There’s lots of Star Wars trivia, jokes and crazy fandom in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A conversation from July 1981 where George Lucas described the prequels, with a few differences.
- Electronic Arts plans to reveal their new Star Wars games at E3.
- Luke Skywalker’s pants from A New Hope sold for $36,000.
- J.J. Abrams promises include a Conan O’Brien Easter Egg in Star Wars Episode VII.
- The world’s largest Lego creation has been revealed, and it’s an X-Wing Fighter.
- A fake J.J. Abrams Star Wars Episode VII trailer plays with the mystery box.
- Awesome new Star Wars art is out next week from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Until we know who’ll really get to direct the new Star Wars, there’s no harm in fantasizing about people who clearly won’t, right? On a recent episode of Conan, the late-night host imagined what a Star Wars VII directed by Wes Anderson or Todd Phillips might be like. After seeing them, I have to say, I’m almost sorry that neither of them are actually up for the job.
Meanwhile, you can add Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino to the “I’m good, thanks” list, and Kevin Smith shares his hopes for the new trilogy. Hit the jump to continue reading.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 29th, 2012 by Angie Han
NBC’s shaking things up, while its former employee Dan Harmon’s bouncing back on Adult Swim. After the jump:
- NBC doesn’t want that Dwight Schrute spinoff The Farm after all
- NBC decides to turn Up All Night into a multi-camera sitcom
- Adult Swim orders Dan Harmon‘s new animated comedy to series
- Chloë Sevigny signs up for A&E crime drama pilot Those Who Kill
- See Conan O’Brien hanging around the Arrested Development set
- Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are renewed through 2015-16
- ABC gives full season orders to Scandal and The Neighbors
- AMC decides to renew Hell on Wheels for a third season
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits is all great news if you like Garden State, or just mostly great news if you don’t. After the jump:
- Oz and Willow will reunite on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother
- Arrested Development adds Andy Richter and Conan O’Brien
- Zach Braff develops the Garden State-esque Garage Bar for ABC
- Steve Carell produces a sitcom for Daily Show‘s Jason Jones
- Greg Daniels and Kevin from The Office team for ABC comedy
- Ted Danson spills plot details on the Bored to Death movie
- Check out photos of Mad Men‘s Don and Megan chilling in Hawaii
- See a trailer for The Carrie Diaries, the CW’s Sex and the City prequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 27th, 2012 by Angie Han
With the exception of True Blood creator Alan Ball’s very serious-sounding Banshee, today’s TV Bits is all about the funny. After the jump:
- Dwight Schrute could leave Dunder Mifflin for Schrute Farms
- Paul Feig will direct Goldie Hawn in HBO’s The Viagra Diaries
- CBS orders a pilot written by and starring Bridesmaids‘ Rebel Wilson
- Alan Ball sells an Amish country-set action drama to Cinemax
- HBO decides to turn Indie Game: The Movie into a half-hour comedy
Read More »
Want to see a promo from Kevin Smith‘s comic book shop reality show, Comic Book Men? Where is there a new, real-life, female superhero? Can you buy a shirt making fun of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises? What do The Joker and Transformers have in common? Is there an update on the Mark Millar movie Nemesis? Which property did Olly Moss put into Frank Miller‘s The Dark Knight Returns? Want to see what Conan O’Brien had to say about The Dark Knight Rises trailer? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 21st, 2011 by Angie Han
Good things are happening to good people in today’s TV Bits, which sees new sitcoms in the works for Conan O’Brien, Judy Greer, and Mandy Moore, among others. After the jump:
- TBS orders a sitcom from Conan O’Brien
- ABC develops new projects with Judy Greer, Mandy Moore, and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry
- The CW buys a thriller from Easy A scribe Bert V Royal
- CBS yanks the already-cancelled How to Be a Gentleman from its Saturday lineup
- Watch the first 9 minutes of ABC’s Once Upon a Time
Read More »
And we’re back! Why is Tom Hardy comparing The Dark Knight Rises to Starbucks? Does Edgar Wright have an actor in mind for the Ant-Man lead? Is Henry Cavill comfortable in his Man of Steel costume yet? What are The Muppets doing to Green Lantern and Captain America now? And what do Conan O’Brien and Kenny Rogers have to do with superheroes? Read about all of this and much more in the triumphant return of Superhero Bits! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What’s the huge Spider-Man spoiler that’s all over the mainstream media today? What’s Robin going to look like in Batman: Arkham City? Was that Dark Knight Rises trailer real? When will the final Captain America: The First Avenger trailer appear? And are people devoting a lot of time to making fun of Green Lantern? The answers to these questions and more in today’s Superhero Bits! Read More »
The long, strange story of Conan O’Brien‘s exit from NBC and the national comedy/music revue tour that followed gets its final chapter — or coda, really — in the form of the documentary Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop. The film premiered at SXSW and landed distribution that will see the film hitting VOD and AT&T’s U-verse platforms before a small theatrical opening. (In other words, watch it on VOD when you get the chance, because it might not play your town.) The film was praised for offering a relatively unvarnished look at the behind the scenes production of Conan’s tour, and for showing people the less-flattering aspects of his mental state at the time. You’ll get a glimpse of that in the new trailer for the film, which is after the break. Read More »