Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
I hope you’re excited for Human Centipede III, because shooting in LA has already begun. Also after the jump:
- Will Forte is working on MacGruber 2 this summer
- Could the Fast Five vault heist happen in real life? (No.)
- Charlie Sheen returns to his Latino roots for Machete Kills
- Glenn Morshower won’t be in Transformers 4, but you could be
- Rumor has it Sharon Stone wants a Basic Instinct 3
- J.J. Abrams hasn’t ruled out a third Star Trek
- Hatchet III and The Smurfs 2 get new posters
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, April 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s a lot to look at in today’s Sequel Bits, including concept art for G.I. Joe: Retaliation and a bloody new image from The Raid 2: Berandal. Also after the jump:
- Director offers status update and possible title for Tron 3
- John Cusack may be back for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 this summer
- Transformers 4 will shoot in May; is Shia LaBeouf returning?
- Producer says a G.I. Joe / Transformers crossover is “possible”
- Lindsay Lohan parodies herself in a Scary Movie 5 image
Read More »
It’s something of a crime that Scary Movie 5 is being sold using Danny Elfman’s great theme from Beetlejuice, but since the whole movie looks like something of a crime, I guess it’s just par for the course.
The movie continues the series’ goal of parodying big horror movies, and this trailer incorporates a bunch of gags that riff on Evil Dead and Mama, among other movies. It works about as well as the first trailer did, which is to say that your mileage with this one will probably vary based on
The trailer, which isn’t set up as a red-band, but might not be safe for work thanks to a shower scene. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
HBO’s other big spring premiere, Veep, debuts a new teaser today. Also after the jump:
- Gillian Anderson, Ken Jeong, Jorge Garcia, and more land new series
- Lindsay Lohan will woo Charlie Sheen on Anger Management
- Kathy Bates will face down Jessica Lange in American Horror Story
- Ben Stiller returns to Arrested Development; Netflix hopes for more seasons
- TBS hopes to be king of the nerds by renewing King of the Nerds
- Web comic Achewood is being turned into a TV series
- NBC releases a series of character posters for Hannibal
Read More »
Roman Coppola‘s second directorial effort, A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III, is on VOD now and will be in theaters on February 8. We’ve seen a couple trailers already for this film, in which Charlie Sheen plays a graphic designer who has a meltdown after being dumped by his girlfriend.
But this new red-band trailer is pretty great. It features Sheen and co-star Jason Schwartzman in costume, but not in character, introducing the footage. Well, it isn’t really footage, but a Monty Python-esque animated collage of stuff to represent just what is inside Charles Swan III’s mind.
And while I’d like to use a much more vibrant header image from the trailer, most of what’s inside Swan’s mind is naked women. Very tastefully shown naked women, but all the same. Just watch the trailer below, as long as you’re not at work. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, November 29th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots to get through in TV news today, so let’s dive right in. After the jump:
- Aaron Paul is ready for the last stretch of Breaking Bad
- Taryn Manning will recur on Orange is the New Black
- Rider Strong hasn’t joined Girl Meets World… yet
- Angus T. Jones is not leaving Two and a Half Men
- Donal Logue misses Terriers as much as you do
- Syfy is launching three new reality shows in early 2013
- AMC orders dramas from the 1980s and the 1770s
- The Blues Brothers is inching toward television
- Downton Abbey‘s Julian Fellowes is coming to NBC
- Starz considers a Caesar-centric Spartacus spinoff
- Emily Owens, M.D. will end after 13 episodes
- Fox sets Mob Doctor‘s end date, moves Touch‘s return
- FX gives premiere dates to Justified, Archer, and more
- Comedy Central picks up Key & Peele for Season 3
Read More »
So far, unless you’ve been at the Rome Film Festival, your only exposure to Roman Coppola‘s second feature film A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III has been through a handful of stills. A glimpse, indeed. The film is Coppola’s long-awaited follow-up to CQ, which Coppola released over a decade ago, and also comes on the heels of feature work he’s done with other directors. (Second unit work on a variety of features, and writing duties on The Darjeeling Limited and Moonrise Kingdom, for example.)
The movie stars Charlie Sheen as a successful graphic designer whose girlfriend unceremoniously dumps him, sending the guy into something of a tailspin. Actors such as Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, and Patricia Arquette show up, and as the still above suggests, the movie isn’t the most serious and literal story hitting screens.
And things are breaking open now with respect to getting a better look at the movie. First, we’ve got a full suite of character posters that go right past your typical character sheets to present an iconic if slightly bawdy take on the material. And then there’s a video which, while full of some irritating entertainment television talking head noise, also features the first footage we’ve seen from the film.
Read More »
Was Charlie Sheen really going to play Spider-Man? Want to not only watch a clip and featurette from Dredd 3D, but listen to the score too? What old project featured both Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy? How significant a role does Guy Pearce have in Iron Man 3? Has the Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark lawsuit been settled? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Roman Coppola‘s last film — and his first film — was CQ, released in 2001. While he has been a creator on several big movies since thanks to work with his father (Tetro, Youth Without Youth) and Wes Anderson (The Darjeeling Limited, Moonrise Kingdom) I’ve been hoping to see more development from him as a director.
Coppola’s second feature is A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III, featuring Charlie Sheen as the title character and supporting work from Bill Murray, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Patricia Arquette, Aubrey Plaza, and Jason Schwartzman. Like CQ, the movie takes place within a skewed world that isn’t quite our reality (as the title implies) and shows what happens when Swan’s girlfriend (Katheryn Winnick) dumps him and he starts to unravel.
The film has just been dated for February 2013, and we’ve got the first two photos from the film, along with some explanation from Coppola of just what we can expect to find in Swan’s head. Read More »