Posted on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Much like a certain alcoholic department store Santa, Bad Santa 2 has struggled for a long time to get its act together. But at long last, things are starting to look up. Following last week’s news that Billy Bob Thornton is officially set to return as Willie, the holiday comedy sequel has found itself a new director in Mark Waters (Mean Girls). Oh, and Tony Cox (Willie’s partner) and Brett Kelly (the kid) are also coming back. More about the Bad Santa 2 director after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, October 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Here’s an early Christmas present for those of you who like your holidays razor-sharp, pitch-black, and reeking of stale booze and cigarettes. Billy Bob Thornton is officially confirmed to return for Bad Santa 2, as announced by Miramax and Broad Green Pictures. More on the Billy Bob Thornton Bad Santa 2 return after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Some odds and ends from the world of sequels. After the jump:
- Krang is rumored to be in Ninja Turtles 2
- Gramercy Pictures relaunches with Insidious 3
- Leslie Mann and Kat Dennings join Croods 2
- Independence Day 2 adds Patrick St. Esprit
- … and Vivica A. Fox discusses her return
- Warner Bros. sets Project XX for summer 2016
- Bad Santa 2 is hoping to shoot this fall
- Mimi Rogers boards the Ash vs. Evil Dead show
- Magic Mike XXL reveals a sexy new poster
- Terminator Genisys unleashes another TV spot
Read More »
Bad Santa 2 has been discussed for years, despite the fact that original writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have moved on to their own directing career and there’s no indication that original director Terry Zwigoff will return. Rather, Hot Tub Time Machine director Steve Pink was linked to the film, both as writer and director, then Doug Ellin (Entourage) was said to be a potential writer/director. Now star Billy Bob Thornton says the project is still developing. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Mike Myers has a documentary at the Toronto International Film Festival, but what’s the latest on the Austin Powers series? Read his response below, along with a bunch of other sequel news including:
- A sequel to Eli Roth‘s upcoming The Green Inferno is now in development. It’s called Beyond the Green Inferno.
- Director Zach Lipovsky explains how the Leprechaun film, Leprechaun: Origins, is a reboot and not a sequel.
- Billy Bob Thornton isn’t sure when Bad Santa 2 is going to happen.
- The main voice actors are set to return for The Croods 2.
Read More »
That Bad Santa sequel we’ve heard about for such a long just got some HBO swagger. Doug Ellin, the creator of Entourage, has signed on to rewrite, and possibly direct Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa 2. The actor is hoping to shoot the R-rated Christmas comedy at the end of the year. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 by Angie Han
Billy Bob Thornton‘s been talking up a possible Bad Santa 2 for the past couple of years, saying the 2003 comedy’s the only one of his films he wants to do a sequel for. Now it seems his Christmas wish is about to come true. A new report indicates that Hot Tub Time Machine helmer Steve Pink has just entered preliminary talks to rewrite and direct the dark holiday comedy. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Billy Bob Thornton is in Berlin this week with the latest film he directed, Jayne Mansfield’s Car. Reviews are hitting today and a quick scan suggests the response is middling but more favorable than not.
The actor/director is also doing interview rounds, and the subject is ranging to more than his current film. In fact, Thornton says that the oft-discussed sequel to Bad Santa will finally shoot this fall. In addition, he’s prepping to direct another film, tentatively titled And Then We Drove. That one is a road movie inspired in part by Thornton’s marriage to Angelina Jolie, though she isn’t likely to be in the film. Details on both follow after the jump. Read More »