Posted on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Darth Vader signs up for Instagram, and posts his very first selfie. Also after the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan addresses those Episode VII rumors
- Katee Sachkoff teases big news, but it’s not Star Wars related
- David Prowse would like to see Darth Vader resurrected
- The Star Wars Identities exhibit will head to Paris next year
- Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster is going up for auction this month
- Is EA Vancouver working on an open-world Star Wars game?
- Why has Disneyland‘s Star Wars land really been delayed?
- Check out a behind-the-scenes video from Star Wars: Rebels
- Take a peek at the new Star Wars art available on Acme Direct
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There’s some potentially soul-crushing news for Disney theme park fans in the latest installment of the excellent insider column MiceAge. None of this is officially confirmed by Disney (then again, when is it?) but the latest column claims plans to turn Disneyland’s Tomorrowland in Anaheim into a more Star Wars centric world have been on hold. Similar plans in Orlando, FL have all but been cancelled.
Then there’s the rumored Monsters Inc. roller coaster that was discussed for Disney’s California Adventure. According to MiceAge, those plans have now been totally scrapped. Read some more details, and find out why, below. Read More »
Disney Imagineers seem to be having a ball figuring out ways to further integrate Star Wars into Disneyland. With seemingly every new edition of insider column, MiceAge, their ideas are reportedly altering and solidifying leading towards what tourists will eventually enjoy when they visit the Anaheim park for decades to come: a full Star Wars themed Tomorrowland.
The latest report details even more ways they’re hoping to give Tomorrowland, current home of Space Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, a Star Wars makeover. Most prominently, current attractions Innoventions and Autopia will be removed to make room for a massive, Return of the Jedi Speeder Bike thrill ride. They’re also considering a reproduction of the Millennium Falcon to be parked on the landing pad in the middle of the area people can walk though, right next to a Cantina. There’s more too, read about it below. Read More »
If you didn’t get a chance to attend the 2013 D23 Expo in Anaheim then you missed a lot of cool presentations. This is especially true if you’re a fan of the Disney theme parks. Thankfully, DisneyandMore, DatelineDisneyland and ThomasTheImagineer were able to capture a lot of the cool stuff on video for you to enjoy at home.
Read More »
Universal theme parks all over the globe have some impressive improvements happening soon, plus Disneyland reveals a brand new stage show. Read about the following in this edition of Theme Park Bits.
- Universal Orlando is expanding its Springfield area around The Simpsons Ride with several iconic locations.
- Another Universal Studio location will let you actually shoot zombies, as in Resident Evil.
- Interactive, talking Transformers Optimus Prime and Megatron are now at Universal Hollywood.
- Watch the full video of the brand new Disneyland stage show, Mickey and the Magical Map.
Read More »
Two films with sequels in the works might see further integration into Disney’s California theme parks later this decade. A new blog posted on MiceChat says Disney is considering revamping a huge section of Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure and theming it around Monsters Inc., which has its prequel Monsters University out this year. The biggest change would involve removing Muppet Vision 3D and replacing it with a roller coaster thrill ride inspired by the door chase at the end of Monsters Inc.
The second rumored upgrade would happen across the courtyard at the flagship park, Disneyland. The current idea is to take Tomorrowland and give it an update, that would be centered on a light cycle ride inspired by Tron, Tron Legacy and the possible Tron 3. Read more below. Read More »
Innoventions at Disneyland might not be getting a full Stark Expo overhaul any time soon, but Marvel is flying in for the release of Iron Man 3. On April 13, the Tomorrowland staple at Disney’s flagship location will welcome Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries. The exhibit will feature Tony Stark’s Hall of Armors (above) from the film itself and give park visitors the oppurtunity to virutally try on the suits and even mess around in Stark’s workshop. Read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 by Angie Han
Harrison Ford doesn’t “even want to discuss” Star Wars, but plenty of other people do. Also after the jump:
- Fans petition the White House for National R2-D2 Day
- A Lucasfilm exec blogs about animation layoffs
- Carrie Fisher will be at Star Wars Celebration
- Ian McDiarmid wants to return as Palpatine
- The Rock is “very excited” for Episode VII
- Diane Kruger would also love to do Star Wars
- Darth Vader attacks Tokyo (Disneyland)
Read More »