Posted on Saturday, February 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Fox’s Gotham has finally found its Jim Gordon. Ben McKenzie, known for his work in Southland and The O.C., is set to play the future police commissioner in the DC-based prequel. Funnily enough, this won’t be McKenzie’s first visit to Gotham City — he voiced Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman in Warner Home Video’s Batman: Year One, an adaptation of Frank Miller’s comic. Hit the jump for new plot details and more.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
After Frank Miller wrote the end of Batman’s story in The Dark Knight Returns, he and the brilliant comic artist David Mazzucchelli took to the pages of Batman’s regular comic series to remap the character’s origin in Year One. Those issues (Batman #404-407 in 1987) became one of the landmark Batman stories. For almost twenty-five years Year One has had a lasting effect on major Batman storylines, even instigating the scuttled Darren Aronofsky Batman film a decade ago, and eventually providing a good deal of inspiration to Christopher Nolan’s subsequent film Batman Begins.
Warner Premiere is continuing its series of animated DC Comics films with a direct to DVD animated take on Batman: Year One, starring Ben McKenzie as Batman, Bryan Cranston as Lt. James Gordon, Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, and Katee Sackhoff as Detective Sarah Essen. We’ve already seen some art, and for a moment there was a ten-minute making of featurette that has since been taken offline. Now there is a trailer, which you can see after the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises isn’t the only new Batman film in the works. Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation are continuing their string of animated DC films with a long-awaited animated version of Batman: Year One, the seminal Batman origin story written by Frank Miller and drawn by the incomprable David Mazzucchelli in 1987.
Now the core voice cast has been announced, which includes Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff. And there are two images available, too. One is above, and the other follows after the break. Read More »