The digital streaming revolution of Amazon and Netflix was expected to combat Hollywood’s sequel/reboot/adaptation overload with new original and interesting tv shows and films. And while that has happened for the most part, we must remember that when a big Hollywood studio is behind it we’ll eventually get more of the same. So it should be no surprise that the Sony-owned digital streaming service Crackle is getting into the game announcing a movie sequel — but was it a sequel anyone was even asking for?
Crackle has announced that they have signed David Spade to reprise his role as Joe Dirt in the yet-to-be-subtitled sequel Joe Dirt 2. The announcement comes a week after Happy Madison (also involved in Dirt 2) announced a deal with Netflix which would see four Adam Sandler original films on the streaming service.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Treble comes for the Barden Bellas again as Adam DeVine joins the Pitch Perfect sequel. Also after the jump:
- Will Mothra make an appearance in Godzilla 2?
- David Spade would like to bring you Joe Dirt 2
- Now You See Me 2 will shoot later this year, probably
- The Smurfs reboot gets pushed back a year
- Hear Jon Snow in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 clip
- Check out the trailer for the Rurouni Kenshin sequels
- Transformers: Age of Extinction gets a Chevy commercial
- See pics from the making of the Transformers soundtrack
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
The summer schedule is chock full of sequels we’re dying, or at least very curious to see. This weekend alone has Fast & Furious 6 going up against Before Midnight, for example. Monsters University and The Wolverine are due out in the following months. And so on.
Today, however, we have a trailer for what may be the least-anticipated follow-up of the season. (Least-anticipated by the hardcore movie crowd, that is.) Grown Ups 2 reunites Adam Sandler, David Spade, Kevin James, and Chris Rock in their hometown for still more hilarious shenanigans. The film also brings some fresh blood into the mix, in the form of Taylor Lautner, Patrick Schwarzenegger, and Shaquille O’Neil. Watch the video after the jump.
Read More »
Grown Ups is one of the movies from the past few years that many people love to hate — even those people who haven’t seen it. (Confession: I have not seen Grown Ups.) Presented below, mostly without comment, is the trailer for Grown Ups 2, in which Adam Sandler and Salma Hayek move out of LA and back to their home town. Soon they’re joined by much of the rest of the cast from the first film, and if this trailer is any indication, the hijinks that ensue are wacky.
And keep an eye out for Taylor Lautner, doing comedy on purpose. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Thanks to recent films like Jack and Jill and That’s My Boy!, Adam Sandler has taken prominence as the biggest critical comedic punching bag. So when some people see that he’s voicing Dracula in Hotel Transylvania, I’m sure there will be some automatic dismissals of the film.
But while Hotel Transylvania reunites Sandler and his That’s My Boy! co-star Andy Samberg, the film is also from Genndy Taratkovsky, the animation director behind such fare as Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, and Star Wars: Clone Wars. His sensibilities are often great, and his touch is all over this new trailer. And while Hotel Transylvania is pretty silly, it is also a film expressly for kids. (As opposed to Sandler’s other recent adult-skewing material.) So I’m ready to give it a shot. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
Now that G.I. Joe: Retaliation is no longer opening next month, thanks to a late-in-the-game decision to post-convert it to 3D, we’ve got another ten months to keep talking about it. After the jump, read director Jon Chu‘s earlier comments on the decision to shoot in 2D. Also:
- Get a look at Shaquille O’Neal on the Grown Ups 2 set
- Passion of the Christ sorta-prequel Mary Mother of Christ gets a director
- Star Trek 2 is heading to Iceland for second unit shooting
- Jonathan Frakes talks about his visit to the Star Trek set
- Uncharted actor Nolan North will be in Trek 2, but chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen won’t
Read More »