At this very moment, three of the most crucial people in the world of Star Wars are J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger. One is the co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the second is the President of Lucasfilm, and the third runs Disney, which owns Lucasfilm and, effectively, Star Wars. Those three people – and probably Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm Story Group – are Star Wars. And the first three all appeared on the Star Wars Celebration live stream over the weekend to talk about the franchise and the new film. If you missed them live, those videos are now online. Check out the Star Wars Celebration interviews below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve been talking about a Star Wars theme park since well before Disney bought the franchise. Since then though, an announcement about an expansion has been inevitable. Where would it be? How big will it be? What are the specifics? These are just a few questions Star Wars and theme park fans have been asking themselves for years.
The last we heard from Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, was plans were held up a bit because they wanted the new Star Wars attractions to focus more on the new movies. And those movies weren’t quite ready yet. But in an interview Tuesday, Iger said he feels Disney will be able to announce those plans to the public “fairly soon” and that the plans are “ambitious.” Read more about the Disney Star Wars theme parks below. Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens December 18 of this year. The first Star Wars standalone film opens December 16, 2016. After that, we have a good idea of what the next few years have in store for Star Wars but nothing is 100% set in stone. For example, though every single outlet in the world has confirmed Rian Johnson is directing Star Wars Episode VIII, along with the filmmaker himself, the company has yet to acknowledge it. And though we’ve heard there will be a Star Wars movie every single year, only the two dates above are confirmed.
However, the long-term future of Star Wars was recently mentioned by Disney CEO Bob Iger. In a Disney shareholders report, he talked about seeing footage from The Force Awakens, confirmed the release years for the next two films in “this” trilogy, and failed to mention the second standalone film. There’s more, too. Read the extremely loaded Star Wars sequel trilogy quote below. Read More »
There are two cool pieces of Star Wars news for you on this last Monday of 2014. First up, Disney CEO Bob Iger appeared on the cover of Fortune Magazine with his $4 billion dollar co-star, the Millennium Falcon. Then, inside, there’s a very cool new look at the Falcon from the ground level. The two constitute our first close-up images of the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” from the 2015 sequel. We have the images below.
Second, Star Wars Rebels will return next week and as previously reported, Frank Oz will reprise his role as Yoda. The clip is now online and you can watch it below. Read More »
Lucasfilm is a little busy at the moment worrying about their crown jewel, Star Wars. They’re planning one of those movies every year starting in 2015, and that requires a lot of work. But no one has forgotten about their other huge franchise, Indiana Jones, for which Disney does indeed have the rights to make and distribute new films.
The last rumor was that they were looking at a reboot, which was denied by producers. When the CEO of the company comments on a film series, you have to take note. In a recent interview, Disney’s Bob Iger said the company would love to make another Indiana Jones movie, but they’re just pacing themselves right now. What does that mean? We’ll explore the new Indiana Jones movie possibilities after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you’re like us and have been obsessively thinking about Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the past two years, give yourself a pat on the back. According to Disney CEO Bob Iger, that incredible level of interest was a major factor in the recent release of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer. Originally, they weren’t going to release something this early, but felt that the fans had demanded it.
Iger talked about that, as well as J.J. Abrams‘ commitment to practical effects and the film’s gargantuan expectations and importance, in a new interview. Below, read about what the Disney CEO said about the Star Wars Force Awakens trailer release and more. Read More »
Ever since Disney acquired Lucasfilm and Star Wars fans have been clamoring for a bigger Galactic and Rebel presence in the Disney theme parks. We’ve posted many rumors about a new Star Wars land being planned for Disneyland in Anaheim — at one point they were even testing out an idea for a third park which would’ve combined Star Wars and Marvel, but word has it didn’t test well with females. The latest rumor is that a Star Wars themed land will replace Disneyland’s Toon Town with construction beginning in 2016.
Today we learn a bit more about what the future of Star Wars holds in Disney Parks with a confirmation that any Star Wars theme park rides and attractions will be based on the new films, and not the older original (boo) and prequel (yay) trilogies.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII and Star Wars Rebels rumors, praise, trivia and even inside Hollywood stuff are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has seen Star Wars Episode VII footage.
- New rumors have risen about the location of the Millennium Falcon.
- Is Jabba’s Buboicullaar back in Episode VII?
- Star Wars spinoff writer Gary Whitta praises Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Is Boba Fett in Star Wars Rebels?
- Matt Reeves won’t be directing a Star Wars film for some time.
- Benedict Cumberbatch does a great Jar Jar Binks impression.
- What do the Miami Marlins have to do with Star Wars?
- Peter Mayhew heaps high praise on Episode VII.
- Read about how Star Wars Rebels is influenced by Ralph McQuarrie‘s art.
- Dave Filoni and more are confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Daisy Ridley just got herself a fancy Hollywood agent.
- The official Star Wars Timeline is set. Sort of.
Read More »
The battle over May 2016 is getting more and more interesting. A while back, we thought the Summer of 2015 was the be-all, end-all for summer sequels. Those months were scheduled to include all the movies that are currently being released as well as two of the most anticipated movies ever: Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those two films were later slotted into December 2015 and May 2016 respectively. May 2016 got more interesting, however, when Marvel dated Captain America 3 for the same release day as Batman v Superman. That’s where things stood for a while.
Then Harrison Ford broke his leg.
Now, while Disney is dead-set on holding December 18, 2015 as the Star Wars Episode VII release date, director/producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy have reportedly asked, and been denied, a move to May 4, 2016.
Below, we examine the potential Star Wars 7 release date change from both sides of the argument. Read More »