Lucasfilm finally revealed some of their upcoming Star Wars plans this weekend at New York Comic-Con. There we learned a bunch about 2014′s Disney XD series Star Wars: Rebels, including that a new villain called the Imperial Inquisitor (above) will fight for the Empire. The Inquisitor’s reveal might have been the highlight but it was far from the only piece of news. After the jump, check out a bunch of new concept art from the show as well as the following:
- Anthony Daniels might have confirmed participation in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Ralph McQuarrie‘s designs are a major influence on Star Wars Rebels.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about friends working on Star Wars Episode VII.
- The final episodes of Star Wars: Clone Wars will air in early 2014.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Luke, Leia, and Han are all set to appear in the new Star Wars trilogy, but what about their trusty pal C3PO? Anthony Daniels will only say “wait and see.” Also after the jump:
- Here’s why you shouldn’t believe those Star Wars plot rumors
- Warwick Davis wants to audition for Episode VII
- Zack Snyder talks about what Man of Steel might mean for Star Wars
- Neill Blomkamp doesn’t think he’s right for Star Wars
- Peter Mayhew‘s lightsaber gets him in trouble with the TSA
- Nerdists sets hosts for the Course of the Force relay
- See costume test pics from Star Wars: A New Hope
- EA announces a new Star Wars: Battlefront
- Watch a 50-minute 1997 documentary about George Lucas
Read More »
These days, the Star Wars news never stops. Thank god you have Star Wars Bits to help you out. After the jump, read about the following:
- Anthony Daniels suggests he could be returning for Star Wars Episode VII and that Star Wars Celebration will have some answers.
- Harrison Ford does NOT like being asked about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch a seven-hour documentary on the original Star Wars Trilogy.
- Read an interview with two Dark Horse bigwigs discussing the upcoming adaptation of The Star Wars and see some concept art…
- …but that interview isn’t without its controversy.
- Star Wars historian J.W. Rinzler also did an interview about The Star Wars comic book.
- Billy Dee Williams will be at Star Wars Weekends at Disney on June 7-9.
- Check out the art for a new Star Wars Concept Art book.
- The recent layoffs at Disney are related to the studio’s purchase of Lucasfilm.
- Related to that, read an insider’s look at the final days at Lucasarts.
- Darth Vader isn’t happy he lost the Star Wars
- A major movie museum might have its own Death Star.
Read More »
There’s only so much that we can get out of seeing a 3D trailer in 2D, especially when the film in question is something as well-known as The Phantom Menace. But on the off chance you didn’t see the trailer for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D on screens this weekend in front of The Three Musketeers, you can now check it out below. Read More »
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’re a little Star Tours obsessed here on /Film. As Star Wars fans, the original ride was usually the highlight of an already awesome trip to Disney and now, the fact that they’re updating it with state of the art 3D effects and 54 variable stories featuring a ton of classic locations and characters, is almost too cool for words. In tracking the progress of the ride, officially called Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, opening May 20 at Walt Disney World in Florida and June 3 at Disneyland in California, one of the questions has always been, how does that variable story scenario work?
Anthony Daniels – C-3PO himself – has now dropped a bunch of details both on his role in the ride, some hints of what to expect and explained the variable nature of the whole thing. Think “slot machine.” Read what he had to say below. Read More »
A couple weeks ago it was announced that Anthony Daniels reprised his role as C-3PO alongside his Star Wars droid partner R2-D2 in a LucasFilm licensed television advertisement filmed for the UK electronics megastore chain Currys.
The advert sees C-3PO and R2-D2 land on planet earth in a Megastore carpark late at night, with R2-D2 boldly breaking into the store, closely followed by C-3PO. The droids proceed to explore the store, interacting with the store’s inventory in the iconic and inimitable style that their fans have come to know and love. With references to many Star Wars favourites – including of course, Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt – the advert is set to delight young and old Star Wars fans alike.
The extended 1:12 director’s city advertisement has since been released online (and somehow we missed posting this on the site). Watch it now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Forget that Taylor Lautner kid; the real teen heartthrob acting breakout may well be Zac Efron, who has lined up a raft of possible projects along several different subject lines. The latest is an untitled workplace comedy set up at Warner Bros.
But first, Efron will play…Anakin Skywalker? Read More »