Before the weekend, a new trailer for the midseason return of Star Wars Rebels teased some pretty big moments on the way for the crew of the Ghost, including a surprising connection to a certain villain’s unique lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Now showrunner Dave Filoni has opened up just a little bit about some of the big teases in that trailer, including what appears to be the return of another villain from the past other than Darth Vader.
Check out the Star Wars Rebels trailer breakdown after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Today’s edition of Star Wars Bits is jam-packed with galactic-sized goodness, so we don’t even time for a proper introduction. We don’t! Honest! We really just need to dive into the details as fast as possible and not waste time at the top here. Cool? Cool. Okay, here’s what you’ll find contained within:
- Princess Leia arrives on the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega teases a dark future for Finn.
- J.J. Abrams has advice for the young Han Solo actor.
- A glimpse of a Rogue One: A Star Wars Story X-Wing.
- Jabba the Hutt may return in a future Star Wars movie.
- A Kickstarter-funded Star Wars documentary has found a distributor.
- Benicio del Toro chats about Star Wars: Episode 8 and his villainous role.
- A fascinating interview with the man who played Jar Jar Binks.
- Take a look at every type of lightsaber out there.
Read More »
It has been a long time since that last Star Wars Bits, but Force Friday week has resulted in a lot of front page stand alone Star Wars stories that I’m not sure that you mind. Here is what you can find in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- JJ Abrams talks about subduing his inner fanboy to make Force Awakens.
- How John Boyega first met JJ Abrams.
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens character promo posters revealed in the Topps’ Star Wars Card Trader app.
- A preview of Star Wars: Shattered Empire, the comic book series which will fill the gap between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Rebels director Dave Filoni discusses season two.
- A new Star Wars Rebels season 2 clip.
- How the BB-8 Sphero robotic toy was created.
- The real Damerons go to Force Friday.
- Puppies Test The New Star Wars BB-8 Droid Toy
- Why Force Friday Was A Disaster For Many Star Wars Fans
- 80% Off Select Star Wars trade paperbacks and graphic novels this weekend.
- The header image: why aren’t the Han Solo In Carbonite Pop-Tarts a real thing?
All this and more, after the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
I want to learn the ways of the Star Wars Bits and become a Jedi Knight like my father. Here’s what we have in today’s round up of news from a galaxy far, far away
- Release date for Star Wars Rebels Season One on Blu-Ray and DVD
- The Force Awakens novelization author talks adapting the movie
- Dave Filoni on Sabine’s new look in Star Wars Rebels
- You choose the next Star Wars Black Series figure!
- The Force Awakens promo banner appears with First Order Stormtrooper
- Rumors of The Force Awakens locations being reused for Episode VIII
- Lucasfilm clarifies chronology of The Clone Wars Legacy conent
- Star Wars Battlefront puts a focus on multiplayer gameplay
- Rumors on who Rey’s parents may or may not be
Read More »
The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere, The Siege of Lothal, will premiere on June 20. And you do not want to miss it. In an instant, the stakes on the Disney XD show are shot through the roof. However, when I spoke with the show’s executive producer Dave Filoni at Star Wars Celebration, I didn’t yet know that. We had just seen the epic season 2 trailer and I knew the notoriously cagey producer wasn’t going to spoil anything. So, instead, I looked ahead to season to and back to season 1. What did I want to know as a Star Wars fan after watching that amazing series and that awesome trailer?
In our interview, Filoni talks about the shadow Darth Vader will have over the upcoming season of the show. He talks about the weight of holding back secrets, Ezra’s lightsaber, as well as how the Rebellion will develop this season and the reintroduction of some iconic ships. Below, read our full season 2 Dave Filoni Star Wars Rebels interview from Star Wars Celebration. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Since the inception of Star Wars Rebels, everyone’s been acting under one assumption. That assumption is the show would only take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But when you start thinking about films like Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, we start to wonder. Why does the show have to stop there? The Skywalker story isn’t the only thing happening with the Rebel Alliance. Why couldn’t the Rebels cross over, not only with Rogue One, which is set in the same period, but maybe even into A New Hope and beyond?
The answer to those questions is: it could happen. This is according to Rebels producers Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni. We spoke with each at Star Wars Celebration and they said the show is not beholden to any timeline, there could be crossover with the films on the animated show itself, and there’s even a possibility the characters could show up in live action.
Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it sure does open up a pandora box’s of Star Wars possibilities. Below, read the quotes from Kinberg and Filoni on a potential Star Wars Rebels movie crossover. Read More »
Just when everyone was busy talking or bitching about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the Star Wars Rebels team jumped on board with a strange design of their own. They introduced Ezra’s lightsaber, which looks like a staple gun and combines a blaster with a lightsaber. Because it wasn’t in theaters, this unique new Star Wars weapon didn’t creator the fervor of its cross-guarded counterpart, but it was still a radical departure from what Star Wars fans expect from the series’ elegant weapons.
At Star Wars Celebration, we spoke with Rebels producer Dave Filoni and since he wasn’t giving up many details on season 2, we asked about Ezra’s saber. Where did the idea come from? How was it designed? What was the purpose and was it hard getting it approved by the Lucasfilm Story Group? Read everything Filoni had to say about the Ezra lightsaber below. Read More »
Star Wars Rebels dominates this edition of Star Wars Bits, but there’s others great stuff in here too. Below, read about the following:
- Concept art from Star Wars Rebels season 2 makes its way online.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni talks the finale’s mysteries and revelations.
- See two new toys based on the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Fans have begun making merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ian McDiarmid is coming to Star Wars Celebration and more revelations.
- Her Universe is offering up some cool new Star Wars merch.
- Read a theory about how the Inquisitor fits into Star Wars Rebels past and future.
- Part 3 of Dave Filoni’s interview with StarWars.com is now online.
- A Lego Star Wars Rebels short film features the TIE Advance Prototype.
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage could be coming soon.
- Clone Wars voice star Sam Witwer could be returning to Rebels.
- Watch a video with five Star Wars Stand Alone films that should happen.
- Possible spoilers about Princess Leia‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
Read More »
Netflix and Nintendo are at work potentially developing a TV series based on The Legend of Zelda. The news broke last week and got video game fans salivating. Sure there was a short lived Zelda TV show many years ago, but a Nintendo property hasn’t been adapted into a big budget, live-action…well…anything since the early Nineties. And The Legend of Zelda has long been at the top of fan’s wish lists for a new show of movie.
But what is the show going to be? All we know at the moment is Nintendo and Netflix want a family friendly show with the aesthetic of Game of Thrones. Okay, but how old will Link be? Zelda? Which will be the main character? Is Ganon the bad guy? What story will they use? At this point, without a script or showrunner, all options are likely on the table.
Since most of The Legend of Zelda games are about younger characters, that how we went with our casting wishlist. We tried to pick actors who, for the most part, aren’t super famous but are age appropriate. Actors both in the box and way outside it. The resulting list features lots of people who you may or may not have heard of, but you wouldn’t be surprised to hear were cast on a Netflix show. That’s not to say we didn’t stretch here or there.
So below, we’ve got our own Legend of Zelda Netflix casting wishlist for Link, Zelda, Ganon and then a writer/showrunner/director type. Check it out. Read More »