Posted on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
That third Atlas Shrugged you didn’t ask for is on the way. Also after the jump:
- Who wants to be an extra in Captain America?
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks up Red 2 and Jack Ryan
- Here’s what Al Pacino will look like in Despicable Me 2
- Check out another new Star Trek Into Darkness image
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals some kick-ass character posters
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation gets an action-packed featurette
Read More »
Next time someone talks about how critics don’t matter (it’s bound to happen with the summer movie wave encroaching) just point to Atlas Shrugged: Part I. The miserable-looking partial adaptation of Ayn Rand‘s massive novel has taken in a paltry few million in the past two weeks, with a near-50% drop-off between weekends.
Now producer John Aglialoro, who spent years trying to make the film, says he might abandon his plans to continue the adaption with two more movies. And while there’s a part of me that wants to accept the overwhelming commercial power of the movie critic, in this case I have to wonder if Atlas Shrugged wasn’t actually done in by the fact of being a lousy movie. Read More »