Star Wars Episode VII has received two custom made Panavision cameras nicknamed “Death Star” and “Millennium Falcon.” Below, check those out as well as these additional Star Wars Bits:
- Peter Mayhew drops of out convention appearance during Star Wars Episode VII filming.
- Lost and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan spoke to J.J. Abrams about Star Wars.
- Meet Jedi Mickey Mouse during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams dances with Chewbacca on The Tonight Show.
- Has J.J. Abrams officially made the move to London?
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lando himself, Billy Dee Williams, put the “Star” in Dancing With the Stars Monday night, kicking off the 18th (?!?!) season of the ABC show with a Star Wars inspired dance featuring Stormtroopers, R2-D2 and more. He and partner Emma Slater did a Cha-Cha to John Williams‘ famous theme hoping to play on the audience’s nostalgia. It had mixed results.
Of note, ABC is owned by Disney which now owns Lucasfilm so, this is just corporate synergy its most embarrassing. Still, there is something to take out of this. Check out the video and read more below. Read More »
February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »
When it comes to the original cast of the Star Wars trilogy, most of them give up information pretty easily. Be it Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford or Anthony Daniels, each has said or done something in the past year suggesting they’re going to return to the Star Wars universe, even though nothing is official. Now add Billy Dee Williams to the list.
Williams recently appeared at Rhode Island Comic-Con and mentioned he was about to do a new project for Netflix. He then said it was called “Rebels,” but couldn’t talk about it. The upcoming animated series Star Wars: Rebels isn’t going to be on Netflix, so maybe he misspoke. Or maybe he’s actually doing a show on Netflix and got the title wrong. Or maybe he’s joining Star Wars: Rebels. Either way, it’s a fun little mystery. Dig deeper below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Get ready to revisit the prequels, Angry Birds-style. Also after the jump:
- Knights of the Old Republic gets a birthday sale
- Star Wars will take over Disney’s Club Penguin
- The Star Tours rides are getting an update in 2015
- George Lucas says Star Trek made Star Wars possible
- President Obama gives George Lucas a hug and an award
- Does anyone in Star Wars actually know how to read?
- Billy Dee Williams leads a Star Wars cantina singalong
Read More »
Here’s a video that really works best if it’s not spoiled. Basically, J.J. Abrams appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote Star Trek Into Darkness and, much as with the appearance from Harrison Ford, things turn to Star Wars.
Let’s just say this. If you like J.J. Abrams, Star Wars or Star Trek, or are looking forward to Star Wars Episode VII or Star Trek Into Darkness, you’ll find something surprising to laugh about here. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
We have lots of Star Wars-related odds and ends for you after the jump, including:
- J.J. Abrams says Star Wars and Star Trek are “very different”
- Michael Arndt gets writer’s block, just like the rest of us
- Michael Giacchino wants John Williams to do Episode VII
- Watch a teaser for the fan-made movie Star Wars: Uncut
- Billy Dee Williams really, really, really wants to return
- Another, possibly final, round of layoffs hits Lucasfilm
- Darth Vader choking victim Richard LeParmentier has died
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Read More »