Earlier this year, news broke that The Incredibles and Ratatouille were getting 3D post-conversions. The two Brad Bird-directed Oscar-winners are already on Blu-ray, but the rumor was that these conversions could be for upgraded 3D Blu-ray discs. Soon after that rumor landed, a 3D version of Ratatouille hit shelves overseas. Nothing happened with The Incredibles, however. Now, a new rumor says that, unlike Ratatouille, The Incredibles 3D conversion could be going to the big screen. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Brad Bird had a big decision, one many film fans would love to have to make. In a new interview, the director of Tomorrowland once again talked about being approached to direct Star Wars Episode VII and strongly considering the job, but being so deep into pre-production on Tomorrowland he had to turn the Star Wars gig down.
However, Bird strongly considered making Tomorrowland then jumping right into a Galaxy Far, Far Away. Watch Bird talk about turning down Star Wars Episode VII below. Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
This post has been updated with high resolution unwatermarked images.
Walt Disney Pictures has released the first Tomorrowland teaser trailer. Brad Bird‘s new film was just previewed during a presentation at New York Comic Con. Check back later as Angie will have coverage of the panel which included footage not available online. But you can now hit the jump to see the first Tomorrowland teaser trailer, a new Tomorrowland posters and the first lookphotos that were released earlier this week .
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
At this year’s New York Comic-Con panel, Disney unveiled the very first Tomorrowland teaser. (See that here.) But in addition to that, the studio also showed the first clip from the movie — an action-packed sequence featuring Frank (George Clooney) and Casey (Britt Robertson).
That scene isn’t available online, but lucky for you we have an in-depth summary right here. After the jump, get the Tomorrowland NYCC footage recap, plus highlights from the Tomorrowland NYCC panel featuring Clooney, Robertson, director Brad Bird, writer Damon Lindelof, and actors Hugh Laurie and Raffey Cassidy.
Update: Since most people couldn’t be at the NYCC panel, we’ve now got pro-shot video that covers some of the panel discussion, even though it doesn’t have the video clips shown off. There’s also an interview with Bird and Lindelof from the con.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has joined the cast of Magic Mike XXL.
- Bruce Greenwood talks possible Star Trek 3 return.
- Brad Bird talks about how The Incredibles 2 is progressing.
- John Cho says Bob Orci is “going to blow people away” with Star Trek 3
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Since last year’s D23 Expo, director Brad Bird has been very quiet about his sci-fi Disney fantasy, Tomorrowland. The film stars George Clooney, was co-written by Damon Lindelof, and has been as secretive about its production as that other Disney sci-fi movie. Those flood gates are ready to open though as Tomorrowland will have presentations in the coming months at New York Comic-Con and Destination D.
But that’s not all. Leading up to Tomorrowland‘s May 2015 release date, a prequel book called Before Tomorrowland is in the works and one website believes they’ve found an early look at it. What do the images show? An epic meeting of the minds that could explain the alternate dimensions in Tomorrowland, as well as a tie into Walt Disney. Check out your possible first look at the Tomorrowland movie history below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Brad Bird‘s Tomorrowland is ready to come out into the world. Tuesday, Disney revealed that the film would have a presence at New York Comic-Con. Now, we can exclusively reveal the film will also have a presentation at the D23 Destination D event that takes place November 22-23 in Orlando, Florida.
The film’s supervising art director Ramsey Avery will dive into the making of the film, specifically talking about how they reconstructed parts of the 1964 World’s Fair including the “It’s A Small World” ride.
Find out more about the Tomorrowland event and learn how to get tickets below. Read More »