Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s dropping by Conan next month? Here’s a hint: He looks a lot like Will Ferrell. Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves has “no idea” if Bill & Ted 3 will ever happen
- Michael Bay talks Transformers 4: “There was a lot of dynamite”
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 will shoot early next year
- Harrison Ford explains what he’s doing in The Expendables 3
- Trick ‘r Treat director reveals what he wants in the sequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s an extra-chatty edition of Sequel Bits, as everyone has a little something to say about everything. After the jump:
- A $500,000 camera has been stolen from Dumb and Dumber To
- The next Aliens game might be about Ripley’s daughter
- Peter Jackson chats about the score for The Hobbit
- Director thinks National Treasure could shoot in two years
- Dan Aykroyd is going on about Ghostbusters 3 again
- Keanu Reeves chats about Point Break and Speed
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter have been talking about a third Bill & Ted for years, and over the past few years we’ve watched the project slowly move ahead. Winter announced that the script was completed in 2011, and Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) was hired to direct in 2012. But over a year later, production still hasn’t gotten underway, and now Reeves has an explanation as to why.
In a new interview, the actor explained that “darkness” was holding up the project. It’s a much more mysterious answer than the one Winter gave when asked a similar question earlier this year. Hit the jump to read Reeves’s quote.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
If the idea of a Taxi Driver 2 sounds stupid to you, know that Paul Schrader agrees. As a matter of fact, he thinks the concept pitched to him by Robert De Niro in the ’90s was “the dumbest idea that I’ve ever heard.” Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves offers a small Bill & Ted 3 update
- Sean Young calls for a Blade Runner 2 boycott
- James Cameron is finalizing multiple Avatar scripts
- Bravo kills development on their Heathers TV show
- Bruce Willis was too expensive for Expendables 3
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets rated R by the MPAA
- See an early version of the Fast & Furious 7 poster
Read More »
Think about Facebook, iPods, iTunes — all things you might use every single day. They all have seeds in the “little program that could,” called Napster. Co-created by Shawn Fanning and Sean Parker in the late 1990s, the file-sharing service/social network was not only ahead of its time technologically and socially, it completely changed how the public consumes media. If it wasn’t for Fanning and Parker, who knows how long it would have taken for corporations to allow you to download music on your computer or rent one of their movies without leaving your house.
All this is at the center of Downloaded, a brand-new documentary by Alex Winter. Winter (seen above with Fanning and Parker) is best known as an actor (Lost Boys, Bill and Ted) but has been directing for some time. With Downloaded, he tackles a massive topic with authority and energy, telling the story of Napster from its earliest moments through its culture peak and long term fallout. It world premieres this week at South by Southwest in Austin and will be released by VH1 Rock Docs. After that, you’ll be able to see it on demand and online.
We spoke to Winter about Downloaded and found out it was a project he’d been developing for long time before it evolved into its current state. He talked about trying to focus such a huge topic, culling together a huge wealth of media and, of course, The Lost Boys and Bill and Ted 3. Read the interview below. Read More »
South by Southwest is starting this week and one of the more surprising, and exciting, films playing is the Napster documentary Downloaded, directed by Alex Winter. Yes, the same Alex Winter who starred in The Lost Boys and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. The movie is an engaging and entertaining tale of a culture milestone and we’ll have a full interview with Winter talking about the film later this week.
But when you’ve got Alex Winter on the phone, you have to ask him the question: “What’s up with Bill and Ted 3?” We know both he and co-star Keanu Reeves are interested and director Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) is attached. But what’s the latest?
Winter explained that while it might feel like there’s some major hold up with the sequel, that’s simply not the case. He and his co-stars just started talking about the project prematurely and it’s still going through its natural development. Read his quotes below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: