Though Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger have teamed up in the past, it’s never been like this. The first trailer for their October action film Escape Plan has just come online and it features the icons as foes turned friends who team up to escape the world’s most inescapable prison.
Formerly called The Tomb, Escape Plan is directed by Mikael Håfström and also features Jim Caviezel, Curtis Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
As one big time zombie film hits the big screen, another one just nabbed a big time star. Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed on to producer and star in a film called Maggie, based on a Black List script by John Scott 3. He’ll star as a father during a zombie apocalypse who travels around with his daughter as she slowly turns into a zombie. Chloe Moretz was circling the daughter role last year, but dropped out. Henry Hobson is directing and filming is scheduled for the Fall. Read More »
Jumping off the recent news that the rights to the Terminator movies might head over to Paramount, the star of the franchise has a potentially exciting update. Arnold Schwarzenegger was at a conference in Australia and said Terminator 5 should start filming in January 2014. Plus, he added he’ll be back playing a Terminator, not just a human side character. Read the quote below. Read More »
Paramount is about to add another massive franchise to its stable. Last week, sources revealed the studio reacquired the full rights to make new Friday the 13th and South Park movies and now, they’re in negotiations to acquire distribution rights for the Terminator franchise.
Megan Ellison‘s Annapurna Pictures and David Ellison‘s Skydance Productions own the rights to the film series about the epic struggle between man and machine. They hired screenwriters Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier to write a fifth installment back in January and Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to return for a fifth film. No director is attached. Read More »
Briefly: Lionsgate/Summit has given new dates to two Sylvester Stallone films. The first is Sly’s latest team-up with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Once called The Tomb, the picture is now titled Escape Plan, and the studio has bounced it from September 13 of this year to October 18. On the new date, it will go up against are Carrie, Don Jon and Seventh Son.
Escape Plan is directed by Mikael Håfström, and follows a security expert (Stallone) who must escape a high-tech prison built to his own specifications. Schwarzenegger plays an inmate in the high-tech, secret facility, and the cast also features Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan.
Meanwhile, we don’t know for certain whether or not Schwarzenegger will end up alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich in The Expendables 3, but we do know the release date: August 15, 2014. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct when the sequel goes into production late this summer.
There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s return to the big screen hasn’t exactly caught the public imagination so far. As a result, it looks like he’s getting weird. The actor is now in talks to play a major role in a remake of The Toxic Avenger — but he won’t be the title character. No, don’t close the browser tab just yet; there might yet be something good in this deal. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether your idea of fun is G-rated college kids or hard-R strippers, there’s something in today’s Sequel Bits for you. After the jump:
- Jessica Alba promises to do more dancing in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- … while Robert Rodrigez comments on Dennis Haysbert replacing Michael Clarke Duncan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger explains why his age won’t be an issue in The Legend of Conan
- Screenwriter Craig Mazin talks about weathering criticism for The Hangover Part II
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation will be digitally remastered for a one-week IMAX 3D release
- See some cute international posters and a new setting for Monsters University
- Vin Diesel and Karl Urban face off once again in the newest Riddick still
Read More »