Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got new posters, clips, promos, really long pitches for movies that’ll never get made… you name it. After the jump:
- Turns out we already saw those new Star Trek Beyond uniform weeks ago
- Chris Hemsworth shares a selfie to mark the end of Ghostbusters shooting
- Steven Knight has just completed the latest draft of World War Z 2
- Ed Boon reveals the Terminator was considered for Mortal Kombat X
- Director Ed Zwick teases some impressive action for Jack Reacher 2
- Katniss and company stand tall in a new Hunger Games: Mockingjay banner
- Bryan Cranston pays homage to Star Wars in the latest Kung Fu Panda 3 promo
- Thomas sits down for a chat in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip
- Max Landis reveals what his American Ultra 2 and Chronicle 2 would have been
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: We haven’t heard much about Chronicle 2 in the past few months, but the sequel is still kicking. Fox has just hired a new screenwriter to push the development forward. The chosen guy is newcomer Jack Stanley, whose spec script Sweetheart landed on the Black List, and got the attention of producers. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
The first Chronicle did well enough that Fox quickly snapped screenwriter Max Landis back up to pen a sequel. But then word spread that the studio was displeased with Landis’ take, and several months later Landis confirmed that he’d been taken off the film.
Part of the problem had been that Fox wanted Chronicle 2 to be more of the same, while Landis had something completely new and different in mind. Now he’s offered some juicy details on what, exactly, that something was — along with an admission that Fox may have been right to drop his original idea. Hit the jump to read his comments.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Chronicle turned out to be a surprise smash hit, making $126 million worldwide — not bad at all when the film only cost $12 million to begin with. A sequel seemed like the obvious next step, and indeed Fox has one in the works. The bad news, however, is that it’s moving forward without its original director or writer.
Max Landis, who scripted the first film, was hired to write the sequel all the way back in March 2012, just a few weeks after Chronicle opened. But he’s hit some trouble along the way, and now he reveals he’s off the project entirely. Hit the jump to read his comments.
Read More »
The brain behind last year’s surprise hit Chronicle wants to set the record straight about its sequel. Max Landis, who wrote the found-footage superhero movie, sincerely believes Chronicle 2 will get made. He’s even got a script completed that the studio likes; one that is decidely darker than the first film. That’s a bit of an issue, as is the fact that director Josh Trank is about to start making 2015’s Fantastic Four reboot. All of that adds up to a film that will happen at some point, but just not yet, and is, Landis says, certainly not in any trouble.
Read Landis’ quotes below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This sounds like exactly what Chronicle director Josh Trank was hoping to avoid by edging around the sequel to his “kids with powers” movie. Screenwriter Max Landis penned the first film, and now he’s writing the sequel. But if John Landis, director of Burke and Hare and An American Werewolf in London, and father of Max, is to be believed, the script isn’t pleasing execs at Fox. Why? According to the elder Landis, because the second story isn’t enough like the first. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Bloodthirsty fish, show-offy zebras, superpowered brothers, and overgrown manchildren run wild in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Josh Trank still not sure on Chronicle 2
- Similarly, Joss Whedon undecided on Avengers 2
- More Grown Ups 2 shooting news in New England
- MIB3‘s viral campaign concludes with a final video
- Chris Rock rocks out in a new Madagascar 3 clip
- The Hoff features prominently in clips from Piranha 3DD
- Chris Hemsworth spills about Thor and Loki’s relationship
Read More »
What did comic book writer Grant Morrison mean when he said Batman is “very, very gay?” How does Robert Downey Jr. feel about the possibilty of someone else playing Tony Stark in Iron Man movies? How long did it take for Christian Bale to read the script to The Dark Knight Rises? Which part of Chronicle includes the seeds to its potential sequel? Is The Avengers making money internationally and how are ticket sales here in the States? Do Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner think they’d return in another Marvel movie? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
CinemaCon has come to a close, and I’ve returned from Las Vegas to find a ton of film sequel news bits. After the jump you’ll see a round up of all the latest, including:
- New photos from G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Expendables 2
- Benedict Cumberbatch explains how he auditioned for Star Trek 2 on his iPhone.
- Brendan Gleeson and J.B. Smoove join The Smurfs 2
- Screenwriter Max Landis talks about returning characters, possible directors, and how Chronicle 2 will be about the world’s first ‘supervillain’
- The running time and soundtrack listing for Men in Black 3 has been revealed
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel will begin production by Summer’s end.
- And an update on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo sequels.
Read More »