Nearly a decade after The Chronicles of Riddick, our favorite Furian warrior is finally charging back onto screens this fall with Riddick. Star Vin Diesel revealed the first peek at the new adventure a couple months back, by way of a 22-second teaser, but now there’s a meatier full-length trailer to sink our teeth into. Check it out, along with a new teaser poster and images, after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, March 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
It took Vin Diesel and David Twohy years to get their third Chronicles of Riddick movie off the ground, but their perseverance has paid off. As of today, we’re just months away from the release of Riddick, which sees the titular hero stranded on an apparently abandoned planet with bounty hunters clamoring for his head. The first trailer has just hit the web, and you can check it out after the jump.
One thing’s for sure about Benedict Cumberbatch‘s “John Harrison”: He definitely has the evil villain voice down. No wonder Paramount is using his “you think your world is safe…” line for everything from TV promos to motion posters. Also after the jump:
- Jessica Alba didn’t think a Sin City sequel would happen
- Director David Twohy is pleased about Riddick‘s R rating
- Guillermo del Toro is already working on Pacific Rim 2
- Rupert Wyatt reveals the real (if vague) reason he left Apes
- Find out how to be an extra on Apes and/or Anchorman 2
- Zachary Quinto talks tackling the iconic character of Spock
- Star Trek Into Darkness reveals some nice high-res pics
Sequel Bits: ‘Bond 24,’ ‘Star Trek Into Darkness,’ ‘The Expendables 3,’ ‘The Fast and the Furious 6,’ and ‘Riddick’
Posted on Monday, November 19th, 2012 by Russ Fischer
How easy is it to walk away from a franchise after delivering its biggest-ever success, especially when the span of the series covers fifty years? Director Sam Mendes has waffled on the idea of doing another Bond, at first suggesting that he wouldn’t do a second Bond movie prior to the release of Skyfall, and slowly seeming more open to it. Now that the film is a monster success, is he rethinking?
We know that Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have worked on Bond films since The World is Not Enough, won’t be back for Bond 24, and that Skyfall writer John Logan has been hired to draft the 24th and 25th films in the series. But Wade also says that the story idea for Bond 24 comes from Logan and Mendes… so is there a chance that Mendes will returns after all? Probably too soon to say, but here’s what Wade had to say in a press release confirming his and Purvis’ departure from the series:
We’re very happy to have done five Bond movies, I think we’ve gotten it to a good place. I know that John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time.
We probably won’t get any confirmation of the talent set for Bond 24 for a while, but at least we might have real info on that movie sooner than we do for the new Star Wars film.
More sequel news is after the break, including:
- Star Trek Into Darkness will feature native IMAX film footage post-converted to 3D,
- Zachary Quinto addresses rumors that the Trek sequel is his last,
- Sylvester Stallone offers possible plots for The Expendables 3,
- Vin Diesel delivers a couple new The Fast and the Furious 6 shots,
- David Twohy debuts the Riddick logo and a look at Karl Urban in the film,
- and new toys show off a couple new Monsters University characters.
Sequel Bits: ‘Riddick,’ ‘Skyfall,’ ‘The Expendables 2,’ ‘Captain America 2,’ and a Dream of ‘Blade Runner’
Posted on Friday, June 29th, 2012 by Russ Fischer
That’s a new still from Riddick, above, which was recently shared by Vin Diesel. In addition to that, this Sequel Bits features the following stories:
- Casino Royale title designer comes back to open Skyfall
- Sly Stallone gets happy in a clip from The Expendables 2
- Captain America 2 may follow Iron Man 3 to North Carolina
- and Katy Perry wants to be one of Ridley Scott’s replicants.
Sequel Bits: Michelle Rodriguez Returns For ‘Machete Kills,’ Vin Diesel Teases More ‘Riddick,’ Plus ‘Wrong Turn 5’, ‘Treasure Island 2′
Posted on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 by Russ Fischer
There’s a lot of sequel casting and development to report today, and so after the break you’ll find:
- Michelle Rodriguez will return for Machete Kills and Fast and Furious 6
- Vin Diesel is teasing further Riddick sequel news
- Steve Coogan is cast in Despicable Me 2
- Eddie Izzard suggests there could be more Treasure Island in his future
- Eva Green talks about her role in the 300 prequel
- Wrong Turn 5 begins shooting
Posted on Monday, March 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got some quick hits on the sci-fi action-adventure sequel front today, including:
- Bruce Boxleitner’s prediction on when TRON 3 will get going
- Vin Diesel’s snapshots from the Riddick set
- Sony’s just announced release date for the Robocop remake
It’s been a long eight years for fans of David Twohy and Vin Diesel‘s Riddick saga, but after numerous stops and starts, the third installment is coming together at last. Universal Studios has issued a press release announcing the start of principal photography in Montreal on the new sci-fi thriller, a follow-up to 2000′s Pitch Black and 2004′s The Chronicles of Riddick — and in the process, offered up some new crumbs of information about the film’s plotline and casting. Read more after the jump.