Creed marks a new chapter in the long Rocky storyline, and the film is both a sequel and, in a way, a reboot. Rocky is still around, still played by Sylvester Stallone. But this time, he’s in the corner as a trainer for a young fighter, and that fighter is the son of his old foe Apollo Creed. Michael B. Jordan plays Adonis Creed, a promising slugger who will also be the true star of the new film.
Update: Just after we ran a brief bit of footage from the film, the first Creed trailer arrived. You can check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, June 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Chronicles of Narnia 4 script is finally complete
- Todd Solondz reveals his Dollhouse semi-sequel cast
- Ewan McGregor wants to do a Trainspotting sequel
- Vin Diesel wants Helen Mirren for Fast & Furious 8
- Here’s why Will Smith opted out of Independence Day 2
- The Jurassic Park theme shoots to the top of the charts
- Jurassic World ties yet another box office record
- Sylvester Stallone shares another image from Creed
- A new Ted 2 poster pays homage to Flash Gordon
- Ethan Hunt assembles his crew in a new M:I5 poster
- Arnie is taking the Terminator series one film at a time
- Things go boom in Terminator: Genisys B-roll footage
- And let’s finish off with more Terminator clips and spots
Read More »
I’m in Las Vegas for the CinemaCon convention (formerly ShoWest), which is the largest gathering of movie theatre exhibitors each year. The convention is packed with talks about subjects such as how to maximize profits, and features a show floor filled with the newest and best concessions equipment. More notably, most of the major movie studios hold presentations of upcoming film line-ups for the next year and beyond. Companies even show some of their films early to get some excitement from those booking the screens.
Tuesday afternoon we saw a presentation from Warner Bros Pictures showcasing some of their big upcoming films including Vacation, Creed, Point Break, In The Heart Of The Sea, Black Mass and more. After the presentation I recorded a spoiler free Warner Bros CinemaCon reaction video reaction with Steve from Collider, which you can watch that now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
Rocky’s boxing days may be behind him, but that doesn’t mean he’s left the ring completely. In the first official image from Creed, Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) steps up to train a promising young boxer, Adonis (Michael B. Jordan), who just happens to be the son of his old rival Apollo.
Also starring are Phylicia Rashad as Apollo’s widow, Tessa Thompson as Adonis’ love interest, and Anthony Bellew as boxer “Pretty” Ricky Conlan. Get your Creed first look after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
Whether you’re into boxing, singing rodents, or BDSM, there’s something in here for you. After the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan gets into fighting shape for Creed
- The Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 cast continues to grow
- The Sharknado labor strike rains down upon DC
- Fifty Shades stars want bigger paychecks for the sequel
- Spectre adds Stephanie Sigman as another Bond girl
- A knife attack and an injury threaten Pirates 5
- Nick Hornby shares his thoughts on a High Fidelity sequel
- Neill Blomkamp has more stuff to say about Alien
- Bradley Cooper did one day on the Wet Hot prequel
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Creed sounds like a great way to structure a new chapter in the very long-running Rocky saga. For this film, Sylvester Stallone returns as Rocky, but he’s not the central figure. Rather, Rocky is working as trainer to Adonis Creed (Michael B Jordan, above), the son of his old rival Apollo Creed. In other words, Rocky is stepping into the shoes of his old trainer, Mickey. Now a Creed synopsis has surfaced, giving us a few new details about the story, including one which suggests the end of Rocky’s own path could be near. Read More »
Briefly: Warner Bros. is beefing up its holiday film presence this week. The studio just dated and/or moved two of their heavy hitters. First up, the Ericson Core remake of Point Break has been pushed from summer to Christmas Day. More interestingly, though, the Ryan Coogler-directed Rocky spin-off Creed, starring Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, will be out even quicker. It’s currently filming but is now slated for release on November 25, 2015. [Box Office Mojo]
Posted on Tuesday, December 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Unlike some upcoming sequels and spin-offs, the Rocky spin-off Creed hasn’t been clamped down in some mystery box. We already know it’ll center around Apollo Creed’s grandson Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan); we know Adonis wants to be a boxer; we know he gets his granddaddy’s old rival Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) to get him into fighting shape.
Still, there are probably a few things the production would still like to keep under wraps. Like the ending, which Stallone may have just given away on Twitter. Hit the jump for the Sylvester Stallone Creed spoiler. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
If Apollo Creed’s grandson is the new Rocky, he may just have found his new Adrian. Dear White People actress Tessa Thompson has been cast in the female lead role of Creed, MGM’s upcoming Rocky spinoff. Ryan Coogler is directing the new movie, which reunites him with his Fruitvale Station star Michael B. Jordan.
Learn all about the Creed Tessa Thompson casting deal after the jump. Read More »