Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
The trio that wrote Skyfall will be reuniting for its sequel after all. As of 2012, John Logan was set to pen the script all by himself, without the help of Neal Purvis and John Wade. But now, following some “polite turmoil” behind the scenes of Bond 24, Purvis and Wade are returning to give the script some “punch.”
Of course, they’re going to need some time to polish that script and that means production won’t begin this fall as originally planned. Instead, it’ll get underway in December. Hit the jump for all the latest details on the Bond 24.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits covers everything from the family-friendly sweetness of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the gritty, grown-up delights of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After the jump:
- CBS isn’t interested in How I Met Your Dad
- Wesley Snipes is game for White Men Can’t Jump 2
- Kristen Bell would absolutely do another Frozen
- Octavia Spencer gets on board for Insurgent
- Bond 24 will feature a Scandinavian Bond girl
- Grimlock gets a Transformers: Age of Extinction banner
- Get a taste of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in GIF form
- Watch another cute clip from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Read More »
When Skyfall was released, director Sam Mendes was adamant that he would not do another James Bond movie. That approach to the series changed fairly quickly, however, and Mendes was soon signed to make the follow-up, the currently-untitled Bond 24. That Bond movie should shoot later this year for a 2015 release, but we still know little about it.
Sam Mendes recently appeared on the Charlie Rose show, however. The two discussed many subjects, one of which was Bond in general, and specifically some of the ideas that led to Mendes doing another Bond. Check out the conversation, featuring talk about the connection between Skyfall and Bond 24, below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
Details about Lego Movie 2 are being kept under wraps, but one thing Chris McKay says we can expect is more female characters. Also after the jump:
- Ivan Reitman is still gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3
- Camera tests are underway for Jurassic World
- Karl Urban wants you to sign the Dredd 2 petition
- Those “Penelope Cruz for Bond 24” rumors might be true
- Kevin James has a new love interest for Paul Blart 2
- Here’s another How to Train Your Dragon poster
- Check out some Mad Max: Fury Road concept art
Read More »
Coming off a Best Actor nomination in Best Picture winner 12 Years a Slave, Chiwetel Ejiofor might be cast in one of the biggest franchises in the world. No, not that one. Ejiofor is the current front runner to be the latest villain in the James Bond series.
Bond 24 will hit theaters November 6, 2015 and starts filming this Fall. Sam Mendes is returning to direct and Daniel Craig will reprise his role as 007. Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw will all return as well, continuing the story from Skyfall. Read More »
Twenty-four. Bond 24. The new M, Ralph Fiennes, hasn’t even read the script to the next James Bond film, but the actor says he knows when he and Daniel Craig will be sharing martinis. Sam Mendes will start filming the follow-up to Skyfall in October, aimed at a November 6, 2015 release. Read More »
Briefly: Despite the fact that some of the core Skyfall team is returning for the as-yet-untitled Bond 24, one person who won’t return to work at Pinewood is cinematographer Roger Deakins. While it would have been more surprising to find that Deakins was showing up for a Bond sequel, I think many people had hoped that might come to pass, given that his work was utterly intrinsic to the success of Skyfall.
The info comes from Kris Tapley of In Contention, who got it straight from Deakins. We don’t know what the cinematographer’s next film will be; he’s in post on Angelina Jolie’s Unbroken right now and has been working on How to Train Your Dragon 2 as a consultant. Hopefully this means he’ll be free for the next Coen Brothers film. (Though I certainly can’t complain about the work done by Bruno Delbonnel on Inside Llewyn Davis — he came on to shoot the film when Deakins was busy on Skyfall.)
Bond 24 will be written by John Logan and directed by Sam Mendes, with Daniel Craig returning as James Bond. It is scheduled for release on October 23, 2015 in the UK and November 6, 2015 in the US.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, August 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
How can you get “The Ultimate Insidious Experience”? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Daniel Craig wants more “irony” in Bond 24
- How did Shaun of the Dead inspire The World’s End?
- The Scorpion King 4 is a thing that is happening
- The new Transformers 4 logo has claw marks
- Toys R Us is ready for the influx of Dinobots toys
- Vin Diesel flirts and fights in new clips from Riddick
Read More »