Posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
The whole Neptune gang is reuniting, but it’s not for a sequel per se. Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Ryan Hansen, and more are set to star in Play It Again, Dick, a Veronica Mars spinoff about a Veronica Mars spinoff.
In keeping with the meta angle of the web series, the actors will be playing both themselves and their Veronica Mars characters. As creator Rob Thomas puts it, it’s the cast of Veronica Mars meets the “L.A. ‘reality'” of Party Down. Hit the jump for all the details.
Read More »
It’s been a little over six months since the Veronica Mars movie was dramatically funded via Kickstarter, and the film has already completed its primary shoot. We’ve seen a bit of footage, and now there’s a new behind the scenes featurette that shows off some footage and fills viewers in on some of the film’s character backstory. In short, this is all about the love triangle between Veronica (Kristen Bell), Logan (Jason Dohring), and Piz (Chris Lowell). Oh, and there’s the fact that one of them is in trouble, which is what kicks off the plot. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Game of Thrones has ended for the year, but its shadow continues to loom large. After the jump:
- Portlandia will return for two more seasons
- What happens of Game of Thrones catches up to the books?
- A Sons of Anarchy prequel is still a long ways away
- Dan Harmon closes his Community Season 5 deal
- Harry Potter‘s Tom Felton will bring his sneer to TNT
- Frank Darabont finds his Mickey Cohen for Lost Angels
- Under the Dome plucks a star from The Following
- Veronica Mars adds a bunch of fan favorites, and also Piz
- Watch a trailer for the upcoming fourth season of Luther
- Starz’s The White Queen tries to fill the Game of Thrones gap
- HBO offers new trailers for a bunch of their non-GOT shows
Read More »
Buried director Rodrigo Cortés will next direct Sigourney Weaver in Red Lights, in which she’ll play Margaret Matheson, “a para-psychologist who attempts to debunk a very reputable psychic who has just returned to the limelight after 30 years.” What are the chances her character is named after author Richard Matheson? Pretty good. Cortés told Bloody Disgusting the film is “”about how the brain does not give a true picture of reality.”
After the break, new talent for The Thing and The Help (can we combine those into one film, The Helpful Thing?) and two roles for True Blood‘s Grant Bowler. Read More »