The first trailer for Scary Movie 5 is out, and watching it might be like experiencing deja vu. Much like another upcoming horror spoof, A Haunted House, the main drive of the film is based on the Paranormal Activity series, and features a young couple (here played by Ashley Tisdale and Simon Rex) trying to figure out what evil, possibly influenced by Black Swan, is haunting their house. Marlon Wayans stars in the competing film, which is confusing because it was he and his brothers who started the Scary Movie franchise in the first place.
It’s all very fluid and weird and, based on this trailer, not particularly funny. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits is jam-packed with geeky goodness. After the jump:
- Arrested Development starts filming new episodes
- New character and plot details emerge for NBC’s Hannibal
- Syfy and Bryan Fuller are adapting The Lotus Caves
- Guillermo del Toro talks about Marvel’s Hulk TV series
- The Wire‘s McNulty was almost on Game of Thrones
- Showtime has new promos for Season 2 of Homeland
- Take a peek at the second season of NBC’s Grimm
- Watch a new trailer for Season 3 of HBO’s Treme
- NBC unwraps an extended preview for Revolution
- Get a first look at Ashley Tisdale on Sons of Anarchy
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
As production gets underway, news is coming in fast and heavy from the Iron Man 3 set. After the jump:
- Iron Man 3 to shoot in Miami; see set pics with Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle now
- Photos from the North Carolina set confirm A.I.M. will play a role in Iron Man 3
- Ridley Scott toned down Prometheus for U.K. rating, won’t release director’s cut
- Erica Ash will play Ashley Tisdale‘s BFF and rival in Scary Movie 5
- Damon Lindelof talks converting Star Trek 2 to 3D, the possibility of doing Star Trek 3
Read More »
After four Scary Movies, it seems like Anna Faris has been replaced by another funny blonde actress. Ashley Tisdale, best known for Disney’s High School Musical series, has been tapped to star in the latest edition of the franchise, Scary Movie 5, which will be directed Malcolm Lee and co-written and produced by David Zucker. Zucker wrote and directed the last two installments, but is splitting duties with Lee this time around.
The film, which starts shooting this summer, will reportedly spoof films such as Black Swan, Paranormal Activity, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and 127 Hours. Read more after the jump. Read More »
There are a lot of Award shows in Hollywood. Some of them are serious presentations, awarding accomplishment and talent: the Academy Awards, the Golden Globes..etc. Other award shows are nothing more than pure spectacle. The MTV Movie Awards falls into the latter category. Every year we post the award winners, and every year we complain about how some tween heartthrob, this year – Zac Efron, beats out some insanely talented actor, this year Robert Downey Jr, for Best Male Performance. Or how Twilight beat out both The Dark Knight and Slumdog Millionaire to win Best Movie.
But truth is, we love to bitch about the MTV Movie Awards, which explains why I’m posting these results. It’s certainly not that we give credence to this list of winners. Any award show which gives out five statues to Twilight can’t be taken seriously. So leave your comments below. Be smart, clever, funny, and biting.
Read More »
In the year 2115, two robot scientists will compare 1989 and 2009 using the original version of Teen Witch and United Artists‘ Teen Witch remake starring the girl/”global brand” above, Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical, bright backgrounds). Cue robotic eye rolling. I checked on IMDB and thankfully, the cornerstone of the cheeky original, Zelda Rubenstein (right) is still alive, so UA better call her up for a tween-appealing cameo or face a spell not worthy of Carol Anne.
This might not be totally accurate, but I believe the original movie ranks on 20somethin’ girls’ endearing nostalgia-meter right around where American Ninja or Cyborg ranks with dudes of the same age. So it’s not exactly a female Fletch, but Tisdale has her bedazzled work cut out for her. Can she top the original’s rather amazing signature musical number entitled “Top That!”? That is a rhetorical question, but we’ve included the link to “Top That!” for your enjoyment. Yes, it’s friggin’ worth it.
Discuss: Does this make your day?
Cool Posts From Around the Web: