There’s been a lot of talk about Doctor Who in the past week. The eleventh actor to play the title role, Matt Smith, announced that he would be leaving the show after this year’s upcoming Christmas Special. Smith is the third actor to play the Doctor since the show was revived by the BBC in 2005. Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor for revival’s first season; he was followed by David Tennant. Eccleston was well-established before taking the role, while both Tennant and Smith found the Doctor to be a career-making gig.
But who’ll follow Smith? Hopes have been aired that a female or black actor would become the next incarnation of the time lord. Now, however, it looks like the BBC might stick to tradition. The Guardian reports that Rory Kinnear, recently seen in Skyfall, has been offered the role. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Sony is apparently eager to hear what Dan Harmon has to say about Community‘s fourth season. Also after the jump:
- Peek at a DVD-only scene from Breaking Bad
- NBC renews Hannibal
- USA doesn’t want Happy Endings
- Revenge and Suburgatory lose stars
- Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
- Dominic West and Judy Greer book new roles
- Girls adds a boy
- Peek at Falling Skies‘ new poster
- The Newsroom gets another trailer
Read More »
Location is essential to the medium of television. Unlike movies, which can use a location and move along, TV recycles the same places over and over to conserve time and money. The result is that places on television become characters themselves.
That was the idea behind Austin-based artist Tim Doyle‘s first solo art show, UnReal Estate, in early 2012. Now the sequel is upon us. UnReal Estate II opens Thursday February 7 at Spoke Art in San Francisco, CA. Just like last year, Doyle has immortalized some of your favorite locations from our favorite TV shows. A few examples include the ship Serenity from Firefly, the TARDIS in Doctor Who, the model home on Arrested Development, and Downton Abbey from, well, you know where.
Below we’ve got the entire show and will tell you how to see it in person as well as buy prints online. Read More »
Lots of casting, first looks and more in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump find the following:
- Your first look at Showtime’s new shows Masters of Sex with Lizzy Caplan and Ray Donovan with Liev Schrieber.
- Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon will helm the pilot for the ABC 1980s family comedy How the F Am I Normal?
- Jessica Lange will stay with American Horror Story unless Ryan Murphy “sinks the ship.”
- Meet the season six guest stars of Californication, including Maggie Grace.
- Check out a photo from the final table read of 30 Rock.
- Emmy winner Margo Martindale joins the cast of The Americans.
- Billy Campbell is not returning to The Killing.
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson joins Hannibal.
- Watch the trailer for Doctor Who: The Snowmen, a Christmas special.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV bits is stuffed to the brim with new project announcements, casting notices, trailers, and much more. After the jump:
- Mike Judge and Scott Rudin team for Silicon Valley at HBO
- FX is adapting J. Michael Feldman‘s show Fairy Tale Theater
- Goonies co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feldman reunite on TMNT
- The Newsroom casts someone to play a Romney campaign staffer
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser in TNT’s spy drama Legends
- The CW gives freshman drama series Cult a February premiere date
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery direct more episodes of Mad Men
- Is Doctor Who uniting all 11 Doctors for an anniversary special?
- How would you like to create a title sequence for A&E’s Bates Motel?
- Read an in-depth oral history of beloved cult classic Freaks & Geeks
- Hannah fails to get a job in a deleted scene from Season 1 of Girls
- Laura Dern has big plans in the Enlightened Season 2 teaser
- See a teaser for the Beyonce-directed documentary about Beyonce
- Check out a production video from the Game of Thrones set
- Showtime offers up a teaser for season 6 of Californication
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 by Angie Han
Winter is coming, both in the regular winter-related sense and also in the sense that Game of Thrones‘ Season 3 premiere is slowly but surely approaching. After the jump:
- Jesse Plemons heads to HBO’s Cold War series The Missionary
- Lauren Ash joins Rebel Wilson and Liza Lapira in Super Fun Night
- Mark Wahlberg creates a The Fighter-inspired reality show for A&E
- CBS cancels Partners; ABC nixes 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort
- See some dark early concept art from Bryan Fuller‘s Mockingbird Lane
- HBO reveals its first not very revealing teaser for Game of Thrones
- Enjoy a trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special “The Snowmen”
Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 27th, 2012 by Angie Han
A little bit of casting, a couple of teasers, and a time-traveling webisode are included in today’s TV Bits. After the jump:
- Tom Bower and Breaking Bad‘s Matt Jones join The Farm
- Vera Farmiga will be Norman Bates’ mom in Bates Motel
- David Fincher spills on who else will direct House of Cards
- Tom and Huck will grow up, go steampunk, solve crimes for ABC
- American Horror Story reveals two teasers and four images
- Check out the Doctor Who spinoff web series Pond Life
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Between American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy, almost half of this post is FX teasers. After the jump:
- Syfy will reboot the Brit cult sci-fi series Blake’s 7
- Fox picks up a new comedy by the Parks & Rec team
- Dwight-centric Office spinoff The Farm begins casting
- Jessica De Gouw joins The CW’s Arrow as the Huntress
- See Breaking Bad stars on old episodes of Seinfeld
- Doctor Who gets a premiere date and a new trailer
- Watch three more trailers for FX’s Sons of Anarchy
- See more creepy teasers for American Horror Story
Read More »