Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
From Up On Poppy Hill, co-written by Hayao Miyazaki and directed by Gor? Miyazaki, was Studio Ghibli’s big 2011 release. It tells the story of two high school students hoping to clean up their hometown who run up against the corporate mindset of a local businessman. When the film came out in Japan last summer, it was a success for the legendary company and soon after, producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy decided to bring it to North America via GKids. The film will be released in November for an Oscar qualifying run followed by a wider release in March 2013. Its impressive English language voice cast has now been revealed. Read the full list after the jump. Read More »
The first trailer for The Descendants, Alexander Payne‘s first feature film as director since Sideways in 2004, set up a lot of story: George Clooney is a relatively uninvolved dad who has to step up and take care of his two daughters when his wife suffers an accident, only to learn that there are things about his wife’s life he didn’t know.
This second trailer is more of a teaser that puts the movie across as a more gentle, perhaps even quirky story than we saw in the full trailer. It tells us that the fact that the story takes place in Hawaii shouldn’t lead us to expect something cheery and easy, but then offers up a relatively cheery and easy look at the film. Oh, and the trailer is propped up in the middle by a nice two-part quote from some guy named Peter Sciretta. Check it out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It has been seven long years since Alexander Payne last had a film in theaters. He’s done a lot of work since Sideways, producing some films (Cedar Rapids) and television (Hung) and working to develop quite a few projects. He spent some significant time on the film Downsizing, which was shelved late in development; that’s when he jumped at making The Descendants with George Clooney. This one is right in Payne’s wheelhouse: the story of a father dealing with his two daughters after an accident leaves his wife terrible injured. While trying to get back into being a proper father, he discovers that his wife had been having an affair, and things get emotional from there.
The first trailer has landed, and fans of Alexander Payne’s previous films will probably love it. Everyone else should check it out just for a brief bit featuring Robert Forster. Read More »