New Line had planned a Conjuring sequel for October 2015, but that plan has changed. Just weeks after the Conjuring spin-off Annabelle opened in the US, New Line has pulled The Conjuring 2 off the 3015 schedule, pushing it into 2016. The studio will still use that date for horror, and will release a different, as-yet untitled horror movie on the old Conjuring 2 date. Could this have anything to do with the good reception for Annabelle, which technically exists in the same series, but was a lot cheaper to make? Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This past weekend, it took every dollar and cent for David Fincher’s latest to beat Annabelle. A prequel to last year’s hit horror film The Conjuring, Annabelle tells the story of the evil doll seen briefly in The Conjuring. Evil dolls are not a new thing though. Just today, the creator of Chucky said he’d love his creation to appear in a showdown with Annabelle. Now, a clever video has hit the net that takes the idea of Annabelle and mashes it with a very unlikely bedfellow: Pixar’s Toy Story. Watch the funny trailer for the Toy Story Annabelle film, Woody. Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Simply by virtue of being an evil doll, Annabelle from Annabelle can’t help but inspire comparisons to the most famous evil doll of them all: Chucky from Child’s Play. But Chucky creator Don Mancini doesn’t seem to mind. In fact, he hopes to see the two freaky toys join forces someday, if all the legal issues can be sorted out.
Hit the jump to read Mancini’s thoughts on a potential Chucky Annabelle crossover.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Laika isn’t making a sequel to The Boxtrolls, because it just doesn’t want to. Which is not something we hear a lot around these parts. Also after the jump:
- Check out concept art from the Maze Runner follow-up
- The Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 script is in…
- … but no one’s called Jeremy Renner about it yet
- Michael K. Williams plans to return for The Purge 3
- Night at the Museum 3 gets an Escher-inspired poster
- Here’s how you can win a spot in Magic Mike XXL
- Robert Forster will be back for Better Call Saul
- The Conjuring spinoff Annabelle reveals more pics
- The original I Spit On Your Grave is getting a sequel
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sequels, spinoffs, and reboots aplenty after the jump.
- Samurai Cop 2 is happening with Tommy Wiseau
- Caity Lotz will return for The Pact 2
- Mark Ruffalo offers a Now You See Me 2 update
- The third Sharknado will hit Washington DC
- Ghostbusters producer Joe Medjuck talks threequel
- Woman in Black 2 will open in January 2015
- Watch another Drumline: A New Beat preview
- See another trailer for the Veronica Mars spinoff
- Conjuring spinoff Annabelle gets a creepy TV spot
- Get your first look at Transporter Legacy
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
The creepy doll Annabelle was only a small part of The Conjuring, but she sure made an impression. Enough so that New Line decided to give her her own spinoff.
The new Annabelle trailer picks up around where the old one left off. Following the vicious attack on their home, John (Ward Horton) and Mia (Annabelle Wallis) have pulled themselves back together. However, awful things keep happening. Hit the jump for the new Annabelle trailer.
Read More »
The doll Annabelle seen in The Conjuring had a life — or an existence, at least — before the events of that film. Now the doll gets her own on-screen origin story in Annabelle. The film version of the doll is based on a case investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren in which a college student was beset by a demon that was manipulating the doll. We don’t know if that’s really the story in this film, but the first Annabelle trailer gives the doll its own condensed “birth” as an object of evil. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The creepy, haunted doll from The Conjuring is about to be the star of her own movie. Annabelle is a spin-off featuring the doll that ended up in the home museum of Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) in The Conjuring. But like the rest of the events of that film, the doll has a real-world basis, and this October we’ll see some of it translated to film. Read More »