These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Several weeks back, very soon after Star Wars Celebration, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley did a press conference in Japan. We mentioned it on the site, but didn’t elaborate further simply because the videos were in Japanese. Now that someone has translated everything said by the two ladies, we know there were a few interesting things said about a galaxy far, far away.
First, Kennedy and Ridley talked about Rey’s fighting style in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was aided by a choreographer from Game of Thrones. Then there was a tease about the importance of Boba Fett to the Lucasfilm plan. Read the new Star Wars quotes below. Read More »
We’ve seen the story of Boba Fett‘s youth, including the events by which he was adopted as the son of Jango Fett rather than becoming one of the first generation of Stormtroopers. But we still haven’t quite seen how Boba Fett specifically became the character who appeared in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Now, we’ll see a lot more of the fan-favorite character, as the second Star Wars Anthology film will reportedly be a Boba Fett origin story. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
For months, we’ve heard two seemingly conflicting rumors about one Star Wars spinoff: one, that it’ll be about Boba Fett, and two, that it’ll be about Han Solo. The common assumption was that one or the other had to be false — but if this latest rumor is true, it could mean both of the other ones are, too.
Word is the Star Wars spinoff won’t be a Han Solo story or a Boba Fett story, but a single film that includes both fan-favorite characters. More on the Star Wars spinoff rumor after the jump. Read More »
Boba Fett lives. I mean, you knew that. Despite falling into the Sarlacc pit during Return of the Jedi he managed to escape, and later showed up all over the place in the Star Wars expanded universe. He even fell into the Sarlacc again, and after getting out was best man at the wedding of the bounty hunter Dengar. Seriously.
But nothing in Star Wars is canon until it ends up in a movie, The Clone Wars (or Rebels) TV show, or comes out of the mouth of George Lucas. Today, during a Reddit AMA, Star Wars historian J.W. Rinzler said he’s had conversations with Lucas where the Star Wars creator confirmed that Fett is alive. Get that quote, and some other highlights from Rinzler’s talk below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
When it was announced that Godzilla and Monsters director Gareth Edwards would be directing a Star Wars spin-off written by Gary Whitta due out December 16, 2016, the press release cleverly didn’t say what the subject of this film is. Recently, however, it was suggested one of the first three films would be about infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett.
It got me wondering: LucasFilm has a ton of concept art for a Boba Fett prequel story already created sitting in their vaults. Even if they start from scratch on a story, the concept art from their abandoned Star Wars 1313 video game project could easily be inspire scenes in the rumored big screen movie. What could a Boba Fett movie look like? Lets take a look at Star Wars 1313 concept art.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’re back from the long weekend with many more Star Wars-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Star Wars: Attack Squadrons has been cancelled
- Don’t believe those Boba Fett spinoff plot rumors
- Carrie Fisher is lobbying to bring back the Leia buns
- Star Wars Episode VII casts another musician
- See Episode VII stunt performers hard at work in Abu Dhabi
- Check out Daisy Ridley’s brief appearance in Mr. Selfridge
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta shows off his Lucasfilm threads
Read More »
As little as we’ve heard about Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard even less about what’s coming next. The plan was originally for a Star Wars spin-off/origin film to hit in 2016, followed by Star Wars Episode VIII in 2017, another spin off/origin in 2018, and then Episode IX in 2019. And while we don’t know that’s not still the plan, everyone involved has gotten awfully quiet about it.
Which brings us to Thursday. Several Star Wars websites reported Disney that Lucasfilm executives had an ultra-secret breakfast to discuss the franchise. Whether or not this meeting actually happened is already in question, which should paint this rumor in even a dimmer light. But one site is reporting much of the conversation centered on everyone’s favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Fett is potentially one of the characters either Simon Kinberg or Lawrence Kasdan are writing a spin-off movie for but that may have run into some difficulties because of Fett’s allegiances. Read More »