In this edition of TV Bits:
- Beerfest is being developed as a digital series.
- Director Joe Swanberg (Digging for Fire) is writing, directing, and executive producing Netflix’s Easy.
- Neil Patrick Harris is finally confirmed to star in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- Harris will be joined by Patrick Warburton (The Tick) in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- Malachi Kirby will star in an episode of Black Mirror.
- Sarah Wayne is returning to Prison Break.
- Lionsgate is launching a Comic-Con channel.
Read More »
Trailers are an under-appreciated art form insofar that many times they’re seen as vehicles for showing footage, explaining films away, or showing their hand about what moviegoers can expect. Foreign, domestic, independent, big budget: I celebrate all levels of trailers and hopefully this column will satisfactorily give you a baseline of what beta wave I’m operating on, because what better way to hone your skills as a thoughtful moviegoer than by deconstructing these little pieces of advertising? Some of the best authors will tell you that writing a short story is a lot harder than writing a long one, that you have to weigh every sentence. What better medium to see how this theory plays itself out beyond that than with movie trailers?
Read More »