Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Laika isn’t making a sequel to The Boxtrolls, because it just doesn’t want to. Which is not something we hear a lot around these parts. Also after the jump:
- Check out concept art from the Maze Runner follow-up
- The Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 script is in…
- … but no one’s called Jeremy Renner about it yet
- Michael K. Williams plans to return for The Purge 3
- Night at the Museum 3 gets an Escher-inspired poster
- Here’s how you can win a spot in Magic Mike XXL
- Robert Forster will be back for Better Call Saul
- The Conjuring spinoff Annabelle reveals more pics
- The original I Spit On Your Grave is getting a sequel
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sequels, spinoffs, and reboots aplenty after the jump.
- Samurai Cop 2 is happening with Tommy Wiseau
- Caity Lotz will return for The Pact 2
- Mark Ruffalo offers a Now You See Me 2 update
- The third Sharknado will hit Washington DC
- Ghostbusters producer Joe Medjuck talks threequel
- Woman in Black 2 will open in January 2015
- Watch another Drumline: A New Beat preview
- See another trailer for the Veronica Mars spinoff
- Conjuring spinoff Annabelle gets a creepy TV spot
- Get your first look at Transporter Legacy
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
The creepy doll Annabelle was only a small part of The Conjuring, but she sure made an impression. Enough so that New Line decided to give her her own spinoff.
The new Annabelle trailer picks up around where the old one left off. Following the vicious attack on their home, John (Ward Horton) and Mia (Annabelle Wallis) have pulled themselves back together. However, awful things keep happening. Hit the jump for the new Annabelle trailer.
Read More »
The doll Annabelle seen in The Conjuring had a life — or an existence, at least — before the events of that film. Now the doll gets her own on-screen origin story in Annabelle. The film version of the doll is based on a case investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren in which a college student was beset by a demon that was manipulating the doll. We don’t know if that’s really the story in this film, but the first Annabelle trailer gives the doll its own condensed “birth” as an object of evil. Read More »
The creepy, haunted doll from The Conjuring is about to be the star of her own movie. Annabelle is a spin-off featuring the doll that ended up in the home museum of Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) in The Conjuring. But like the rest of the events of that film, the doll has a real-world basis, and this October we’ll see some of it translated to film. Read More »
Briefly: Six months ago, who would have though James Wan’s The Conjuring would itself conjure not one, but two, follow-ups? A spin-off, Annabelle, is currently filming. Now Warner Bros. has set a prime October 23, 2015 release date for the direct sequel to the paranormal investigation film. Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes are writing and Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson are now confirmed to return. There’s no word on the plot, but Lorraine Warren was again interviewed extensively as research. [ERCboxoffice and Variety]
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, January 16th, 2014 by Angie Han
Though she wasn’t the main focus of The Conjuring, Annabelle the doll was one of its most memorable visions. Her cracked gray face and clown-like smile look like the stuff nightmares are made of, even before it’s revealed that she’s possessed by demons hell-bent on destroying her roommates.
She was so effectively creepy, in fact, that now she’s getting her own movie. New Line is moving ahead with the Conjuring spinoff Annabelle, casting Annabelle Wallis and Ward Horton in the leads. Shooting will get underway later this month. Get plot details and more after the jump.
Read More »