Posted on Saturday, July 27th, 2013 by Angie Han
The ongoing Star Wars Celebration Europe II gathering in Messe Essen, Germany, has yielded some new details about Star Wars Episode VII, including the confirmation that John Williams would return to provide the score. But wasn’t the only new project discussed at the event.
Animator Dave Filoni took the stage to for a panel about Star Wars Rebels, the animated Disney XD series scheduled to premiere next year. We first got wind of the project back in May. This weekend, Filoni was able to share some new details and imagery from the show, including the new logo and a couple bits of concept art. Hit the jump to check it all out.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots of Star Wars fans, including J.J. Abrams himself, have sat down to talk about their confidence in Star Wars Episode VII. Those statements, possible video games, and more are all in today’s Star Wars Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams is focusing on Star Wars Episode VII, not any spin-off films.
- Simon Pegg has some ideas on how J.J. Abrams can reinvigorate Star Wars.
- Damon Lindelof would love to write a Star Wars film.
- Leonardo DiCaprio is super excited for Star Wars Episode VII and could be interested in appearing.
- Has a glimpse of a new Star Wars animated series been revealed?
- Disney CEO Bob Iger suggests more Star Wars is coming to theme parks and television.
- Star Tours opens at Disneyland Tokyo
- Lucasfilm registers domain names hinting at Gungan and Wookie themed video games and more.
Read More »
When Disney shut down the Lucasfilm gaming division Lucasarts, the fans wondered about the fate of Star Wars 1313. The third person game, for which we’d seen gorgeous trailers, has been indefinitely postponed thanks to the corporate decision. If that wasn’t bad enough, turns out that in recent months it had been altered to star not a random character, but Boba Fett himself. Star Wars 1313 was going to be a Boba Fett game.
Below, read more about that as well as the following Star Wars Bits:
- Disney’s axe at Lucasfilm continues to swing, this time affecting many jobs at Industrial Light and Magic.
- Dave Filoni, former director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, has been asked to develop a new Star Wars animated series.
- Read a bunch of additional details about The Star Wars, George Lucas‘ original script that will soon be a Dark Horse Comic.
- The source codes to two popular Star Wars games are now available online.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
Jedi may be more comfortable swinging lightsabers than baseball bats, but Mickey-as-Obi-Wan seems to hold his own just fine against the Atlanta Braves in spring training. Check out the photographic evidence after the jump. Also:
- Harrison Ford is pretty sure he’ll be in Episode VII
- Rumor has it a Palpatine follower is Episode VII‘s villain
- Here’s what Brad Bird would change about Episode VI
- Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?
- Dwayne Johnson would “absolutely” do Star Wars
- Vote for the best character in StarWars.com‘s bracket
- Disney World’s Star Wars Weekends unveils a new poster
- Could Disney World get a new Star Wars-themed “land”?
- See new screencaps from Star Wars: First Assault
- Clone Wars director Dave Filoni is working with Disney Channel
Read More »