Is Mondo starting a Marvel Comics poster series? How did the 1989 Batman logo change marketing? Which Bridesmaids star has a cameo in Thor: The Dark World? Could the Birds of Prey appear on Arrow? Is Alice Cooper going to play a Spider-Man villain? Was there a clue to The Winter Soldier in Captain America: The First Avenger? Why can’t you see a Punisher fan film online anymore? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, June 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Look how excited Masuka is about the impending return of Dexter. After the jump:
- HBO sets Boardwalk Empire and Hello Ladies premiere dates
- Bobby Cannavale joins Martin Scorsese‘s HBO pilot
- Michelle Fairley (a.k.a. Catelyn Stark) heads to Suits
- Dan Stevens is sorry about that Downton Abbey stuff
- The IT Crowd crowd is back at work for one last episode
- Showtime’s Shameless loses one of its regulars
- Nurse Jackie will stick around for another year
- The Borgias will end after Season 3, won’t get a movie
- Peek at photos from the Dexter Season 8 premiere
Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Netflix reveals posters, stills, and a clip from the new season of Arrested Development. Also after the jump:
- What was the unaired original Game of Thrones pilot like?
- Yahoo gets exclusive access to the 38-season SNL archive
- Corey Stoll lands Guillermo del Toro‘s FX drama The Strain
- AMC forays into the science-fiction genre with Line of Sight
- Hannibal‘s unaired episode has been turned into a web series
- See a new poster and pic from the newly revived The Killing
- Watch a trailer for The Rock‘s new reality competition show
- Peek behind the scenes of Christopher Guest‘s Family Tree
- Dexter conducts his final symphony in an artsy new trailer
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you’re scrambling to catch up on the Mad Men Season 6 premiere or you just want to experience it again, AMC’s got the entire episode online right now. Also after the jump:
- Vikings and Bates Motel get renewed
- Paul Reuben heads to Wonderland
- HBO’s Girls loses one of its boys
- Will USA pick up Happy Endings?
- The Kitten Bowl is coming in 2014
- Jonathan Strange is coming to the BBC
- Peter Berg will direct HBO’s The Leftovers
- See a trailer for Christopher Guest‘s Family Tree
- FX reveals four creepy promos for The Bridge
Read More »
Marvel Studios has become such a moneymaking juggernaut that it is able to bring a diverse approach to casting. Look at some of the great names that have decorated Marvel movies in the past couple years: Stanley Tucci, Idris Elba, Hugo Weaving, and Tommy Lee Jones are just a few. The studio is pulling in other talents, too, and is drawing from the world of comedy to populate some of its second wave films. Chris Pratt of Parks and Rec is in Guardians of the Galaxy, and Kat Dennings returns for Thor: The Dark World.
Also appearing in Thor 2 will be an actor who cut his teeth on British comedy shows before appearing in one of the biggest US comedies of the past few years. Sounds like his Thor appearance will be a cameo only, and to spare those who don’t want spoilers, we’ve got the details below the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
There was a time when it would’ve been considered a massive downgrade for a big-screen talent to tackle a small-screen project, but these days even A-listers like David Fincher are opening up to the joys of television. This spring, comedy auteur Christopher Guest and frequent collaborator Jim Piddock will follow suit with HBO’s Family Tree, starring Chris O’Dowd as an aimless young(ish) man researching his wacky genealogical roots. The first teaser trailer has just surfaced, and you can watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
One can only guess how the horribly mismatched Ben and Alison from Knocked Up are faring these days, but in just a few weeks we’ll get to see how their pals Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) are dealing with being on the cusp of middle age. Universal has just dropped a new red-band trailer for Judd Apatow‘s This is 40, which picks back up with the bickering marrieds five years after we last saw them.
A few things have changed: Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigl are nowhere to be seen, Maude Apatow has grown from cute kid to angsty teen, and Albert Brooks, John Lithgow, Megan Fox, Chris O’Dowd, Melissa McCarthy, and Lena Dunham are joining in on the fun this time around. The winning blend of cozy sentiment and inappropriate humor, however, remains much the same. Watch the somewhat NSFW trailer after the jump. (And yes, smartasses, the “favorite movie blog” I’m referencing in the headline is /Film.)
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
As devotees of Louie and Sherlock are sighing over extralong gaps between seasons, Girls fans are enjoying some schedule shuffling in the opposite direction. Although the first season of Girls debuted in the spring, Season 2’s kicking off a little earlier than expected in January 2013. Which means the marketing push starts now.
HBO’s already offered up a not-terribly-revealing teaser and a handful of stills from the upcoming season. Now they’re ramping up the campaign with the first full trailer, which features a nice mix of fresh and familiar faces. Hannah (Lena Dunham) and her usual gang are all here, along with returning guest stars like Jorma Taccone and Chris O’Dowd and newcomers like Donald Glover, Patrick Wilson, and Rita Wilson. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Nick Frost dancing. Those three words alone can sell a movie to a certain audience. Throw in Rashida Jones and Chris O’Dowd and you’ve got Cuban Fury, an upcoming comedy directed by James Griffiths and written by Jon Brown. Frost plays a former dancing prodigy who is injured in his youth, only to be reinvigorated later in life but his beautiful new boss. The film will be released in the United Kingdom in March and the first images and plot synopsis have just have come online. Check them out below. Read More »