This Let’s Be Cops red-band trailer makes the film out to be more of a comedy sketch than a movie. Here we see two friends, played by Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson, guys who have stalled out in their early ’30s, at a loss for outfits for a costume party. They dress as cops, and then find that they really like when people assume they really are cops. Especially when those “people” are women who might want to have sex with them, or children that can be intimidated.
And that… pretty much seems to be the movie. Sure, there’s probably also a life lesson or two and maybe something about personal growth. But this red-band trailer is all about the joke concept and nothing else. At least Keegan Michael Key shows up. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s a weirdly good time for ’90s kids, as Uncle Jesse and Carmen Sandiego plot their returns. After the jump:
- Uncle Jesse’s band from Full House will reunite
- The elusive Carmen Sandiego may return to PBS
- American Dad is moving from Fox to TBS
- James Franco will drop by The Mindy Project
- Damon Wayans Jr. is returning to New Girl
- Ray Donovan and True Blood get renewed
- Here’s who’ll direct Game of Thrones next season
- Check out a new trailer for Boardwalk Empire
- Breaking Bad teasers and stills show lots of glares
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
AMC’s keeping their fingers crossed that The Walking Dead will never, ever end. Also after the jump:
- Ricky Gervais‘ Derek comes to Netflix this fall
- ABC reveals plans to finish 666 Park Ave and Apt. 23
- Will Damon Wayans Jr. return to New Girl?
- Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain adds a Twilight star
- Emma Roberts boards American Horror Story
- Homeland gets some fresh faces
- First pics from Bonnie & Clyde revealed
- See teasers for Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, and Clear History
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 by Angie Han
The most exciting and most stressful part of any fall premiere season is sifting through all the brand-new pilots, so it helps to get started early if you can. Like right now, even. Fox has just released the pilot for one of its most highly anticipated new shows, New Girl, on iTunes, two whole weeks early. The episode will also hit Hulu and Fox.com well in advance of its official September 20 premiere date.
The half-hour comedy revolves around Jess (Zooey Deschanel at her Zooey Deschanel-iest), who finds herself moving in with three guys in the aftermath of a bad breakup. Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield (Officer Leo from Veronica Mars!), and Damon Wayans, Jr. star in the pilot as her new roommates. (Lamorne Morris will replace Wayans in subsequent episodes; Wayans left New Girl after his adorable but underwatched Happy Endings was unexpectedly picked up for a second season.) Hannah Simone rounds out the cast as Jess’ best friend, who’s street smart and cynical where Jess is naive and endlessly positive. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Filming on The Other Guys, the ’10 cop comedy from writer/director Adam McKay (Step Brothers, Anchorman) rolls this month in New York, and today sees three new additions to the cast. Formerly entitled The B Team, I’m curious to see what McKay has up his twisted sleeve, because the buddy-cop formula isn’t just asthmatic, it’s cliche to the point of surreality, and he’ll also have Hot Fuzz to contend with.
Read More »