Lots of talk, discussion and speculation surrounding The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits, but lots more too. Below, read about the following:
- How many views did the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer get in the first 72 hours?
- The code name for the 2016 Star Wars Stand Alone has been revealed.
- Two new actors have been revealed for The Force Awakens along with their roles.
- Watch Good Morning America‘s “exclusive” revelation about The Force Awakens trailer.
- Marvel announces big events for release of Star Wars #1.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about not being in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- The mystery of Clone Troopers vs. Storm Troopers is settled by the official Star Wars Twitter.
- John Boyega responds to hateful comments of his role in The Force Awakens.
- David Prowse would have loved to be in The Force Awakens.
- Watch a video of the Alamo Drafthouse Force Awakens trailer event.
- Read a line of dialogue from The Force Awakens, a setting description and maybe the opening of the film.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This morning, Disney and Lucasfilm released the first trailer for JJ Abrams‘s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You can watch that awesome trailer here, in case you haven’t seen it already. (Or if, like me, you want to watch it over and over again.) And for those of you who really want to take in all of the visuals revealed in the first Star Wars Episode 7 teaser trailer, we have compiled a batch of high resolution images from the film to let you take in all the awesomeness one image at a time. Hit the jump to see the Star Wars The Force Awakens photos now.
Update: We have added a Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer commentary video after the jump.
Read More »
New episodes of Sherlock probably won’t hit the air, at least in America, until 2016. If we’re lucky, maybe late 2015, but nothing is set in stone. Well, that’s not entirely true. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, who’ll both be seen in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, will soon shoot a special episode of the show that will air during 2015.
We don’t know exactly what will happen in the episode as the finale of the third season offered quite the cliffhanger, but we have the first image that hints at the story. Maybe this episode won’t actually be in sequential order with the rest of the show. Check out the Sherlock special image and see for yourself. Read More »
Directed by Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) and starring Benedict Cumberbatch as pioneering and unjustly prosecuted computer scientist Alan Turing, The Imitation Game has been squarely established as a key player in this year’s awards race. That means it can be easy to talk about Cumberbatch’s Oscar chances rather than the film itself. But set aside questions about awards for now. Focus instead on the fact that there’s a big movie about a man who has long been celebrated in scientific circles, and who is also known for his sexuality and the shameful way he was treated by his country because of it. See a final Imitation Game trailer below.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s been a big 24 hours for animated spinoffs about adorable groups of tiny, often incompetent helpers. Last night we got our first Minions trailer, and today we have the last Penguins of Madagascar trailer.
The action adventure sees Skipper (Tom McGrath), Kowalski (Chris Miller), Rico (John DiMaggio), and Private (Christopher Knights) facing a threat from Dr. Octavius Brine (voiced by John Malkovich), an octopus with ties to the penguins’ past. In order to take him down, they join forces with an elite organization called the North Wind, led by the cranky, no-nonsense Agent Classified (voiced by notable penguin mispronouncer Benedict Cumberbatch).
Watch the new Penguins of Madagascar trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
After cycling through seemingly every notable actor in town, Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange may have finally zeroed in on a lead. Benedict Cumberbatch is reportedly in talks to play the Sorcerer Supreme in the superhero pic, which is expected out in 2016. Scott Derrickson is directing.
Hit the jump for more on the possible Benedict Cumberbatch Doctor Strange casting.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’re pretty familiar with the sight of good actors jumping and rolling about in mo-cap suits while doing performance capture work for effects-based films. We’re especially familiar with that image when it comes to Peter Jackson‘s Middle-Earth movies. And yet there’s something special about seeing Benedict Cumberbatch, whose on-screen presence radiates control and composure, crawling on his belly and fire-breathing dialogue for the worm Smaug in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. A few short featurettes about the creation of the dragon, and the Smaug mo-cap work, have gone online. They’re probably more fun than at least half the other stuff you could be watching. Check out a few below. Read More »