Posted on Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Today’s edition of Star Wars Bits is jam-packed with galactic-sized goodness, so we don’t even time for a proper introduction. We don’t! Honest! We really just need to dive into the details as fast as possible and not waste time at the top here. Cool? Cool. Okay, here’s what you’ll find contained within:
- Princess Leia arrives on the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega teases a dark future for Finn.
- J.J. Abrams has advice for the young Han Solo actor.
- A glimpse of a Rogue One: A Star Wars Story X-Wing.
- Jabba the Hutt may return in a future Star Wars movie.
- A Kickstarter-funded Star Wars documentary has found a distributor.
- Benicio del Toro chats about Star Wars: Episode 8 and his villainous role.
- A fascinating interview with the man who played Jar Jar Binks.
- Take a look at every type of lightsaber out there.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 by Angie Han
It was always a given that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 would bring back its five core cast members (Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel). But the status of the franchise’s supporting characters have been a little less certain. Yondu (Michael Rooker) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) are both confirmed to return; Ronan (Lee Pace), not so much. And what about the Collector? According to Benicio Del Toro, he won’t be back for the next installment, either. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 by Jack Giroux
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Paramount Pictures has finally released the domstic trailer for The Little Prince, you can watch The little Prince trailer embedded after the jump, alongside the previously released international trailer.
Read More »
If you haven’t ventured out to theaters to see the drug trafficking action thriller Sicario, allow me to recommend that you stop dragging your feet and take a chance on what may be one of the best films of the year. It’s an intense, white knuckle flick featuring a bad ass performance from Emily Blunt, and a scene-stealing turn from Benicio del Toro.
And when you see the film, you probably won’t realize there are actually a bunch of impressive, unnoticeable visual effects in the movie. But a Sicario visual effects reel from Oblique FX shows just what was real and what was digitally created. Having just seen the movie recently, I was floored after learning just how many visual effects were employed. However, if you haven’t seen Sicario, beware of minor spoilers. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following:
- Star Wars 8 director Rian Johnson tweets out a photo of his screenplay.
- The new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is supposedly edited and making the corporate rounds.
- When is the final Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer getting released? October? November?
- New details on what to expect in the Star Wars Battlefront beta.
- See the comic cover art for Darth Vader #15, the grand finale of Marvel’s upcoming crossover event “Vader Down”.
- Benicio del Toro explains what he likes about his Star Wars Episode VIII director Rian Johnson.
- See Paul Shipper’s amazing Star Wars: The Force Awakens character prints.
- And the header photo is Daniel Hoogkamp‘s BB-8 pumpkin.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace to get started.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Of any film in current release right now, the one that seems least likely to get a sequel is Denis Villeneuve‘s drug war thriller Sicario. But that sequel is exactly the one that is supposedly in development right now.
Since most of you haven’t seen Sicario yet — it opened in just six theaters this past weekend and will expand over the next couple weeks — we’ll keep any specifics until after the break.
Read More »
As you know, Benicio Del Toro has been cast in Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens follow-up Star Wars: Episode VIII (currently untitled). When the casting was first reported by industry website The Wrap, they claimed that the role was the villain role for the upcoming installment. But now the actor is hinting that he might not be actually playing the villain in the new film, but is this just a bit of misdirection? Find out more about the Benicio Del Toro Star Wars role, after the jump.
Read More »
Not too long ago, Benicio del Toro confirmed rumors that he was taking a role in the next chapter of the new Star Wars trilogy. In addition, reports have indicated that he will have some kind of villain role, though Disney and Lucasfilm haven’t confirmed anything.
However, del Toro seems to have been given permission to talk about the film as he has just seemingly confirmed the villain part of the equation while also revealing when Star Wars Episode 8 shooting actually begins. Read More »
Now that we know not only the major cast members for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but also their character names and some of the ways they fit into the story, it’s time to actually see that film, right? Well, yes, but because LucasFilm is already moving forward with not only the first Star Wars Anthology film, but the next proper episode in the series, we also have Episode VIII news to contend with.
The first new bit of information about that movie is that Benicio del Toro has been offered the Star Wars Episode VIII villain role. Whether he’ll take it or not remains to be seen, and precisely how he fits into the story’s overall span remains unknown.
Update: Benicio del Toro has confirmed talks for Star Wars: Episode VIII to Entertainment Tonight, saying “I think that it might happen. It looks like it’s gonna happen, so I’m very excited.” Original story follows.
Read More »