Posted on Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
When the first Anchorman hit theaters, we were smack in the middle of the ’00s. Lost and Veronica Mars had yet to hit the airwaves. The Janet Jackson Super Bowl controversy was still kind of a thing. John Kerry looked like a viable option for the presidency. It was a crazy time.
But times have changed for us since then, and so, too, have they for the Channel 4 news team. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues sees Ron (Will Ferrell), Brian (Paul Rudd), Champ (David Koechner) and Brick (Steve Carell) running headfirst into the ’80s and facing the new challenges that come it. Among those are diversity in the workplace (as represented by Meagan Good) and the 24-hour news cycle (as represented by Dylan Baker). Watch the first trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
New Line is putting off its Vacation plans for now. The studio has pumped the brakes on the upcoming National Lampoon reboot/sequel, which was on track to shoot this summer, as it sorts out some creative differences over MPAA ratings.
It’s unclear how long the delay will take, but for now all of the talent remains attached. Writers Jonathan Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are set to make their directorial debut on the film, with Ed Helms and Christina Applegate in the lead roles.
Read More »
Every good Vacation needs a matriarch and the new film now has one. Christina Applegate is in final talks to join Ed Helms as his wife in the new reboot/sequel to the National Lampoon comedy series, Vacation. John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (Burt Wonderstone, Horrible Bosses) are writing and directing the film. The comedy follows Helms as Rusty Griswold, the son of Chevy Chase’s Clark Griswold, as he finally grows up and takes his family on a vacation of their own. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 14th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s pilot casting season! And as such, Rupert Grint, JK Simmons, Dylan McDermott, Billy Campbell, Jennifer Beals, and tons more have found new homes on the small screen. Also after the jump:
- Peter Sarsgaard has joined AMC’s The Killing
- Dexter Season 8 adds a Walking Dead alum
- Ridley Scott is bringing The Terror to AMC
- The About a Boy duo will tackle Neal Stephenson
- FX is moving ahead with Diane Kruger‘s The Bridge
- Up All Night will shoot just one multi-cam episode
- ABC shifts Happy Endings to the Friday death slot
- House of Cards is Netflix’s most-watched program
- Comcast buys the other 49% of NBCUniversal
- The first episode of The CW’s Cult hits the web
- Jason Blum‘s Paranormal-esque reality show gets a trailer
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
With Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, and Christina Applegate in the lead roles, plus a slew of their famous friends in supporting and cameo parts, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy certainly had no shortage of big comic talents. But in typical sequel fashion, Anchorman: The Legend Continues plans to go even bigger with a veritable “murderer’s row of day players,” according to co-writer/director Adam McKay. Now, he seems to be making good on that promise as Kristen Wiig becomes the cast’s first fresh face.
Read More »
So much to get to today. After the jump read about:
- Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are all very close to signing for Kick Ass 2.
- Never fear, Christina Applegate will return as Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Piranha 3DD is out in theaters today as well as video on demand, making it the first 3D movie to do that.
- Die Hard 5, A Good Day To Die Hard, just added Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Anne Vyalitsyna to its cast.
- A young actress’ photos from the set of Star Trek 2 reveal a new Starfleet outfit.
- Weak tracking numbers have Universal backtracking on Snow White and the Huntsman 2 talk.
- Andy Samberg is wearing very tight, white short shorts on the set of Grown Ups 2.
- Men in Black 3 gets censored in China and a wardrobe lawsuit.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For years, director Adam McKay and star Will Ferrell had said Paramount wasn’t interested in making a sequel to their cult 2004 hit Anchorman and fans had all but given up hope. Then, a few weeks ago, Ron Burgundy showed up seemingly out of nowhere and announced Anchorman 2 was finally happening. After the initial shock and excitement subsided the questions turned to logistics. Who would return and what changed behind the scenes? The first question was quickly answered, the entire supporting cast (save for Christina Applegate, more on her later) had already committed and now, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, McKay explains what changed and why the sequel was so hard to push through. Read his quotes after the jump. Read More »