Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
None of these updates are all that major, but there are a lot of them so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum won’t direct Magic Mike 2 just yet
- Stephen King‘s The Shining (book) sequel gets dated
- Jude Law is totally up for more Sherlock Holmes
- Karen Allen reiterates Indy 5 is up to George Lucas
- Seth MacFarlane is “thinking about” a sequel to Ted
- Men in Black 3 and the trilogy hit Blu-ray / DVD this fall
- Rosario Dawson says Sin City 2 will shoot in November
- Super Troopers 2 hits legal trouble; Pot Quest still simmering
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
When it comes to news about sequels, you really can’t get more varied than the news you’re about to read in this column. We’ve got documentary sequel news, news on a sequel to a sequel that isn’t even out yet, news on a sequel that will likely never happen, news on a sequel to a movie that shouldn’t have a sequel and more. After the jump read about:
- Writers have been tapped to write The Smurfs 3 well over a year before The Smurfs 2 hits theaters.
- Will Smith would be interested in doing Hancock 2, but there’s no active development.
- Get your first look at the crew of Star Trek 2 as Lego characters.
- The latest installment in Michael Apted‘s Up series, 56 Up, premieres May 14.
- A new Men in Black 3 featurette focuses on the time-twisting story.
- The plot synopsis for Doctor Sleep, Stephen King‘s sequel to The Shining, is now online.
- Warner Bros. is reportedly developing a sequel to Contagion.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Stephen King has been letting a lot of juicy news tidbits slip while making book tour appearances. His latest admission is almost unbelievable. While appearing at Toronto’s Canon Theatre, King dropped the bombshell during his on stage interview with director David Cronenberg that he began working on a sequel to The Shining last summer.
That’s right… a SEQUEL to THE SHINING.
Read More »