After Dan Harmon was canned from Community but before he was re-hired for Community, he went to work on an animated series for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. Harmon and Justin Roiland (Fish Hooks, and who also voices Morty) created Rick and Morty, a show about the crazed life of “a sociopathic scientist who drags his unintelligent grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe.” All of which sounds, well, pretty great.
The TV premiere is in a few days, but you can watch the first episode online right now. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, October 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Briefly: The New Year will bring with it a return to Greendale. NBC has set Community to return on January 2, 2014, with back-to-back episodes starting at 8:00 PM. It’ll remain at the top of the hour the following week, while Parks & Recreation will take over the 8:30 PM starting on January 9.
Community is entering its fifth season, which isn’t bad for a show that seemed doomed for “brilliant-but-cancelled” status from the moment it arrived. The new season marks the return of series creator Dan Harmon, who was fired before Season 4. It’ll also be the first without Chevy Chase, who left near the end of last season, and the last for Donald Glover, who’ll only appear in five episodes. [EW]
Posted on Thursday, July 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
/Film didn’t get a chance to cover the Community Hall H panel at this year’s Comic-Con, sadly, but you can enjoy what we missed thanks to the power of the Internet.
A video of the entire event, from Dan Harmon‘s Iron Man-inspired intro to the final round of applause, has made its way online. Executive producer Chris McKenna and stars Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Ken Jeong, Danny Pudi, and Jim Rash were also along for the ride. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
I suppose 32-year-old Ben Savage is technically old enough to have a 13-year-old daughter, but it still feels weird to see him playing the proud dad instead of the confused kid on Girl Meets World, doesn’t it? Also after the jump:
- Darren Aronofsky and HBO ditch Michael Chabon‘s Hobgoblin
- FX’s The Strain adds John Hurt; Liv Tyler is one of HBO’s Leftovers
- Guillermo del Toro has guest directed something on The Simpsons
- Juan Antonio Bayona will direct Sam Mendes‘ Penny Dreadful
- Channing Tatum will produce a show by Pete from Happy Endings
- Almost all of CBS‘s shows will premiere the week of September 22
- Netflix will return to Eli Roth‘s Hemlock Grove for a second season
- Charlie Sheen gets Selma Blair fired from Anger Management
- Dan Harmon is sorry he said those mean things about Community Season 4
- Girl Meets World is a go; see proud parents Cory and Topanga in new pics
- Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan are Masters of Sex in a new trailer
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Game of Thrones has ended for the year, but its shadow continues to loom large. After the jump:
- Portlandia will return for two more seasons
- What happens of Game of Thrones catches up to the books?
- A Sons of Anarchy prequel is still a long ways away
- Dan Harmon closes his Community Season 5 deal
- Harry Potter‘s Tom Felton will bring his sneer to TNT
- Frank Darabont finds his Mickey Cohen for Lost Angels
- Under the Dome plucks a star from The Following
- Veronica Mars adds a bunch of fan favorites, and also Piz
- Watch a trailer for the upcoming fourth season of Luther
- Starz’s The White Queen tries to fill the Game of Thrones gap
- HBO offers new trailers for a bunch of their non-GOT shows
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Sony is apparently eager to hear what Dan Harmon has to say about Community‘s fourth season. Also after the jump:
- Peek at a DVD-only scene from Breaking Bad
- NBC renews Hannibal
- USA doesn’t want Happy Endings
- Revenge and Suburgatory lose stars
- Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who
- Dominic West and Judy Greer book new roles
- Girls adds a boy
- Peek at Falling Skies‘ new poster
- The Newsroom gets another trailer
Read More »
There’s no business quite like show business when it comes to people flip-flopping between friendship and antagonism. (Or the business versions thereof.) Community creator Dan Harmon was often famously at odds with the exec staff at Sony Television over his three-season run on the show. After his ouster, David Guarascio and Moses Port were brought on to keep Community going, but while the fourth season kept some people watching, it was deemed to be less than what it was with Harmon’s inspired brand of madness powering the comedy.
So, during the fourth season, NBC had a not all that highly rated comedy that wasn’t even a critical darling any longer. All told, the 13-episode fourth season had the lowest viewership of the show’s run.
And so the powers that be have turned back to Harmon. He, along with former writer and exec producer Chris McKenna, are making deals to return for the fifth season. Harmon’s return was rumored a week ago, and now he has confirmed it. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Dave, Devindra, and Laremy (author of Film Critic) discuss some great new films screening at SIFF, muse on the greatness of Linklater’s Before franchise, and wonder which timeline Community season 4 came from. Be sure to check out Rachel Sklar’s piece on Afternoon Delight, Nick Schager’s take on M. Night’s absence, and Laremy Legel’s review of After Earth.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Also, like us on Facebook!
Read More »