Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Luke, Leia, and Han are all set to appear in the new Star Wars trilogy, but what about their trusty pal C3PO? Anthony Daniels will only say “wait and see.” Also after the jump:
- Here’s why you shouldn’t believe those Star Wars plot rumors
- Warwick Davis wants to audition for Episode VII
- Zack Snyder talks about what Man of Steel might mean for Star Wars
- Neill Blomkamp doesn’t think he’s right for Star Wars
- Peter Mayhew‘s lightsaber gets him in trouble with the TSA
- Nerdists sets hosts for the Course of the Force relay
- See costume test pics from Star Wars: A New Hope
- EA announces a new Star Wars: Battlefront
- Watch a 50-minute 1997 documentary about George Lucas
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These days, the Star Wars news never stops. Thank god you have Star Wars Bits to help you out. After the jump, read about the following:
- Anthony Daniels suggests he could be returning for Star Wars Episode VII and that Star Wars Celebration will have some answers.
- Harrison Ford does NOT like being asked about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch a seven-hour documentary on the original Star Wars Trilogy.
- Read an interview with two Dark Horse bigwigs discussing the upcoming adaptation of The Star Wars and see some concept art…
- …but that interview isn’t without its controversy.
- Star Wars historian J.W. Rinzler also did an interview about The Star Wars comic book.
- Billy Dee Williams will be at Star Wars Weekends at Disney on June 7-9.
- Check out the art for a new Star Wars Concept Art book.
- The recent layoffs at Disney are related to the studio’s purchase of Lucasfilm.
- Related to that, read an insider’s look at the final days at Lucasarts.
- Darth Vader isn’t happy he lost the Star Wars
- A major movie museum might have its own Death Star.
Read More »
There’s only so much that we can get out of seeing a 3D trailer in 2D, especially when the film in question is something as well-known as The Phantom Menace. But on the off chance you didn’t see the trailer for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D on screens this weekend in front of The Three Musketeers, you can now check it out below. Read More »
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’re a little Star Tours obsessed here on /Film. As Star Wars fans, the original ride was usually the highlight of an already awesome trip to Disney and now, the fact that they’re updating it with state of the art 3D effects and 54 variable stories featuring a ton of classic locations and characters, is almost too cool for words. In tracking the progress of the ride, officially called Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, opening May 20 at Walt Disney World in Florida and June 3 at Disneyland in California, one of the questions has always been, how does that variable story scenario work?
Anthony Daniels – C-3PO himself – has now dropped a bunch of details both on his role in the ride, some hints of what to expect and explained the variable nature of the whole thing. Think “slot machine.” Read what he had to say below. Read More »
A couple weeks ago it was announced that Anthony Daniels reprised his role as C-3PO alongside his Star Wars droid partner R2-D2 in a LucasFilm licensed television advertisement filmed for the UK electronics megastore chain Currys.
The advert sees C-3PO and R2-D2 land on planet earth in a Megastore carpark late at night, with R2-D2 boldly breaking into the store, closely followed by C-3PO. The droids proceed to explore the store, interacting with the store’s inventory in the iconic and inimitable style that their fans have come to know and love. With references to many Star Wars favourites – including of course, Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt – the advert is set to delight young and old Star Wars fans alike.
The extended 1:12 director’s city advertisement has since been released online (and somehow we missed posting this on the site). Watch it now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Forget that Taylor Lautner kid; the real teen heartthrob acting breakout may well be Zac Efron, who has lined up a raft of possible projects along several different subject lines. The latest is an untitled workplace comedy set up at Warner Bros.
But first, Efron will play…Anakin Skywalker? Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Yesterday was the third day of a secret LucasFilm film shoot in West Hollywood. If you were allowed to enter the “LODESTAR” production stage, you would’ve seen Boba Fett, Admiral Ackbar, a Tusken Raider, and even some Jawas. C3PO himself Anthony Daniels will be filming later this week.
So what is LucasFilm shooting? The good news is that George Lucas isn’t making a another Star Wars movie (not yet anyways) or additional scenes for some super duper special edition. And No, the Star Wars live-action television series has yet to begin production. So what is it? Answer after the jump.
Read More »