Posted on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got some odds and ends from Sequel-Land after the jump:
- Warner Bros. is seeking writers for Contagion 2
- Will Black Dynamite 2 be like Blazing Saddles?
- Ian McKellan almost declined to do The Hobbit
- See new photos from Catching Fire‘s Georgia set
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
Could the big-screen sequel to 2009’s Black Dynamite finally be getting underway? Michael Jai White thinks so. Also after the jump:
- Christina Ricci will play an evil Smurfette
- Richard Linklater thinks the Before Sunset sequel will happen
- Is Underworld: Battle the title of Underworld 5?
Read More »
Do you want a sequel to Salt? Opinion on the film is decidedly mixed, but without (it seems) a lot of middle ground. I’ve talked to people who like the movie a lot, and dislike it a lot, which might be good enough response to earn a sequel. The film has earned $166m worldwide so far — not a huge return on the $110m production budget, but it’s an Angelina Jolie movie. There’s still money to be made there.
The LA Times says that writer Kurt Wimmer has a sequel idea and that director Phillip Noyce is reportedly interested in a return, as is Angelina Jolie. But the talk seems pretty speculative. Jolie has possible films (Maleficent, the nascent Kay Scarpetta series) and Noyce has possibles like Wenceslas Square and Dirt Music, but nothing firmed up. So if Sony decides it really wants things to be Saltier, then don’t be surprised to see all involved take the easy plunge.
After the break, more theoretical sequel talk as Michael Jai White drops a little Black Dynamite 2 dirt. Read More »