Posted on Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Katniss aims her bow squarely at the “real enemy” in the latest The Hunger Games: Catching Fire poster. Also after the jump:
- The first Transformers trailer will hit early next year
- Divergent sequel Allegiant accidentally ships early
- Jude Law says Sherlock Holmes 3 is still happening
- Jeff Goldblum is being all coy about Jurassic World
- Jennifer Tilly discusses her Curse of Chucky cameo
- Alex Kurtzman talks Star Trek Into Darkness
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
You know how we’ve all been clamoring for a Showgirls sequel? Well, too bad, because we’re getting one anyway. Kind of. Also after the jump:
- Watch a clip from the direct-to-DVD sequel Curse of Chucky
- Paul Greengrass confirms that he has not signed on for more Bourne
- Lady Gaga will drop by Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Pretty girls and scary weapons abound in new Machete Kills pics
- See two new stills from the Rurouni Kenshin sequels landing next summer
- Kelsey Grammer chats Transformers 4, and a new set video surfaces
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Given Po’s Asian roots, it seems appropriate that his next stop will be Universal Studios Singapore. Themeparx (via Disney and More) has heard from multiple sources that the “new family attraction” promised at the park will be a Kung Fu Panda ride. It will be situated between the Shrek-based Far Far Away land and the the Waterworld live show, near the Jurassic Park Lost World area.
Currently, there are multiple plans in motion for Kung Fu Panda-inspired attractions at parks around the world, including ones in New Jersey, Russia, and China. Additionally, Dreamworld in Australia has a themed area called Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness. There’s no word yet on when the Singapore ride will open.
After the jump, get the details on the Chucky and The Purge scare zones coming to Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
The original Child’s Play in 1988 sent a whole generation of kids running away screaming from their My Buddy dolls. But the series has taken a turn for the comedic in more recent years, with 1998′s Bride of Chucky and 2004′s Seed of Chucky. Now the franchise is returning to its scary roots with the first installment in nearly a decade, Curse of Chucky.
Brad Dourif returns once again to voice the plaything from hell, who mysteriously shows up at the home of a woman named Nica (played by Dourif’s daughter Fiona Dourif). Her visiting niece quickly takes to the doll, but as the body count starts to rise Nica comes to suspect that the innocent-looking toy may have something to do with all the bloodshed. Watch the new red-band trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Karl Urban is pinning his hope on the fans to make Dredd 2 happen. Also after the jump:
- Sharknado 2 will terrorize New York City
- The Chinese government welcomes The Smurfs 2
- The Expendables 3 adds Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz
- Charlie Day says Horrible Bosses 2 might film this fall
- Mac and Farva say Super Troopers 2 will shoot this year
- Christopher Guest hints at a Spinal Tap reunion in 2014
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster takes to the sky
- See two new pics from Curse of Chucky
Read More »
Brad Dourif is a great character actor, as seen in decades of film work. Most people recognize him as Wormtongue from The Lord of the Rings or Doc Cochran from Deadwood, but if you haven’t seen his early turn in John Huston’s Wise Blood, get that Criterion release in your hands now. It’s great stuff, with Dourif capturing a petulant but particularly driven character in an unforgettably unique way.
Despite those roles there’s an audience for whom Dourif will always be Chucky first and foremost. That’s one of the weird/great things about the film business — voice a demonic doll once, and you might get to spend your life going back to the material.
Curse of Chucky is the sixth film to feature Dourif as the voice of the doll Chucky; this time his daughter Fiona Dourif is on board to play one of the family members tormented by the latest incarnation of the possessed toy. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits are ordered from least to most family-friendly, just because. After the jump:
- Casting call reveals Human Centipede 3 plot details
- Take a first peek at Chucky in Curse of Chucky
- First teaser photo from Insidious Chapter 2 revealed
- Set photos from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes show a run-down San Francisco
- Evangeline Lilly chats about her new Hobbit character Tauriel
- You’ll be able to watch Despicable Me 2 with special minion-inspired 3D glasses
- Another Dolphin Tale is shooting this fall
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If ever a horror character deserved to be resurrected, it’s Chucky. The Good Guys Doll, who’s not good at all, made his debut in 1988 and was last seen in 2004′s Seed of Chucky. Since then a remake has been languishing in development hell, and a video game was rumored to be in the works. But now, finally, Chucky fans can rejoice.
Curse of Chucky, the previously announced sixth installment in the Child’s Play franchise, began filming in Canada Wednesday, aimed at a direct-to-DVD release. Brad Dourif (The Two Towers, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest) returns as the voice of Chucky. The doll will stalk a character played by Dourif’s own daugther, Fiona Dourif, who will soon be seen in The Master. Read the plot description and see a behind the scenes image after the jump. Read More »