The slow but steady integration of Star Wars into the world of Disney continues. Television was first with Star Wars Rebels, movies are on the way like The Force Awakens, theme parks will be later and video games are next. The first new Star Wars console game is an integration into Disney’s already popular Disney Infinity series, which was announced earlier this month. Now several new images from the prequel themed playset, Twilight of the Republic, have been revealed along with new images of the figures. Check out all the new Star Wars Disney Infinity images below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Bits is back with a good hodgepodge of the past, present and future. Below, read about the following:
- The Star Wars Episode VIII script makes the cover of Wired, along with George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson.
- See a new photo of Oscar Isaac dressed as Poe Dameron.
- Hasbro officially announced a Star Wars panel for San Diego Comic-Con.
- More of the Michael Arndt controversy is described in the Vanity Fair Star Wars article.
- You’ll see Star Wars Battlefront gameplay at E3, but you can see Disney Infinity gameplay now.
- The costume designer of The Force Awakens talks redesigning Stormtroopers and dressing Luke, Leia and Han.
Read More »
Dozens of Walt Disney’s trademark characters have already become part of Disney Infinity, the open-world, figure-based video game from The House of Mouse. Mostly the game has focused on Pixar characters from Cars, Toy Story The Incredibles and Monsters Inc., as well as Walt Disney Animation hits Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph. But things have gotten really interesting for the game lately with Marvel heroes entering the mix. But things are about to get even bigger with the arrival of Disney Infinity Star Wars. Hit the jump to watch the first Disney Infinity Star Wars trailer. Read More »
There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
The Force is strong with the stars of Episode VII as the film has once again begun shooting, but that’s not all that’s happening in the world of Star Wars. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII has begun filming once again.
- Is Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta‘s Spin-Off Movie about Yoda?
- Possible confirmation of that Episode VII Stormtrooper helmet.
- Watch a video of the Star Wars Rebels timeline.
- Executives hint that Star Wars characters are coming to Disney Infinity.
- Dave Filoni discusses the use of music and creation of character in Star Wars Rebels.
- Get a sneak peak at the Jakks Pacific toys for Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
No company has even close to the character roster Disney has. In addition to their original characters, theme park characters, animated movie characters and Pixar characters they now own all the Marvel characters and Lucasfilm characters. But how to get each of those universes into one video game? Enter Disney Infinity, a genius idea where users can buy collectable statues of characters which make that character playable in a unique, free-roaming video game world. The first version of the game was released in 2013 and became an instant success.
That first iteration of the game only used Disney characters but a 2.0 version of Infinity has just been revealed which will tie in Marvel’s characters. Below, check out the first trailer and images of Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes. Read More »
A couple cool video game/movie tie ins are flying around the news, so it was time for an edition of Video Game Bits.
With The Raid 2 hitting theaters everywhere this week, a retro-style online fighting game is making the rounds allowing you to kick ass, Rama style. Second, a new video teases Marvel superheroes like The Avengers are coming to the popular video game/toy collecting trend, Disney Infinity. And finally, a crowdfunded project called Megafoot, which is for a movie that’ll pit Bigfoot against a cyborg version of himself, has released a unique and awesome perk where contributors can get an exclusive 8-bit Nintendo cartridge tied into the movie. Read about all of this below. Read More »
There was actual Star Wars movie news Tuesday when a Disney shareholders letter revealed Star Wars Rebels would debut with a full length movie. However, that wasn’t the only interesting thing in the document. Below, read about another huge piece of information and more.
- Disney thinks they have 40 years worth of content thanks to Star Wars.
- Watch a trailer for the new free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion.
- One location proposal for a George Lucas museum has been rejected.
- Star Wars characters might be coming to Disney Infinity.
- A familiar face holding the number “7” graces the cover of an international movie magazine.
- Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
The White House’s statement regarding the Death Star petition was nothing if not good-humored, but it seems the administration would prefer not to waste their time on such frivolous requests going forward. (Imagine that!) Whereas the Death Star proposal needed only 25,000 signatures to merit a response, the threshold for getting an official White House response has now been raised to 100,000 signatures.
As of right now, only one active petition — to recognize the Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group — is past that mark. If we know the Internet, though, even the 100K line should be no problem for the next geek who wants to, say, raise funds for Hoth exploration. [Mediaite]
After the jump, read about Once Upon a Time‘s Star Wars not-quite-crossover, Disney Infinity‘s potential plans for Star Wars and Marvel, and how much Samuel L. Jackson still really wants to return for Episode VII.
Read More »