Casting, spoilers and some first looks abound in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump check out the following:
- Is Jimmy Fallon the lead contender to replace Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- Some potential spoilers for Homeland season 3 have been teased.
- Star of The OC Adam Brody joins the cast of House of Lies.
- History is developing a Hatfields and McCoys reality show.
- When do your favorite Fox shows like Glee, The Mindy Project and New Girl return?
- NBC orders new episodes of Whitney.
- The classic tale of Zorro is getting a modern reimagining on USA called Z.
- The stars of Dexter tease some possibly season 8 scenarios.
- A first look at the second season stars of Smash.
- Bernard from Lost, Sam Anderson, joins the next season of Justified.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Tons and tons of cool TV news in the past few days, after the jump read about the following:
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog is coming to The CW on October 9.
- Producer Greg Berlanti is developing a modern take on Wuthering Heights called Napa.
- Julian Fellowes has an idea for a prequel to Downton Abbey.
- Nick Hornby’s book About A Boy was already a movie and now might become a TV series.
- Watch the full season premieres of Dexter and Homeland online right now.
- Patton Oswalt has joined the fourth season of Justified.
- AMC released the first of 4 webisodes to get your ready for season 3 of The Walking Dead.
- Boardwalk Empire has just been renewed for a fourth season.
- The MTV Movie Awards will now be in April.
- Cinemax’s Strike Back will be back for a third season.
Read More »
The brand new Bottleneck Gallery in Brooklyn, NY kicked off with a bang earlier this month with a show focusing on your favorite cable TV shows. Art focused on shows like The Sopranos, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Weeds and many others adhere the walls of the gallery through this weekend and, to go out with a bang, they’re releasing one more piece.
/Film is proud to exclusively reveal The Dark Passenger, a gorgeous metallic screenprint by Todd Slater inspired by the hit Showtime show Dexter. The seventh season of the show premieres on Sunday and that’s when fans online will have a chance to grab it. Check out the full image and more after the jump. Read More »
Even movie fans would agree some of the best entertainment made during the past two decades has been on premium cable. Whether it’s HBO shows like The Sopranos, The Wire, Sex and the City and Game of Thrones or Showtime shows like Dexter, Weeds and Homeland, movies are regularaly getting schooled by TV in terms of character, story and scope. Plus, even if you love a movie, it’s only two hours. A great TV show can be hundreds.
And while we’re all very used to seeing art inspired by movies, art inspired by TV always elicits a slightly more excited response which is why the brand new Bottleneck Gallery in Brooklyn, NY has picked premium TV for its first exhibit. More Than You Imagined: Art Inspired By Premium Cable opens September 7 and features work by Mark Englert, Kevin Ang, Brandon Schaefer, Joshua Budich, Tim Doyle and many others.
After the jump, check out a huge gallery of work from shows like all the ones mentioned above as well as The Kids in the Hall, Flight of the Conchords, Tales from the Crypt, Boardwalk Empire, Party Down and others, plus find out how you can see it yourself and see how you can buy a print for charity too. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 by Angie Han
There may not be a whole lot to watch on TV right now, but there’s plenty to watch in TV Bits. After the jump:
- Neil Marshall will direct Michael Bay‘s pirate drama Black Sails
- John Boyd and Dileep Rao join Kiefer Sutherland in Touch
- The Walking Dead will kill off another series regular in Season 3
- Charlie Sheen‘s Anger Management gets 90 more eps. Sigh
- Watch Showtime’s animated prequel mini-web-series for Dexter
- NBC’s The New Normal hits the web a couple weeks early
- Fox unveils more teasers for Fringe‘s fifth and final season
- American Horror Story spills plot details; watch more teasers
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
As August inches to an end, the days of having nothing to watch on TV (well — nothing but Breaking Bad) are about to come to an end. After the jump:
- Game of Thrones casts Daario Naharis and Grey Worm
- Malcolm McDowell will teach History 101 at Greendale
- Michael J. Fox‘s new sitcom lands at NBC for Fall 2013
- New Dexter promo image says he’ll try not to kill Debra
- Elderly matriarchs bicker in new Downton Abbey clips
- Watch another American Horror Story Season 2 teaser
- Jax and Clay chat in the Sons of Anarchy Season 5 trailer
- A picnic day takes a bad turn in the new teaser for Fringe
- Speaking of which, John Noble is back to work on Fringe
Read More »
Television has already begun to take over most movies in terms of quality and now it seems like they’re trying to take over the way films are marketed to. Trailers for upcoming seasons of TV are becoming the norm and four new ones have recently come online.
After the jump check out the trailers for the second seasons of American Horror Story: Asylum and Showtime’s hit Homeland, the seventh season of the award-winning Dexter and fourth season of the singing sensation Glee. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, August 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Happy Monday, everyone. After the jump:
- Fox will host screenings and Q&As of their new shows
- Peter Berg and NBC will explore supervillain underlings
- Dexter sheds a bit of blood in a new poster for Season 7
- Walking Dead deleted scene shows what might’ve been
- Take a peek at Cinemax’s new Transporter TV series
Read More »