Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Boardwalk Empire, Hello Ladies, and Eastbound and Down are done for the year (or, in the latter’s case, forever), and Girls, Looking, and True Detective don’t premiere until January. So what’s there to see on HBO between now and 2014?
Well, the network is hoping you’ll use that time to check out two of their new shows, the medical comedy Getting On and the Summer Heights High spinoff Ja’mie: Private School Girl. Both series debuted on air last night, and have now released their first episodes online. Check ’em out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
Though he wrote and starred in Summer Heights High, of the funniest shows to air on U.S. television in the last several years, most Americans don’t know who Chris Lilley is. That’s sure to change when his latest show, Angry Boys, premieres on HBO in the coming months. The Australian comedian, who previously wrote and starred in two series, We Can Be Heroes and Summer Heights High, the latter of which aired on HBO in 2008, once again writes and stars as all the lead parts in a comedy series, this time focusing on the different roles men play in society. On Angry Boys, Lilley himself plays a pair of co-dependent brothers, a former surfing great, an untalented rapper, a prison guard grandma and an overprotective Asian mother. Fans of Summer Heights have been clamoring for a glimpse at Lilley’s latest work,and we’ve got the first one after the jump. Read More »