Everyone is talking about Back to the Future today, and it’s no surprise. Yes, today is October 21st, 2015, the exact date in the future that Doc Brown took Marty McFly in Back to the Future Part II. I have a collection of announcements, news, videos, and art that are just too good to go to waste, so I present to you the second-ever edition of Back to the Future Bits. Here is what you can find in today’s edition of the Hill Valley Telegraph:
- Christopher Lloyd reprises his role as Doc Brown to send us a message on BTTF day.
- Bob Gale shows off and tells the story behind iconic props from the franchise.
- Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd reunite to help launch a new Toyota car featuring Part II tech.
- FringeFocus’s awesome “From the Desk of Doc Brown” print.
- Pepsi Perfect sells out and angers many fans.
- Back to the Future beer announced.
- Toyota releases a new edition of Marty McFly’s dream truck.
- Lyft launches DeLorean rides on BTTF Day.
- See a beautiful new Back to the Future painting by artist Paul Shipper.
- Bob Gale and Michael Klastorin reveal the story behind the making of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History.
- The first issue of the Back to the Future comic book has already gone into a second printing with a special new BTTF Day cover.
- A Back to the Future filming location music video.
- Stars Lea Thompson and Christopher Lloyd play “Save or Kill”.
- How Back to the Future 2 Should Have Started.
- Watch a teaser trailer for the upcoming BTTF porn parody Fap to the Future. Or don’t.
- Bottleneck Gallery releases hoverboard pins.
All that and more. Hit the jump to hit 88 miles per hour to see some “serious shit.”
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Hopefully many of you will be taking a trip back in time and to the future with celebratory screenings of Back to the Future. Whether it’s just Back to the Future Part II or the whole damn trilogy, Back to the Future Day is the perfect time to relive Robert Zemeckis’ classic sci-fi adventure. And now that we’re officially in the future, why not dress in style?
No, we’re not saying you need to wear your pockets inside out, double up on neckties, or get bionic implants (though the latter could be awesome). Instead, why not have your feet do some time traveling with Rock ‘Em Apparel‘s new Back to the Future socks collection? The way I see it, if you’re gonna wear socks, you might as well have some fun with them. Read More »
It’s officially Back to the Future Day, which means it’s time to get your hands on cool gear like Pepsi Perfect and Mondo‘s collectible vinyl release of the soundtracks to each film in the trilogy. And now there are even more ways to celebrate your love for Back to the Future today.
Mondo has unveiled another Back to the Future Day treat with two new pieces of artwork that will be on sale today. And Hero Complex Gallery has new Back to the Future pieces by Craig Drake paying tribute to the iconic DeLorean time machine, along with a new poster from Ape Meets Girl. Check out the Back to the Future artwork after the jump! Read More »
The holy grail for most movie geeks is J. W. Rinzler’s The Making of Star Wars and Indiana Jones books, which offer in-depth looks at the making of some of the greatest films of all time. But it’s rare for films to get this kind of treatment, which is why it’s so great to see that Michael Klastorin‘s Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History does just that.
If you are a Back to the Future fan, this book will blow you away. I’m a hardcore obsessive who thought I knew and saw everything having to do with the film, but almost every other page of this book had a quote or an image that I had never seen before. To help promote the book’s release this week, I thought I’d take a look at the 11 coolest things I found in this book. Hit the jump to go 88mph and see some never-before-seen photos from behind the scenes of Back to the Future. And by the way, you can order the book now on Amazon.
Read More »
Obviously we’re huge fans of Back to the Future here at /Film, and we can’t wait for all the fun that awaits us on Back to the Future Day next week. However, the bandwagon is getting a little full with all the promotions being tied into the time traveling film franchise at this point.
While we’re fine with all the merchandise being sold to commemorate the films, such as the Pepsi Perfect bottles and Mondo vinyl soundtrack releases, some of the tie-ins from unrelated companies is a little overboard. Just recently a Toyota ad with Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox surfaced, which is fine since Toyota is actual a prominent brand in the movie, but now there’s a Mercedes Back to the Future set of advertisements as well. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you don’t know that Back to the Future Day is coming up next week, then you are either deaf and blind or you don’t read /Film more than twice a month. The celebration of the most iconic time travel film franchise is nearly upon us, and there are plenty of big events happening and cool little promotions like Pepsi Perfect on October 21st, 2015.
This is all because that date is when Doc (Christopher Lloyd) and Marty (Michael J. Fox) travel to 2015 in Back to the Future Part II. However, as we know, the 2015 of the movie isn’t the same as the year we’re living in now (there’s even a short that will explain why that’s the case). But what if Doc and Marty ended up going Back to the Future in real 2015 instead? Read More »
On /Film, we have Superhero Bits daily, Star Wars Bits and Sequel Bits a few times a week, and occasionally we’ll run a TV Bits. Today we add a new one to the line, Back to the Future Bits. No, don’t expect to see this round-up as a regular column, but with Back to the Future Day coming up next week (remember Marty and Doc arrived on October 21st, 2015) there are just too many news stories, announcements, and fun tidbits not to share with you. So today I present to you the first (and possibly only) edition of Back to the Future Bits. Here is what you can expect:
- Writer/producer Bob Gale answers fan questions.
- We get an update on Back to the Future: The Musical.
- Christopher Lloyd and Michael J Fox tease a big announcement from Toyota coming on October 21st 2015.
- Find out where you can get a Back to the Future Day t-shirt.
- Claudia Wells reprises her role as Jennifer Parker for a Back to the Future short film showing what happened the night of October 26th 1985.
- Find out how to recreate the Flux Capacitor cheaply with everyday materials.
- Back to the Future series director Robert Zemeckis admits the movie wouldn’t have been made today.
- Bob Gale talks about what he got right and wrong about his Back to the Future Part II predictions, including the Cubs going to the 2015 World Series.
- Listen/watch a rocking remix of Back to the Future by Eclectic Method.
- And the header image is of a Back to the Future DeLorean time machine golf cart created for The Red Deer College 30th Annual Golf Classic.
All that and more, in Back to the Future bits. Hit the jump to 88 miles an hour to see some serious shit.
Read More »
This year, luxury automobile manufacturer Lexus turned the future into the present by making a real working hoverboard, thanks to the science of super-cooled magnets. We’re still a long way off from having hoverboards on streets around the world, but it’s at least a step in the right direction.
However, in honor of Back to the Future Day coming up in just under a couple weeks, Universal Pictures has unleashed an official hoverboard commercial, touting the Mattel branded toy of the future, as if it were a product of the present. Read More »
Mondo is announcing a beautiful 6-LP vinyl box set for the Back to the Future trilogy, in addition to individual album releases. The vinyls feature fully restored music from original master recordings under the supervision of composer Alan Silvestri, never-before-released tracks from the sequels, exclusive liner notes contributed by series screenwriter Bob Gale, and incredible artwork by DKNG Studios and Matt Taylor. The box set and individual vinyls will both go on sale on Back to the Future Day, October 21st 2015. Find out a lot more information about the Mondo Back to the Future vinyl set and see some images of the fantastic art, after the jump.
Read More »