In today’s Star Wars Episode VIII Bits, we take a look at:
- A new location in Ireland is being scouted for the shoot.
- Reports from the Dubrovnik, Croatia location shoot including Warwick Davis, a space horse and alien creatures. Many set photos and even some videos have been posted online.
- And a new rumor that claims an original trilogy character may be at the center of the scenes at this location.
Possible spoilers beware. All that and more. Hit the jump for hyperspace!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lando Calrissian may not be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but the character is having a renaissance. He appeared in Star Wars Rebels, is returning next season, and is even about to get his own comic book series. But when it comes to Star Wars, the movies are the most important thing and in a new interview, Force Awakens co-writer Lawrence Kasdan has some bad news and good news. The bad news is Lando is not in Episode 7. The good news is he thinks Lando will make a big screen return.
Below, read exactly what Kasdan had to say about Lando and talking about the potential length of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read More »
Concrete information about the new Star Wars movies is a rare commodity. Right now, we don’t know way more than we do know and that lack of definitive knowledge leads to debate, discussion and arguments. These are happening every day amongst Star Wars fans and will continue until Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18. Probably beyond, too, since the story won’t end with that film.
With these Star Wars conversations more prevalent than actual information, we decided to have a little fun. We’ve gone against Han Solo’s better judgement and set some simple, Las Vegas odds against 15 questions fans are currently debating. Most are non-spoiler, a few are (clearly marked) spoilers, but all are very much at the center of the current Star Wars conversation. Read More »
A fascinating answer to one of Star Wars Rebels‘ biggest questions headlines this latest edition of Star Wars Bits. In addition, below you can read about the following:
- Billy Dee Williams might appear in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Iko Uwais has a “significant” role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The rumor of a character name in The Force Awakens once again pops up.
- Rumored titles of books tied to The Force Awakens have been revealed as well as the release plans.
- Read a new excerpt to Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- Watch a clip from the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Dave Filoni breaks down season one of Star Wars Rebels and answers the big question, do Kanan and Ezra have to die?
Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »
Hello, what have we here? Yes, everyone’s favorite Death Star destroyer and former owner of the Millennium Falcon, Lando Calrissian, will return to the Star Wars universe next week. Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian on the January 19 episode of Star Wars Rebels called Idiot’s Array. Below, see photos and read more about how the Billy Dee Williams Star Wars Rebels cameo.
UPDATE: See a video of Williams voicing the character and several scenes from the episode. Read More »
Now that we’ve had a few hours to digest and discuss the names of actors who are part of Star Wars Episode VII, we figured it was worth looking at a few major names that weren’t mentioned. StarWars.Com released a very short and sweet announcement of the cast and crew, but three major names were oddly, or maybe predictably, absent. They were original Episode VII screenwriter Michael Arndt, series creator and consultant George Lucas and hero of the rebellion, Billy Dee Williams. We’ll break down the missing Star Wars names below. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII has received two custom made Panavision cameras nicknamed “Death Star” and “Millennium Falcon.” Below, check those out as well as these additional Star Wars Bits:
- Peter Mayhew drops of out convention appearance during Star Wars Episode VII filming.
- Lost and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan spoke to J.J. Abrams about Star Wars.
- Meet Jedi Mickey Mouse during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams dances with Chewbacca on The Tonight Show.
- Has J.J. Abrams officially made the move to London?
Read More »