Marvel’s Doctor Strange finished shooting in April and has already released two trailers, which makes it all the weirder that we’re just now learning that Benjamin Bratt appears in the film. And how we learned about his casting is even stranger: his name was listed with the main actors in the small print of the recent Doctor Strange movie poster that was released during Comic-Con 2016. Getting your name in the credit block on the theatrical one sheet typically means you have a big role in the movie. So the question is, who does Benjamin Bratt play in Doctor Strange?
Read More »
After becoming one of the most intimidating meth dealers we’ve ever seen, Bryan Cranston is now on the other side of the law, chasing down one of the most notorious drug dealers in history. The Infiltrator tells the story of the federal agent who went undercover as a money launderer in order to take down Pablo Escobar’s infamous drug trafficking empire back in 1986. A new trailer for the crime thriller has just arrived, and it looks like a refreshing bit of counter-programming to the usual blockbuster fare that arrives during the summer.
Watch The Infiltrator trailer after the jump. Read More »
Just a few weeks ago, a new trailer for Ride Along 2 showed Ice Cube and Kevin Hart embarking on another case in Miami. But that wasn’t enough for Universal, because they released a new trailer with the must-see Creed over the Thanksgiving weekend. This one has more Ken Jeong, lamb burgers, and an alligator. That sounds wacky, right?
Watch the new Ride Along 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
If you thought that Kevin Hart already proved that he was worthy of the love of Ice Cube‘s sister (Tika Sumpter) in Ride Along, think again. Just because Ben Barber (Hart) gained a little common ground with man of the law James Payton (Cube) doesn’t mean the latter is ready to become brothers-in-law, whether it’s through marriage or at the police station.
But when a drug trafficking problem requires some serious attention in Miami, for some reason Ben is allowed to tag along with James, making for his own tropical training day to prove his worth as a viable husband and police officer. Like most comedy sequels, it’s basically the same formula repeated again with slightly different jokes, and this new Ride Along 2 trailer doesn’t do anything to make us think otherwise. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
This weekend’s Straight Outta Compton takes us back to Ice Cube‘s roots as a gangsta rap pioneer. This week’s Ride Along 2 trailer brings us back to his present as an actor (among other things) who’s really good at playing cranky cops.
The action-comedy sequel reunites Ice Cube’s James with Kevin Hart‘s Ben, who is now a full-fledged cop. The two stumble onto a big case that takes them to Miami, where Ben proceeds to screw things up as usual. Director Tim Story and co-star Tika Sumpter return, Ken Jeong, Olivia Munn, Benjamin Bratt, and Sherri Shepherd tag along for the ride. Watch the Ride Along 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sorry, Breaking Bad fans: Aaron Paul says he won’t appear in Better Call Saul after all. Also after the jump:
- The next Beverly Hills Cop will head to Michigan
- Mission: Impossible 5 might film in the Houses of Parliament
- Benjamin Bratt hops on for Ride Along 2
- Pitch Perfect 2 adds Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- A top GM designer has a cameo in Transformers 4
- Mark Wahlberg promises Ted is as lovably awful as ever
- Stanley Tucci is glad Mockingjay was split in two
- David Duchovny wants more X-Files movies
- Watch another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
The first 24: Live Another Day trailer was released during the Super Bowl last month. But the first 24: Live Another Day trailer featuring actual footage from the series was revealed this weekend.
In it, CIA head Steve Harris (Benjamin Bratt) spots Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) for the first time in years. Like us in the audience, he seems excited to see Jack; unlike us, it’s because he thinks Jack is a bad guy.
But that’s not even the biggest of Jack’s worries. As he warns Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub), “If the American president is assassinated on foreign soil, you’re looking at a world war.” And the only man who can stop such a cataclysmic event is… well, you can probably guess. Watch the pulse-pounding promo after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
The first teaser for 24: Live Another Day debuted during the Super Bowl, but since we’ve yet to receive a full-length trailer we’re still mostly in the dark as to what the show will actually look like. Happily, we have a slightly better idea today since Fox has revealed a big batch of stills.
The new 24: Live Another Day images feature returning characters Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) and Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub), along with lots of fresh faces played by Yvonne Strahovski, Benjamin Bratt, Tate Donovan, and more. See them all after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
Steve Carell doesn’t actually need to dress up as Gru to play him for Despicable Me 2, but don’t tell him that. Also after the jump:
- Broken Lizard is planning Weedfest and Super Troopers 2
- Despicable Me 2‘s villainous El Macho is finally revealed
- See new pics and a filmmakers’ message from Insidious Chapter 2
- James Wan explores Abu Dhabi as a potential Fast 7 location
- Michelle Rodriguez glowers in her Machete Kills poster
Read More »