Two films with sequels in the works might see further integration into Disney’s California theme parks later this decade. A new blog posted on MiceChat says Disney is considering revamping a huge section of Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure and theming it around Monsters Inc., which has its prequel Monsters University out this year. The biggest change would involve removing Muppet Vision 3D and replacing it with a roller coaster thrill ride inspired by the door chase at the end of Monsters Inc.
The second rumored upgrade would happen across the courtyard at the flagship park, Disneyland. The current idea is to take Tomorrowland and give it an update, that would be centered on a light cycle ride inspired by Tron, Tron Legacy and the possible Tron 3. Read more below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Innoventions at Disneyland might not be getting a full Stark Expo overhaul any time soon, but Marvel is flying in for the release of Iron Man 3. On April 13, the Tomorrowland staple at Disney’s flagship location will welcome Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries. The exhibit will feature Tony Stark’s Hall of Armors (above) from the film itself and give park visitors the oppurtunity to virutally try on the suits and even mess around in Stark’s workshop. Read more below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 by Angie Han
Harrison Ford doesn’t “even want to discuss” Star Wars, but plenty of other people do. Also after the jump:
- Fans petition the White House for National R2-D2 Day
- A Lucasfilm exec blogs about animation layoffs
- Carrie Fisher will be at Star Wars Celebration
- Ian McDiarmid wants to return as Palpatine
- The Rock is “very excited” for Episode VII
- Diane Kruger would also love to do Star Wars
- Darth Vader attacks Tokyo (Disneyland)
Read More »
The people who run Disney Parks want to know your feelings on Star Wars. A survey is going around to select Annual Pass holders and other Disney fanatics that asks the question “How interested would you be in visiting a Star Wars themed land at the Disneyland Resort?” Obviously that doesn’t mean you should book your travel just yet, but it confirms Disney is thinking about taking its new $4 billion toy out for a ride. We, unfortunately, don’t have a link to the survey itself , but we’ve got some screencaps for you to check out.
Plus, Universal Studios Hollywood will soon be offering an upgrade to their famous studio lot tram tour. The upgrade will be a VIP Experience giving attendees unpredicented access to arguably the most famous backlot in Hollywood. Read more about both of these below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you don’t have plans for the next couple of summers yet, you may be tempted to take some theme park trips after you read this post. After the jump:
- Disneyland Paris will get a Ratatouille attraction in 2014
- Check out the first model image from Shanghai Disneyland
- Disney’s Imagineers will be the subject of a new documentary
- Universal Florida‘s Transformers ride prepares for its launch
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem opens in Hollywood next year
- Stephen Chow is making a Journey to the West-themed park
Read More »
The Marvel invasion of Disney Parks has begun, but it won’t happen on this continent. No, the first Disney-owned property to get a full-fledged Marvel themed world will be Hong Kong Disneyland. There’s no timeline on when it’ll happen or how extensive it’ll be, but the news was revealed Tuesday in a conference call discussing the park’s 2013-2014 budget. That suggests construction will happen this year or next. Read more below. Read More »
There’s a lot of movie-themed news and speculation going on in the theme park world and we’ve got it all in one place. In this edition of Theme Park Bits, read about the following:
- Is Disney planning a full Star Wars land at California Adventure?
- The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Ride is getting its own TV series
- The Lord of the Rings term “Middle Earth” has been trademarked for use in an amusement park.
- An Incredibles ride could be in the works
- Development on Avatar Land is reportedly not going well.
- The Marvel-themed Stark Expo has been stalled.
- Imagineering legend Tony Baxter is leaving Disney.
Read More »
Did you hear? Disney bought LucasFilm and there’s a new Star Wars movie coming out. Yup, it’s been pretty big week on the geek front with innumerable questions, some answers and rabid speculation. However, with the movie news dominating the headlines, the theme park ramifications have been largely overlooked, specifically the fact that the blueprints for a full on Star Wars park have been available for two years.
I don’t mean just one ride either. Disney already has Star Tours and Indiana Jones. And not a full land like Harry Potter or Cars. I mean, a full on, multi-land theme park dedicated entirely to Star Wars. It’s possible, as you’re about to see.
Officially, there aren’t any plans outside of non-committal theme park expansion quotes but two years ago, way before Disney even began talking to LucasFilm, an artist named Tom Hodges did a little mockup of what Disneyland might look like if it was taken over by Star Wars. Check out the full art below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: