You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »
Hello, what have we here? Yes, everyone’s favorite Death Star destroyer and former owner of the Millennium Falcon, Lando Calrissian, will return to the Star Wars universe next week. Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian on the January 19 episode of Star Wars Rebels called Idiot’s Array. Below, see photos and read more about how the Billy Dee Williams Star Wars Rebels cameo.
UPDATE: See a video of Williams voicing the character and several scenes from the episode. Read More »
Now that we’ve had a few hours to digest and discuss the names of actors who are part of Star Wars Episode VII, we figured it was worth looking at a few major names that weren’t mentioned. StarWars.Com released a very short and sweet announcement of the cast and crew, but three major names were oddly, or maybe predictably, absent. They were original Episode VII screenwriter Michael Arndt, series creator and consultant George Lucas and hero of the rebellion, Billy Dee Williams. We’ll break down the missing Star Wars names below. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII has received two custom made Panavision cameras nicknamed “Death Star” and “Millennium Falcon.” Below, check those out as well as these additional Star Wars Bits:
- Peter Mayhew drops of out convention appearance during Star Wars Episode VII filming.
- Lost and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan spoke to J.J. Abrams about Star Wars.
- Meet Jedi Mickey Mouse during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams dances with Chewbacca on The Tonight Show.
- Has J.J. Abrams officially made the move to London?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lando himself, Billy Dee Williams, put the “Star” in Dancing With the Stars Monday night, kicking off the 18th (?!?!) season of the ABC show with a Star Wars inspired dance featuring Stormtroopers, R2-D2 and more. He and partner Emma Slater did a Cha-Cha to John Williams‘ famous theme hoping to play on the audience’s nostalgia. It had mixed results.
Of note, ABC is owned by Disney which now owns Lucasfilm so, this is just corporate synergy its most embarrassing. Still, there is something to take out of this. Check out the video and read more below. Read More »
February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »
When it comes to the original cast of the Star Wars trilogy, most of them give up information pretty easily. Be it Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford or Anthony Daniels, each has said or done something in the past year suggesting they’re going to return to the Star Wars universe, even though nothing is official. Now add Billy Dee Williams to the list.
Williams recently appeared at Rhode Island Comic-Con and mentioned he was about to do a new project for Netflix. He then said it was called “Rebels,” but couldn’t talk about it. The upcoming animated series Star Wars: Rebels isn’t going to be on Netflix, so maybe he misspoke. Or maybe he’s actually doing a show on Netflix and got the title wrong. Or maybe he’s joining Star Wars: Rebels. Either way, it’s a fun little mystery. Dig deeper below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Get ready to revisit the prequels, Angry Birds-style. Also after the jump:
- Knights of the Old Republic gets a birthday sale
- Star Wars will take over Disney’s Club Penguin
- The Star Tours rides are getting an update in 2015
- George Lucas says Star Trek made Star Wars possible
- President Obama gives George Lucas a hug and an award
- Does anyone in Star Wars actually know how to read?
- Billy Dee Williams leads a Star Wars cantina singalong
Read More »