Briefly: Marty and Doc are spending time together again. The core cast of Back to the Future is going to reunite, but not in a film. The Michael J. Fox Show has booked Christopher Lloyd to appear in an episode as “the eccentric principal at the high school where Annie (Betsy Brandt) teaches and will go toe-to-toe with Mike (Michael J. Fox).” In other words, he’s playing the James Tolkan role.
Sadly, this isn’t meant to be an ongoing thing; the guest appearance is currently only scheduled to be a one-off, in spring 2014. The episode is shooting this week.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
More details emerge on that Boy Meets World sequel, and you may be surprised to learn what Cory’s up to these days. Also after the jump:
- Christopher Lloyd brings his DeLorean to Raising Hope
- SpongeBob gets stop-motioned for a holiday special
- See the sexy first trailer for Starz’ Da Vinci’s Demons
- James Cameron is producing a climate-change doc
- Diablo Cody sells a Millenial/GenX comedy to ABC
- Elementary lands the plum post-Super Bowl slot
- Luther is getting a third season with four episodes
- 24‘s Jack and Renee will reunite on Fox’s Touch
- Fringe sets an early 2013 date for its series finale
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Bloodthirsty fish, show-offy zebras, superpowered brothers, and overgrown manchildren run wild in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Josh Trank still not sure on Chronicle 2
- Similarly, Joss Whedon undecided on Avengers 2
- More Grown Ups 2 shooting news in New England
- MIB3‘s viral campaign concludes with a final video
- Chris Rock rocks out in a new Madagascar 3 clip
- The Hoff features prominently in clips from Piranha 3DD
- Chris Hemsworth spills about Thor and Loki’s relationship
Read More »
Lots of good news on the TV front broke over the weekend so, after the jump, read about the following:
- Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange are coming back for American Horror Story season 2 along with Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.
- Creator Ryan Murphy offers hints about the show’s return and a surprising twist with the casting.
- Check out the teaser art for the second season of AMC’s The Killing.
- A new trailer for Game of Thrones season two has been released.
- Animated promos for NBC’s Community come online this week
- Well-known actors like Dennis Quaid, Cary Elwes, Mira Sorvino and many others are heading to TV.
Posted on Friday, February 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
I think it’s fair to say that we at /Film have been pretty thorough in our coverage of Sam Raimi’s Wizard of Oz prequel Oz: The Great and Powerful, reporting on every last Bruce Campbell cameo and black-and-white prologue. But in our excitement over that film, we’ve apparently overlooked another, unrelated project that also takes inspiration from L. Frank Baum‘s much-loved fantasy world.
Titled Dorothy and the Witches of Oz, Leigh Scott‘s low-budget sorta-sequel stars Paulie Rojas as successful NYC-based children’s author Dorothy Gale, who learns that her Oz adventures weren’t imagined, but real. Christopher Lloyd, Sean Astin, Ethan Embry, and Billy Boyd also star. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Here’s the first teaser footage from Dimension’s Piranha 3DD, the sequel to Alexandre Aja’s revival of the Piranha series. If this teaser is to be believed, Feast director John Gulager hasn’t changed the formula at all, so this sequel has some sort of story (featuring David Hasselhoff) partially pushed to the background as another group of partying bikini-clad beach babes gets chewed up by hungry prehistoric fish.
We see a glimpse of returning actors Christopher Lloyd and Ving Rhames, the latter of which comes bearing a Robert Rodriguez touch. That, and the whole tone of this teaser, makes Piranha 3DD look like something that might appeal to anyone who enjoyed the low-brow silliness of the last movie. In other words, this is exactly what you expect it to be. Oh, and it is mildly NSFW, as the title suggests. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 9th, 2011 by Angie Han
It seems Christopher Lloyd‘s still doing brisk business playing Doc Brown, his iconic character from Back to the Future. I loved seeing him step back into character for the Nike MAG sneaker ad — right in the middle of the Lone Pine Mall, no less. But there’s also another, somewhat less awesome commercial featuring Lloyd-as-Doc making the rounds.
A couple of weeks back, we posted an Argentinian ad showing Doc crashing his Deloreon into an electronics superstore called Garbarino. Now a pair of follow-up videos have been released. One features Doc, now “the new face of the Garbarino campaign,” as he oohs and ahhs over gadgets on display in the store. In the other, Doc attends a fake press conference during which he explains why Einstein’s not with him and expresses his desire to see some sexy Argentinian tango. Check them out after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What is Doc Brown — that is, Christopher Lloyd — advertising in this Argentinian commercial? (Or ‘Argentine.’ I’m never certain which is correct.) The spot features Doc appearing in the Back to the Future DeLorean, which promptly crashes into Garbarino, an electronics superstore. Is this a commercial for the store, or for the phone that Doc seems to be reaching for right at the end? Probably the former, but if you just want to see Lloyd back in character and driving the DeLorean, it probably doesn’t matter.
See the spot after the break. Read More »