Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Welcome back from the long weekend, if you had one. Here’s what you may have missed in the wonderful world of sequel news:
- Writer Adam Horowitz offers a little Tron 3 update
- Vanilla Ice really wants to be in the new Ninja Turtles
- Kevin Smith hopes to release Clerks 3 in November 2014
- The Aliens vs. Predator comic book gets a relaunch
- Lloyd opens up in new Dumb and Dumber To set pics
- Take a peek at Channing Tatum in 22 Jump Street
- A big battle will hit Hong Kong in Transformers 4
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Clerks made Kevin Smith, but in order to make Clerks III, Smith will have to make something else. In a new interview, the writer/director/podcaster said his next film, Tusk, will be an “ivory bridge” to Clerks III. A way to make financing the sequel easier and also to work out some of the cobwebs from not having directed a film since 2011′s Red State.
Plus, Smith revealed that Justin Long has joined the cast of Tusk, opposite Michael Parks, as the man whom Parks hires to live in his house in a walrus suit. Production begins October 21. Read the quotes below. Read More »
UPDATE: Smith took to Twitter to let fans know, this film is actually shooting in September! Here’s the tweet, original story follows:
In what’s become a Comic-Con tradition, Kevin Smith took the Hall H at Comic-Con Saturday night and arrived bearing gifts. Gifts in the form of news for his fans.
He said the Weinsteins are currently figuring out a budget for Clerks III, which will dictate when and where they shoot the film. But it’s happening. Smith also recently completed a script called Tusk, which is based on an online ad about a man who rents out a room in his house for free, as long as the person dresses as a walrus for two hours per day. He wants Michael Parks the play the lead, Quentin Tarantino as the victim and envisions the story as “the cuddly version of The Human Centipede.” Read More »
There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Two cool pieces of news broke on Twitter early Monday and we’ve got them both for you here.
First up: Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, the upcoming Avengers 2 and creator of such TV shows as Buffy, Firefly and Angel has officially joined Twitter. He’s @JossActual.
Second, Kevin Smith tweeted an image of his completed 137-page script to Clerks III. Check out both tweets below for more information. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Kevin Smith is still pretty sure Clerks III will be his best film ever. It’s not clear whether Rosario Dawson totally agrees with that sentiment, but apparently she wants in too. Also after the jump:
- Danny Boyle dishes on the Trainspotting sequel
- Gru is an awkward parent in Despicable Me 2 clip
- Terry Crews goofs around in a Cloudy 2 featurette
- Before Midnight debuts an international poster
- New poster reminds us of Global Smurfs Day
- Get a peek at Keenser in Star Trek Into Darkness
- Listen to a bit of the Star Trek Into Darkness score
- Chris Pine was “scared” to play Captain Kirk
Read More »
Friday morning, Kevin Smith got out of bed and started writing Clerks III. We know this because he posted the cover page on Facebook and Twitter. The Facebook post is particularaly enlightening because Smith reveals today is the 20th anniversary of the first day of shooting on Clerks. He also vows that Clerks III will be “the best film I’ve ever made.” Read more and see the cover page below. Read More »
Thanks to Twitter, Kevin Smith fans have been getting an inside look at how the filmmaker-turned-podcaster evolves ideas for his upcoming projects. He kept the whole Red State scenario a secret but since then, nothing has been secret. His proposed hockey film, Hit Somebody, was the first example. Through the Internet he asked actors to participate, then said it was going to be a two-part film, then cut it back to one, and now it’s going to be a mini-series.
Clerks 3 now looks like it’s in the same boat. Smith originally considered doing Clerks 3 as a Broadway play before saying it would be his final film a few months back. Now he’s changed his idea of what the franchise could be.
Talking to the crew at What’s Trending, Smith admitted he isn’t quite sure exactly how Dante and Randal are first going to be resurrected The movie is still an option but he considered doing it as an online series and, more likely, will first distribute the story as an online book, released chapter by chapter. By doing it this way, Smith revealed fan opinion would most certainly begin to influence the way the story would go.
He then revealed the book (and maybe the film) would start with Dante and Randall meeting in kindergarden. Watch the video of Smith discussing this below.
UPDATE: Smith also took to Twitter to explain a bit of his thought process, it’s all below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: