essential to the medium of television. Unlike movies, which can use a location and move along, TV recycles the same places over and over to conserve time and money. The result is that places on television become characters themselves.
That was the idea behind Austin-based artist Tim Doyle‘s first solo art show, UnReal Estate, in early 2012. Now the sequel is upon us. UnReal Estate II opens Thursday February 7 at Spoke Art in San Francisco, CA. Just like last year, Doyle has immortalized some of your favorite locations from our favorite TV shows. A few examples include the ship Serenity from Firefly, the TARDIS in Doctor Who, the model home on Arrested Development, and Downton Abbey from, well, you know where.
Below we’ve got the entire show and will tell you how to see it in person as well as buy prints online. Read More »
Lots of casting, first looks and more in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump find the following:
- Your first look at Showtime’s new shows Masters of Sex with Lizzy Caplan and Ray Donovan with Liev Schrieber.
- Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon will helm the pilot for the ABC 1980s family comedy How the F Am I Normal?
- Jessica Lange will stay with American Horror Story unless Ryan Murphy “sinks the ship.”
- Meet the season six guest stars of Californication, including Maggie Grace.
- Check out a photo from the final table read of 30 Rock.
- Emmy winner Margo Martindale joins the cast of The Americans.
- Billy Campbell is not returning to The Killing.
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson joins Hannibal.
- Watch the trailer for Doctor Who: The Snowmen, a Christmas special.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV bits is stuffed to the brim with new project announcements, casting notices, trailers, and much more. After the jump:
- Mike Judge and Scott Rudin team for Silicon Valley at HBO
- FX is adapting J. Michael Feldman‘s show Fairy Tale Theater
- Goonies co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feldman reunite on TMNT
- The Newsroom casts someone to play a Romney campaign staffer
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser in TNT’s spy drama Legends
- The CW gives freshman drama series Cult a February premiere date
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery direct more episodes of Mad Men
- Is Doctor Who uniting all 11 Doctors for an anniversary special?
- How would you like to create a title sequence for A&E’s Bates Motel?
- Read an in-depth oral history of beloved cult classic Freaks & Geeks
- Hannah fails to get a job in a deleted scene from Season 1 of Girls
- Laura Dern has big plans in the Enlightened Season 2 teaser
- See a teaser for the Beyonce-directed documentary about Beyonce
- Check out a production video from the Game of Thrones set
- Showtime offers up a teaser for season 6 of Californication
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 by Angie Han
Winter is coming, both in the regular winter-related sense and also in the sense that Game of Thrones‘ Season 3 premiere is slowly but surely approaching. After the jump:
- Jesse Plemons heads to HBO’s Cold War series The Missionary
- Lauren Ash joins Rebel Wilson and Liza Lapira in Super Fun Night
- Mark Wahlberg creates a The Fighter-inspired reality show for A&E
- CBS cancels Partners; ABC nixes 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort
- See some dark early concept art from Bryan Fuller‘s Mockingbird Lane
- HBO reveals its first not very revealing teaser for Game of Thrones
- Enjoy a trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special “The Snowmen”
Read More »