This winter brings Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to theaters. It will be the first theatrically release live-action Star Wars feature film that tells a story outside of the traditional trilogy narrative of the saga. Even though we still have months before we see that film in its entirety, the second movie in the Star Wars Story series is already in the works, and it will focus on the famous smuggler Han Solo before he became caught up with the Rebellion in Star Wars: A New Hope.
Alden Ehrenreich was previously confirmed to play Han Solo, taking the role played memorably by Harrison Ford, and just yesterday we learned that a young Lando Calrissian will be joining him at some point in the movie. Right now the hunt is on for an actor to play the scoundrel friend of Han Solo who made his debut in The Empire Strikes Back and received an expanded role in Return of the Jedi.
After the initial report surfaced, Donald Glover was said to be the frontrunner. But there’s no guarantee he’ll end up with the part when all is said and done, so we came up with a batch of 15 other possibilities for who could play young Lando Calrissian. Some of the choices are obvious, but we dug a little deeper for some of the options to come up with some lesser known names who could catch their big break like Harrison Ford did back in 1977. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: Birth Movies Death is reporting that Community and The Martian star Donald Glover is currently Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s number one choice to play the young Lando. While he has yet to commit to the part and he could easily say no, it’s easy to imagine Glover stepping in for Billy Dee Williams. He has the right mixture of charm, humor, and dramatic chops.
The original article follows.
You know him as Han Solo‘s old buddy, and he once owned the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy before it ended up in the custody of the famous smuggler. Therefore we couldn’t have a Han Solo spin-off without bringing Lando Calrissian into the mix.
A new report indicates that casting for the Star Wars Story that will focus on the younger days of Han Solo is looking to fill a role going by the code name “Chance,” and that character is actually meant to be young Lando Calrissian, the future administrator of Cloud City. Read More »
In today’s Star Wars Episode VIII Bits, we take a look at:
- A new location in Ireland is being scouted for the shoot.
- Reports from the Dubrovnik, Croatia location shoot including Warwick Davis, a space horse and alien creatures. Many set photos and even some videos have been posted online.
- And a new rumor that claims an original trilogy character may be at the center of the scenes at this location.
Possible spoilers beware. All that and more. Hit the jump for hyperspace!
Read More »
Lando Calrissian may not be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but the character is having a renaissance. He appeared in Star Wars Rebels, is returning next season, and is even about to get his own comic book series. But when it comes to Star Wars, the movies are the most important thing and in a new interview, Force Awakens co-writer Lawrence Kasdan has some bad news and good news. The bad news is Lando is not in Episode 7. The good news is he thinks Lando will make a big screen return.
Below, read exactly what Kasdan had to say about Lando and talking about the potential length of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read More »
Concrete information about the new Star Wars movies is a rare commodity. Right now, we don’t know way more than we do know and that lack of definitive knowledge leads to debate, discussion and arguments. These are happening every day amongst Star Wars fans and will continue until Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18. Probably beyond, too, since the story won’t end with that film.
With these Star Wars conversations more prevalent than actual information, we decided to have a little fun. We’ve gone against Han Solo’s better judgement and set some simple, Las Vegas odds against 15 questions fans are currently debating. Most are non-spoiler, a few are (clearly marked) spoilers, but all are very much at the center of the current Star Wars conversation. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A fascinating answer to one of Star Wars Rebels‘ biggest questions headlines this latest edition of Star Wars Bits. In addition, below you can read about the following:
- Billy Dee Williams might appear in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Iko Uwais has a “significant” role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The rumor of a character name in The Force Awakens once again pops up.
- Rumored titles of books tied to The Force Awakens have been revealed as well as the release plans.
- Read a new excerpt to Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- Watch a clip from the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Dave Filoni breaks down season one of Star Wars Rebels and answers the big question, do Kanan and Ezra have to die?
Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »
Hello, what have we here? Yes, everyone’s favorite Death Star destroyer and former owner of the Millennium Falcon, Lando Calrissian, will return to the Star Wars universe next week. Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian on the January 19 episode of Star Wars Rebels called Idiot’s Array. Below, see photos and read more about how the Billy Dee Williams Star Wars Rebels cameo.
UPDATE: See a video of Williams voicing the character and several scenes from the episode. Read More »