Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Despite Paramount’s objections, the producer for It’s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story is confident his project will go forward. Sorry, haters. Also after the jump:
- Channing Tatum could still return for G.I. Joe 3…
- … and Adrianne Palicki is definitely going to be back
- Kellan Lutz had to get smaller for The Expendables 3
- Paramount and MGM team up for Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- NBC okays a sequel to The Bible (the show, not the book)
- Jack O’Connell and Lena Headey get their own 300 posters
Read More »
When marketing an R-rated comedy like the upcoming 22 Jump Street, the red-band trailer is a great tool. It quickly and easily gives the audiences what they want: vulgarity, nudity, violence and any number of other inappropriate things the final film will have. For the most part, though, those trailers largely live online.
When you head to the theater this weekend to see Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, here’s the version of the 22 Jump Street trailer you’ll see. The green band. It’s still incredibly funny, just with less cursing. In the place of that, though, is a bunch of new footage from the sequel, out June 13. Check it out below. Read More »
The 21 Jump Street reboot surprised many with the chemistry between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, and the comic energy of everyone around them. So there’s a sequel, 22 Jump Street, with the major cast back in their roles, and directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller back in the driver’s seat(s). The setting is moved from high school to college, so there are plenty of college movie cliches to lampoon, and a new drug plot to follow up. And one character has had gender reassignment surgery, though that may be more of an incidental thing than a big plot point.
Watch the red-band trailer below. Read More »
The last film from Andy and Lana Wachowski, Cloud Atlas, ranged through time from centuries in our civilization’s past to thousands of years in the future. So, by comparison, the scope of their new film Jupiter Ascending, which merely flies from Chicago into deep space, seems almost restrained.
But nothing else looks restrained in the new film, which sees Channing Tatum as a sort of hybrid animal-human hunter tracking down a woman on earth (Mila Kunis) who holds the key to galactic intrigue.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »
With post-production in full swing on one movie, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord are currently in-production on their next movie. That movie is 22 Jump Street, the college-based follow-up to the 2012 hit film starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. It’s scheduled for release June 13 and while a teaser trailer will likely be out before the end of the year, the directors have made even more work for themselves by crafting a viral spoof of an incredible commercial starring Jean Claude Van Damme. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Channing Tatum is reuniting with his Magic Mike producing partner Reid Carolin, but unfortunately for waxed chest enthusiasts everywhere, it’s not for a sequel. Instead, they’re set to produce MGM’s Bad Romance, the latest project by 50/50 and Warm Bodies director Jonathan Levine. Tatum will star as well as produce. Hit the jump to learn everything we know so far about the project.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Welcome back from the long weekend, if you had one. Here’s what you may have missed in the wonderful world of sequel news:
- Writer Adam Horowitz offers a little Tron 3 update
- Vanilla Ice really wants to be in the new Ninja Turtles
- Kevin Smith hopes to release Clerks 3 in November 2014
- The Aliens vs. Predator comic book gets a relaunch
- Lloyd opens up in new Dumb and Dumber To set pics
- Take a peek at Channing Tatum in 22 Jump Street
- A big battle will hit Hong Kong in Transformers 4
Read More »