Briefly: Carl Weathers voicing a Pixar character just feels right. The Rocky, Predator, Happy Gilmore and Arrested Development actor has always had a sense of humor, and he’s using that – as well as his action background – in Toy Story of Terror, the upcoming ABC Disney/Pixar short. Weathers is Combat Carl, a toy soldier who has been living at a haunted hotel. You can read more about his role here but, below, check out what he looks like along with five other new images from the show. Read More »
Is Pixar making Toy Story 4? It’s possible. But we now know they’re at least making a fourth Toy Story Toon, following in the steps of Hawaiian Vacation, Small Fry and Partysaurus Rex. The short is called Toy Story of Terror and will premiere on ABC this Halloween, making it Pixar’s first TV special. Check out the first image and read about the film below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a lot of new stuff to get through in today’s TV Bits, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- AMC and Dish settle legal dispute; AMC resumes airing on Dish
- Why The Walking Dead ended up at AMC instead of HBO or NBC
- NBC euthanizes Animal Practice and brings back Whitney
- Louis C.K. lines up his Saturday Night Live hosting debut
- Taken director Pierre Morel will work on NBC pilot After Hours
- Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore will direct ABC’s Trophy Wife
- Brendan Fraser heads to TNT for the drama pilot Legends
- Andy Samberg joins Mike Schur and Dan Goor‘s new comedy
- Craig Robinson lands the lead in Greg Daniels‘ NBC sitcom
- Arrested Development re-hires Carl Weathers, gets a documentary
- Check out Dany, Ser Jorah, and more on Game of Thrones‘ Qarth set
Read More »
The Tom “I’m not the guy who plays football for the New England Patriots” Brady-directed inspirational sport spoof The Comebacks has been pushed back six months.
May-be this explains why they only displayed 10-minutes in Aspen. The film had a lackluster preview showing at the US Comedy Arts Festival last week. Our friends at FirstShowing enjoyed the “special preview” more than expected, but is that good enough? My best guess is the movie needs some reworking.
But we do know this, the movie will open on August 24th 2007, instead of the previously scheduled March 23rd debut.
The official synopsis follows:
A hilarious comedy that spoofs the best inspirational sports movies ever made, THE COMEBACKS tells the story of an out-of-luck coach, Lambeau Fields, who takes a rag-tag bunch of college misfits and drives them towards the football championships. In the process, of course, this life-long loser discovers that he is a winner after all – redeeming himself, saving his relationship with his family and friends, and finds that there is indeed, no “I” in “team”! The film stars David Koechner, best known for his role of “Champ” in Anchorman, Carl Weathers, and a talented young cast including Matthew Lawrence, Brooke Nevin, Jackie Long, and Jesse Garcia. The film is directed by Tom Brady, and produced by Tapestry Films, who also brought you Wedding Crashers.