Posted on Thursday, December 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
If Noah Baumbach‘s last film, Frances Ha, was a pitch-perfect examination of young adulthood, his next one, While We’re Young, looks like an equally astute look at middle adulthood. Ben Stiller and Naomi Watts star as a 40something married couple who befriend a 20something hipster couple (played by Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried). Watch the first While We’re Young trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Zoolander 2 is one of those films that has been talked about for years, with original director and star Ben Stiller saying it is developing, if slowly. Now there’s a script, but still the wheels have been slow to turn. But we’ve had two other high-profile comedy sequels, Anchorman 2 and Dumb and Dumber To, and they might be empowering Stiller’s own idiot alter-ego Derek Zoolander to travel back to the screen. Zoolander 2 has just cast Penelope Cruz, and that’s a pretty good indication that something is really about to happen. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, people talk about movies they’re doing, movies they wish they were doing, and movies they’re probably never doing. After the jump:
- Helen Mirren would “love” to do Fast and the Furious
- Daniel Radcliffe wants a cameo in Sharknado 3
- Evil Dead 2 is dead, according to star Jane Levy
- Justin Theroux thinks Ben Stiller may helm Zoolander 2
- Simon Pegg talks up Star Trek 3 director Roberto Orci
- Rumor has it Lea Seydoux could be the next Bond girl
- … and Sam Smith may be the next Bond theme singer
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Everyone’s favorite museum security guard is at it again in the Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb trailer. This time, Larry (Ben Stiller) and his pals are concerned that there’s something wrong with the tablet that brings the exhibits to life every night.
This requires them to travel to the British Museum, where the tablet’s creator (Ben Kingsley) resides, and where they get to meet, among others, the dashing hero Lancelot (Downton Abbey‘s Dan Stevens) and a very Rebel Wilson-y security guard played by Rebel Wilson. Hit the jump to watch the first Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb trailer.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb opens December 19 and it’ll be the third and final film in the trilogy. Directed by Shawn Levy, the films star Ben Stiller as a museum security guard who discovers everything in the museum comes to life after hours. In this third film, the group – which includes characters played by Robin Williams, Owen Wilson and Steven Coogan – travel to London when the artifact that makes their nightly lives begins to decay.
The first few images from the film have now been released, including glimpses of Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, The Guest) as Sir Lancelot and the revelation the film goes out of the museum and onto the streets. The trailer hits later this week but, for now, see the first Night at the Museum 3 images below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
We’ve seen Magic Mike and will soon get the sequel, Magic Mike XXL. But what about a film that tells the real story of the Chippendales male dance revue? Alan Ball (True Blood) wrote and is now looking at directing a Chippendales story called I Am Chippendale. He’s got Ben Stiller in talks for the lead role, which should give his old Blue Steel muscles a real workout. Read More »
One of the biggest Hollywood releases this Christmas is Ben Stiller‘s remake The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, a family-friendly tale of a lonely man whose day dreams inspire him to go on a globe trotting adventure. In the end, he’ll try to become the best possible version of himself.
When you see it, you’ll realize not only did Stiller (who directed and stars) have a lot of story to tell, he had a ton of different tones to balance, which is an incredibly difficult thing for any director. To manage the task, he was forced to cut an entire alternate opening of the film. At a recent Q&A presented by Film Independent at LACMA, he explained what the scene entailed and why he cut it. It’s a pretty awesome look inside the directorial mind of a man best known for being a humorous actor. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
There have been no shortage of teasers, trailers, and clips for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Ben Stiller‘s latest directorial effort, but for the most part the footage has been revealed in brief one- or two-minute increments. Today, we have a brand-new trailer for the romantic adventure that clocks in at six minutes long.
Based on the 1939 short story by James Thurber and the 1947 movie inspired by same, Stiller’s Walter Mitty follows a timid Life Magazine photo editor who constantly daydreams to escape his dull life. When his job is threatened, however, he sets out on an epic journey every bit as incredible as the elaborate fantasy sequences he’s concocted in his head. Watch the latest promo after the jump.
Read More »